11 hours ago, SkullLeaderVF-X said:

Hey everyone.  It's been a long time since I was last here, but I have a question I was hoping someone could  answer. I've been trying to find a answer on my own, but nothing yet. What happened/happens to Freyja at the end of Delta? Is she going to die, since she was getting those dry whitish/grayish patches of skin. I know Windermerians have short lives, but feel it's kind of a bittersweet end to Delta. Unless I missed something. Thankyou all ahead of time.^_^

The only time that phenomenon is named is in the movie Macross Delta: Passionate Walkure, which refers to it as "crystalization".

Crystalization is a normal symptom of aging in Windermereans.  You could call it their species version of getting liver spots.  It's not (directly) harmful to their health, but it is an overt sign of old age which starts to occur in their mid-twenties as they near the end of their natural lifespan of approximately 30 standard years.

Windermereans who use/abuse their runes to enhance their abilities - like Freyja's rune boosting her fold songs or the Aerial Knights bullet time "Wind Riding" shenanigans - are essentially employing a "Cast from Life Force" buff at the cost of dramatically and permanently reducing their remaining life.  The most extreme case would probably be what happened to Qasim Eber-hardt in Ep22 of Macross Delta's TV series.  He was 23 years old, and overuse of his rune to "ride the wind" in a dogfight with Xaos forces burned up his remaining lifespan to the point that he died in his cockpit.  Prince Heinz's overuse of his runes singing the Song of the Wind is another severe example.  He abused his power so much to realize his father's goals that he's as infirm at age 9 as his father was at 33.  

Freyja, luckily, is only just starting to see the consequences of overusing her rune to boost her fold songs.  She's 15 at the end of Macross Delta, what would normally be exactly halfway through the typical Windermerean's lifespan, and she's probably shortened her lifespan by at least a few years.

10 hours ago, kajnrig said:

I seem to recall the final episode cures some of the mineralization(?) afflicting her, but not all of it.

You're thinking of the ending of the Passionate Walkure movie, IIRC... which showed both Heinz and Freyja's crystalization partially reversing itself.

3 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

The only time that phenomenon is named is in the movie Macross Delta: Passionate Walkure, which refers to it as "crystalization".

Crystalization is a normal symptom of aging in Windermereans.  You could call it their species version of getting liver spots.  It's not (directly) harmful to their health, but it is an overt sign of old age which starts to occur in their mid-twenties as they near the end of their natural lifespan of approximately 30 standard years.

Windermereans who use/abuse their runes to enhance their abilities - like Freyja's rune boosting her fold songs or the Aerial Knights bullet time "Wind Riding" shenanigans - are essentially employing a "Cast from Life Force" buff at the cost of dramatically and permanently reducing their remaining life.  The most extreme case would probably be what happened to Qasim Eber-hardt in Ep22 of Macross Delta's TV series.  He was 23 years old, and overuse of his rune to "ride the wind" in a dogfight with Xaos forces burned up his remaining lifespan to the point that he died in his cockpit.  Prince Heinz's overuse of his runes singing the Song of the Wind is another severe example.  He abused his power so much to realize his father's goals that he's as infirm at age 9 as his father was at 33.  

Freyja, luckily, is only just starting to see the consequences of overusing her rune to boost her fold songs.  She's 15 at the end of Macross Delta, what would normally be exactly halfway through the typical Windermerean's lifespan, and she's probably shortened her lifespan by at least a few years.

You're thinking of the ending of the Passionate Walkure movie, IIRC... which showed both Heinz and Freyja's crystalization partially reversing itself.

Why do Windermerians have such short lifespans?  They consider themselves to "chosen" by Protoculture, yet they have such minuscule lifespans when compared to humans,zentradi and zolans. Kinda sad imho.

5 minutes ago, SkullLeaderVF-X said:

Why do Windermerians have such short lifespans?

Keith and Roid's little tête-à-tête on the Sigur Berrentzs's upper hull suggests the ancient Protoculture engineered the Windermereans with short lifespans intentionally.  The "why" is never discussed, but it seems to be something neither of them is entirely happy with since Keith openly resents them for his people's short lifespans and Roid's assimilation plot is at least partly motivated by a desire to give his people longer lives.

It may be related to their greater level of physical ability and the demonstrated link between the fold receptors in their runes that give their species a level of natural empathic talent and the greater base level of physical ability vs. other sub-Protoculture species.  (It seems likely that the Protoculture tried to create a species with greater natural empathy that would be less inclined to violence and built the short lifespan into them to delay their development of advanced technology as long as possible in a bid to have them solve their internal disputes before leaving for the stars.)

5 minutes ago, SkullLeaderVF-X said:

They consider themselves to "chosen" by Protoculture, yet they have such minuscule lifespans when compared to humans,zentradi and zolans. Kinda sad imho.

Roid's belief that the Windermereans were the chosen heirs of the ancient Protoculture seems to be mainly by two factors:

• That the Brisingr globular cluster, and Windermere IV in particular, are believed to have been the ancient Protoculture's last stronghold before succumbing to extinction.
  • That the Protoculture left behind the Sigur Berrentzs as the key to the Delta Wave System along with some clues on how to locate, activate, and use it on Windermere IV (even though the core of the system was actually on Ragna).

32 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

(It seems likely that the Protoculture tried to create a species with greater natural empathy that would be less inclined to violence and built the short lifespan into them to delay their development of advanced technology as long as possible in a bid to have them solve their internal disputes before leaving for the stars.)

The UN really need some First Contact protocols. Though granted, humanity had a freakin spaceship dropped on our laps. At least no one on that said craft was alive to show us how to use it and we still hadn't left our solar system by the time someone made first contact with us... Having a freakin colony fleet just come to a planet without some investigation of the native life must have caused Windermere to leapfrog a few centuries of social development.

38 minutes ago, azrael said:

The UN really need some First Contact protocols. Though granted, humanity had a freakin spaceship dropped on our laps. At least no one on that said craft was alive to show us how to use it and we still hadn't left our solar system by the time someone made first contact with us... Having a freakin colony fleet just come to a planet without some investigation of the native life must have caused Windermere to leapfrog a few centuries of social development.

They have some... alluded to back in Macross Frontier, which mentioned that galactic law forbade an emigrant fleet to invade an inhabited planet.  It's not quite the Prime Directive, but it's a start.  Thus far they seem to be doing pretty good, with the Vajra being their only non-friendly first contact due to the extreme differences in communication methods.

Things only went south on Windermere IV because the Kingdom of the Wind was impatient about the slow pace of its economic growth due to its relative isolation.

8 minutes ago, Sailor Arashi said:

I imagine the social sciences took a pretty big hit when almost everyone not on a warship or military base died in the first war.

Yeah, though they did have the Apollo Base colony and the space colony clusters, so presumably at least some of that sort made it through OK.

2 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Roid's belief that the Windermereans were the chosen heirs of the ancient Protoculture seems to be mainly by two factors:

• That the Brisingr globular cluster, and Windermere IV in particular, are believed to have been the ancient Protoculture's last stronghold before succumbing to extinction.
  • That the Protoculture left behind the Sigur Berrentzs as the key to the Delta Wave System along with some clues on how to locate, activate, and use it on Windermere IV (even though the core of the system was actually on Ragna).

Overall, I feel humanity has proven time and time again, that we are the closest to following in Protoculture footsteps, and possibly surpassing them. Although we may stumble and tumble down here and there every so often, but we have succeeded in many area's Protoculture failed. We managed to more or less de-militerized the Zentradi. Made peace with, not just seal away, the proto-devlin. Sang with some space whales. Manged to actually communicate with the Vajra. The only thing that holds us back is our esurient need of power and the corruption it causes, which has always been a problem since the Unification wars and following into the U.N Spacy from space war 1,  into even the "New" U.N Spacy era.

12 minutes ago, SkullLeaderVF-X said:

we are the closest to following in Protoculture footsteps, and possibly surpassing them.

Humanity has managed to start heavily colonizing the galaxy without ever once creating an army of genetically engineered clone slaves, so I'd say they surpassed the Protoculture at the very first step.  Humanity/New-UN/etc may still be a long way from matching their level of technology, but by everything we've seen they're morally superior in every way that matters.  The Protoculture were kinda a bunch of a-holes.  Even the 'reformer' faction that went around seeding planets with a hope for a peaceful future still left autonomous superweapons behind to genocide any race that developed in a way they didn't approve of.

Also...I assumed the Protoculture at least managed the basic "Go in peace fellow sapient entity" contact level with the Vajra that the Frontier fleet achieved.  I mean, they built that nifty nest ring for the Vajra queen and everything, right? 

9 minutes ago, Sailor Arashi said:

Also...I assumed the Protoculture at least managed the basic "Go in peace fellow sapient entity" contact level with the Vajra that the Frontier fleet achieved.  I mean, they built that nifty nest ring for the Vajra queen and everything, right? 

It's indicated that the ancient Protoculture revered the Vajra, and there are some fairly strong indications that the Protoculture may have based a fair amount of their military technology on Vajra anatomy.

54 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

It's indicated that the ancient Protoculture revered the Vajra, and there are some fairly strong indications that the Protoculture may have based a fair amount of their military technology on Vajra anatomy.

Right, the idea that the Protoculture developed a lot of their tech by studying the Vajra is how the writers of Macross Frontier balanced having an adversary too alien to easily communicate with, yet still has recognizably 'Macross' style technology so everything is still nice and familiar for the viewers.   It's a pretty good retcon, IMHO.  It slots quite nicely into the continuity and offers possible explanations for previously unexplained things like why Zentradi tech tends to have an organic look to it.

What I meant, though, is that I don't think there's any indication that the Protoculture didn't have the ability to communicate with the Vajra on at least the same basic level that the Frontier fleet achieved.  Given that genetic engineering is kinda their thing, it'd be a little weird if they couldn't figure out how the V-Type bacteria worked, after all.   I'm happy to be wrong if this was detailed in some magazine or another, of course.

Edited by Sailor Arashi

2 hours ago, JB0 said:

Definitely the high point of interstellar civilization right there.

Who knew space whales loved to jam and sing along? Not the Zolans,not Protoculture...But Basara knew, Basara knew.

On a side note, was it ever uncovered who Lady M was from Delta?

1 hour ago, Sailor Arashi said:

What I meant, though, is that I don't think there's any indication that the Protoculture didn't have the ability to communicate with the Vajra on at least the same basic level that the Frontier fleet achieved.  Given that genetic engineering is kinda their thing, it'd be a little weird if they couldn't figure out how the V-Type bacteria worked, after all.   I'm happy to be wrong if this was detailed in some magazine or another, of course.

Seems a safe bet they figured it out eventually... they had fold singers and weaponized them in their war with the Protodeviln, and even built a massive mind control system around the fold receptor mechanism that works similarly to the V-type bacterium.  They had to have sussed it out at some point.

3 minutes ago, SkullLeaderVF-X said:

Officially?  No.  

The only time that I'm aware of the show's staff commenting on the matter was a piece in Newtype around the time the Macross Delta series ended, in which they indicated they never decided on an identity for Lady M and were content to leave it ambiguous for the time being.

One of the fansub groups - I think it was [Deadfish] - caused a stir and an enduring fallacy by asserting in a translator's note that it was Lynn Minmay even though in-series dialog basically makes it impossible for any pre-existing character to be Lady M.

48 minutes ago, SkullLeaderVF-X said:

Who knew space whales loved to jam and sing along? Not the Zolans,not Protoculture...But Basara knew, Basara knew.

Basara's the smartest guy in the franchise, in some respects.

Lady M is actually Doctor Chiba. His Minmay obsession went too far, he now dresses in a skirt and insists he IS Minmay. Being as he is undeniably brilliant, his staff runs interference and compromises by referring to him as Lady M to maintain some shred of their dignity, if not his.

</personal_canon>

41 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

One of the fansub groups - I think it was [Deadfish] - caused a stir and an enduring fallacy by asserting in a translator's note that it was Lynn Minmay even though in-series dialog basically makes it impossible for any pre-existing character to be Lady M.

Also that would've just been dumb.

30 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Also that would've just been dumb.

She's not the sort of "hidden depths" person you'd expect to launch an interstellar communications startup and shepherd it until it became a interstellar conglomerate megacorporation.  What you see is pretty much what you get with Minmay.

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

She's not the sort of "hidden depths" person you'd expect to launch an interstellar communications startup and shepherd it until it became a interstellar conglomerate megacorporation.  What you see is pretty much what you get with Minmay.

She was a good girl. A little naive at times, but she matured well. I remember stumbling on a pic of a letter from Minmay, which was supposed to be her last letter from the Megaroad-1. About some sort of signals or interference.  Is this canon, fan made, or am going crazy? Also if it is true, has Kawamori released any new info about Meagroad-1?

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

9 hours ago, SkullLeaderVF-X said:

She was a good girl. A little naive at times, but she matured well. I remember stumbling on a pic of a letter from Minmay, which was supposed to be her last letter from the Megaroad-1.

It was a postcard that you could send away for if you bought the PS1 Macross: Do You Remember Love? video game.  

@sketchley has a translation of it posted here.

About some sort of signals or interference.  Is this canon, fan made, or am going crazy? Also if it is true, has Kawamori released any new info about Meagroad-1?

Its canonicity, inasmuch as Kawamori cares about such notions, is dubious.

No new info about Megaroad-01 has been released, apart from some updates/corrections to its tech specs in Macross Chronicle.  Its fate remains a mystery.

42 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

@sketchley has a translation of it posted here.

*reads*

Oooooh!   So that's where the idea that the Megaroad-01 fell into a black hole comes from.  I'd always heard people say that and assumed it was something snide Kawamori said in an interview once to get people to stop asking him about it.   That's still far more hopeful than people usually frame it as being.  The implication being that Misa et al are still out there having their "happily ever after", they're just somewhere very far away now so they don't have to include things like XX-Year: Misa Hayase dies or whatever on the official timeline.

2 minutes ago, Sailor Arashi said:

[...] they're just somewhere very far away now so they don't have to include things like XX-Year: Misa Hayase dies or whatever on the official timeline.

That, and so the audience is forced to let go of the original trio... neatly preventing other writers from dragging them back over and over again like the old Star Wars EU did to the original trilogy cast and doing what Robotech continues to do to its Macross holdover characters.

Kawamori has always maintained that Hikaru, Misa, and Minmay sailed off into the proverbial sunset and their story is over.  This postcard is him drawing a double underline and six exclamation marks on the word "over".

While I hope the trinity did find peace on the other side, I also can't help but wish for a series where the universe they crossed into turned out to be the devlin-verse.  And they had to fight the proto-devlin off with thermonukes before eventually teaching them Minmay's song.

13 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

While I hope the trinity did find peace on the other side, I also can't help but wish for a series where the universe they crossed into turned out to be the devlin-verse.  And they had to fight the proto-devlin off with thermonukes before eventually teaching them Minmay's song.

Imagine, it's a time warp, to the past. They are actually the first true Protoculture, that set everything rolling. It keeps reapeating into a closed loop of continuous cause and effect.:p

But.......Oh man. I really wish, they would reanimate the original SDF series like the Macross pachinko game cut scenes. 

By the way, has Alto's fate been disclosed, from the Wings of Goodbye? Did he come back? Like actually confirmed.  When I last saw this discussion,  it was only "alluded" he came back, from Sherly waking up from her coma.And do we follow the t.v series events or the movie events...Or like the usual mish-mash of both?

Also, do we know what happens to Alto,Sheryl and Ranka leading up to Delta? I would imagine both Ranka and Sheryl are still enormously famous, and do alot of collaboration work with each other, since they were pretty much BFF after the series and movie. But I can't see Alto staying tied down, when he has the sky for him to fly in. I feel he would like to continue being a pilot in the SMS. Maybe Sheryl and Ranka's personal armed guard. Allowing SMS to venture into the personal bodyguard business?

21 minutes ago, SkullLeaderVF-X said:

Imagine, it's a time warp, to the past. They are actually the first true Protoculture, that set everything rolling. It keeps reapeating into a closed loop of continuous cause and effect.:p

But.......Oh man. I really wish, they would reanimate the original SDF series like the Macross pachinko game cut scenes. 

By the way, has Alto's fate been disclosed, from the Wings of Goodbye? Did he come back? Like actually confirmed.  When I last saw this discussion,  it was only "alluded" he came back, from Sherly waking up from her coma.And do we follow the t.v series events or the movie events...Or like the usual mish-mash of both?

Also, do we know what happens to Alto,Sheryl and Ranka leading up to Delta? I would imagine both Ranka and Sheryl are still enormously famous, and do alot of collaboration work with each other, since they were pretty much BFF after the series and movie. But I can't see Alto staying tied down, when he has the sky for him to fly in. I feel he would like to continue being a pilot in the SMS. Maybe Sheryl and Ranka's personal armed guard. Allowing SMS to venture into the personal bodyguard business?

Mix of both canons as it often is with SK's "Canon is an abstract concept" philosophy.

Alto can reasonably be believed to have returned though. As for their time after the show up till Delta.. well yeah Sheryl and Ranka are galactically famous. Freyja knew of them and she is from a culture that ignored outside culture for 7 odd years (their music was likely pretty available there before the war). Freyja even has a rendition of Ranka's Seikan Hikou she sang as a child.

Alto staying in SMS is a decent bet. It's likely he got more serious with Sheryl. TV canon left that ambiguous but the movies blatantly stated Sheryl won the triangle (and in the TV series they were technically even more close... especially physically, heh). I'm sure though all three are still good friends. Ranka will grow up and get over it eventually after all.

The real question is, is Michael alive or not? Maybe we mix both the show and the movies and say they recovered his corpse from space and made him a zombie, lol.

4 minutes ago, Master Dex said:

Mix of both canons as it often is with SK's "Canon is an abstract concept" philosophy.

Alto can reasonably be believed to have returned though. As for their time after the show up till Delta.. well yeah Sheryl and Ranka are galactically famous. Freyja knew of them and she is from a culture that ignored outside culture for 7 odd years (their music was likely pretty available there before the war). Freyja even has a rendition of Ranka's Seikan Hikou she sang as a child.

Alto staying in SMS is a decent bet. It's likely he got more serious with Sheryl. TV canon left that ambiguous but the movies blatantly stated Sheryl won the triangle (and in the TV series they were technically even more close... especially physically, heh). I'm sure though all three are still good friends. Ranka will grow up and get over it eventually after all.

The real question is, is Michael alive or not? Maybe we mix both the show and the movies and say they recovered his corpse from space and made him a zombie, lol.

Klan Klan needs her happy ending too! And I'll trade a Brera for a Michael any day.

So, of we go by the movies. What about Mr. Dyson? What happened from MPlus to Frontier?  Where can I find the info of him joining the SMS, and test piloting the yf-24 or was it the VF25?

42 minutes ago, SkullLeaderVF-X said:

End of the Circle references should be outlawed as international war crimes.

2 minutes ago, JB0 said:

End of the Circle references should be outlawed as international war crimes.

I honestly am not familiar with the last parts of the Robotech novels JB0. But apparently what I said is the plot to those said novels.

1 hour ago, SkullLeaderVF-X said:

Klan Klan needs her happy ending too! And I'll trade a Brera for a Michael any day.

So, of we go by the movies. What about Mr. Dyson? What happened from MPlus to Frontier?  Where can I find the info of him joining the SMS, and test piloting the yf-24 or was it the VF25?

There is some details about him, but Seto knows more than I do (I think it was only short blurbs of information really, likely from the blu-ray liner notes). Essentially he got chained to a desk by the UNS/NUNS over time because of course they did that so he got out eventually and SMS offered him the flying career he always wanted. I think he was involved in YF-25 testing perhaps but don't quote me (There was never a physical YF-24.. except maybe for a Federal Forces test model). I also know he got the VF-19E/F made basically to match the flight difficulty of the YF-19/VF-19A but with modern improvements despite being built on a 'Colony grade' platform.

4 hours ago, SkullLeaderVF-X said:

I honestly am not familiar with the last parts of the Robotech novels JB0. But apparently what I said is the plot to those said novels.

More or less. That you set off my Robotech novel PTSD on accident is actually funnier than an intentional reference. 

All you need to know about the last book is that EVERYTHING IS MINMAY'S FAULT FOREVER.

11 hours ago, Mazinger said:

That's an impossibility, as the energy beings that possessed the Evhil-series bodies (bodies made by the Protoculture, BTW), come from a sub-dimension.  The "dark hole" that Minmei et al entered mostly likely leads to a different reality, but the same dimension (or the same dimensional characteristics.  In short, definitely not a sub-dimension inhabited by energy based beings.)

Edited by sketchley

7 hours ago, SkullLeaderVF-X said:

The most canon thing we can take from Macross Frontier is that the Frontier fleet encountered the Vajra and settled the Vajra home planet.

As for Alto, I think in an interview someone stated that the implication was pretty clear-cut that he comes back, so much so that they don't need to be more explicit. Me, I'm fine with the vague ending.

7 hours ago, SkullLeaderVF-X said:

I would imagine both Ranka and Sheryl are still enormously famous, and do alot of collaboration work with each other, since they were pretty much BFF after the series and movie.

7 hours ago, Master Dex said:

TV canon left that ambiguous but the movies blatantly stated Sheryl won the triangle ..... Ranka will grow up and get over it eventually after all.

My headcanon is that they all got together and fraked. Because all three of them wanted each other. No reason anyone has to "lose."

9 hours ago, Mazinger said:

The energy beings that became known as the Protodeviln are from fold space... shooting off nukes at random into fold space is not likely to achieve any meaningful results, and they're basically harmless in their own realm anyway.  The only reason they had to become predatory when they were trapped in the Evil-series bio-weapons was because the abundant energy they feed on in fold space doesn't exist in normal space.

8 hours ago, SkullLeaderVF-X said:

Let's never speak of this again... those novels are SO ABHORRENTLY BAD that even most Robotech fans refuse to defend them, and Harmony Gold publicly admits they're garbage.

Imagine how bad something Robotech-branded would have to be for Harmony Gold to admit it was a terrible mistake...

By the way, has Alto's fate been disclosed, from the Wings of Goodbye? Did he come back? Like actually confirmed.  When I last saw this discussion,  it was only "alluded" he came back, from Sherly waking up from her coma.

There is an artbook that has a picture of him greeting Sheryl upon returning... I'll see if I can find it for you.

And do we follow the t.v series events or the movie events...Or like the usual mish-mash of both?

If Macross Delta is any indication, it's the usual mishmash of both... but between Macross the Ride and Macross Delta it seems to favor the TV series version over the movie.  Berger Stone's historical presentation on "music as a weapon" shows the TV version's ending of the Vajra conflict but also shows Alto's YF-29.

AFAIK, no data is available that would indicate what Sheryl, Ranka, and Alto were doing after the events of Macross Frontier, except in not-official-setting works like Variable Fighter Master File.

8 hours ago, SkullLeaderVF-X said:

Millard takes the blame for Isamu's little stunt in Macross Plus's climax, and Isamu is "rewarded" with a career trajectory towards a desk job in the New UN Forces because the brass can't openly punish him for saving the day even though he stole the YF-19-2 and intended to commit what amounted to a terrorist act out of sheer pigheaded stupidity.

c.2057 he was a reservist who was summoned in to the New Edwards Test Flight Center to participate in the evaluation of the federal New UN Forces' latest prototype, the YF-24 Evolution.  After the federal New UN Forces decided to adopt the YF-24 as its next main fighter (VF-24), Isamu seems to have taken his retirement at the rank of Major and joined Strategic Military Services to escape his impending consignment to a full-time desk job.

The info is a brief blurb in Macross Chronicle focused not on him, but on the YF-24 program itself.

The Mechanic Sheet for his fighter in Sayonara no Tsubasa, the VF-19EF/A "Isamu Special", indicates that he tried to illegally buy a VF-19 for his own personal use and was foiled by Dr. Jan Neumann of Shinsei Industry, who instead fobbed him off with a modded VF-19EF Caliburn (Macross Frontier's VF-19E monkey model specification) under the pretense of it being a service life extension test program in order to keep Isamu from doing anything stupid/illegal.

16 hours ago, Master Dex said:

Essentially he got chained to a desk by the UNS/NUNS over time because of course they did

That's like the worst punishment I can think of too give him.

16 hours ago, Master Dex said:

I also know he got the VF-19E/F made basically to match the flight difficulty of the YF-19/VF-19A but with modern improvements despite being built on a 'Colony grade' platform.

Is "Colony grade" bad?

13 hours ago, JB0 said:

More or less. That you set off my Robotech novel PTSD on accident is actually funnier than an intentional reference.

Sorry about that JB0. I honestly only got up to the first two sentinels novels, before I completely jumped the HG ship to Macross

13 hours ago, JB0 said:

All you need to know about the last book is that EVERYTHING IS MINMAY'S FAULT FOREVER.

Hasn't it always been her fualt?

11 hours ago, sketchley said:

That's an impossibility, as the energy beings that possessed the Evhil-series bodies (bodies made by the Protoculture, BTW), come from a sub-dimension.  The "dark hole" that Minmei et al entered mostly likely leads to a different reality, but the same dimension (or the same dimensional characteristics.  In short, definitely not a sub-dimension inhabited by energy based beings.)

So basically. The bodies we see the proto-devlin using, are actually Protoculture made beings, like the Zentradi? So the proto-devlin like spirits that can permanently possess a body? 

Also did Basara ever meet with Sivil again, or that's it from the end of M7?  I ask, since Gavil came back in the Frontier/Fire Bomber movie, or was that not cannon and just a fun side project? 

9 hours ago, kajnrig said:

My headcanon is that they all got together and fraked. Because all three of them wanted each other. No reason anyone has to "lose."

As I've stated in the past on the ending of the Frontier t.v series. I support a harem ending with all three. There's enough love to go around.

8 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

The energy beings that became known as the Protodeviln are from fold space... shooting off nukes at random into fold space is not likely to achieve any meaningful results, and they're basically harmless in their own realm anyway.  The only reason they had to become predatory when they were trapped in the Evil-series bio-weapons was because the abundant energy they feed on in fold space doesn't exist in normal space.

Is it because they were always immersed in fold energy, that they couldn't, or more like, took awhile to learn how to make there own energy to feed? Fricken Basara, helping protodevlin evolve, too better themselves and teaching space whales how to rock out and jam!

Let's never speak of this again... those novels are SO ABHORRENTLY BAD that even most Robotech fans refuse to defend them, and Harmony Gold publicly admits they're garbage.

Imagine how bad something Robotech-branded would have to be for Harmony Gold to admit it was a terrible mistake...

Damn.....that bad...

Maybe it's the masochist in me, but now I want to read it, to see how terrible it is.:ph34r:

If Macross Delta is any indication, it's the usual mishmash of both... but between Macross the Ride and Macross Delta it seems to favor the TV series version over the movie.

What exactly is "Macross the Ride"? I bought a book off of ebay, and it had some very cool valk designs, but since I don't read nor understand Japanese, they looked like custom model kits to me and designs.

Millard takes the blame for Isamu's little stunt in Macross Plus's climax, and Isamu is "rewarded" with a career trajectory towards a desk job in the New UN Forces because the brass can't openly punish him for saving the day even though he stole the YF-19-2 and intended to commit what amounted to a terrorist act out of sheerpigheaded stupidity.

Wow. I always felt Millard disliked Isamu and favored Guild more, but to take the blame. That's mighty big of him. Any info on him, after the Sharon Apple incident? 

The New UN, sure knows how to punish... Masters of passive aggressiveness.

he tried to illegally buy a VF-19 for his own personal use 

Because of course he would!:lol::lol::lol:

That's his pretty girl.

modded VF-19EF Caliburn (Macross Frontier's VF-19E monkey model specification)

Those are new variants, I've never heard of. What is different compared to the usual VF-19s? Or are they just upgrades to keep the 19 "up-to-date" like the VF-1X?

in order to keep Isamu from doing anything stupid/illegal.

Goodluck. Mr. Neumann. Godspeed and goodluck.

@SkullLeaderVF-X, I found it.

It's in the Macross Frontier Sheryl Nome Final Visual Collection:024.thumb.jpg.24b2da3dade9bfe5ab5db51318524e3e.jpg

Thankyou for taking the time to look and post that pic Seto.

Well its nice to know he came back. I'am still left endlessly wondering where Shin and Sarah  are. I hope there together.

Do we know where Alto was during his time hanging out with the Vajra Queen? Or it's still up in the air?

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X