Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Finally I got mine!!! Thanks to a fellow board member on a different forum I got this YF-29 for basically retail. He knew of its value but he was still kind enough to sell it to me at that price. Anyway The hip joints and arm joints on mine were pretty loose so i took apart and threw some super glue on there and now they're good. Im so happy with this! :)

DSC07783.jpg

Congrats and thank´s for the fix video "anubis". The ball joints on arms and legs was very loose on mine too, I made the fix with superglue, it´s an easy fix and it works perfect. Happy new year for everybody!!

No prob I'm glad it helped you out. I was so happy when I got mine that I wasn't gonna let any loose joints ruin the experience :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, nice call on the prs :)

I've had my eye on modern eagles for a while now.

I have a prs though..I'd like a yf-29 :p

Modern Eagles are beautiful. Wouldn't mind one, but the 513 is something I think I wouldn't be as fearful carrying around. It'll be 513 w/ 10 top flame top maple, Angry Larry color, East Indian Rosewood fretboard. It's gonna be around $3700.

As for the yf-29, it's not that I didn't like it. I'm not one to buy toys just for profit, either. I think that in watching the second Frontier movie, the fact that it's only in it for a very short time, it didn't give me a connection with the toy. I'd rather have the extra funds to buy something I really have been waiting for. If they become available again down the line, I'll see, but priorities first, I guess.

As for the yf-29, it's not that I didn't like it. I'm not one to buy toys just for profit, either. I think that in watching the second Frontier movie, the fact that it's only in it for a very short time, it didn't give me a connection with the toy. I'd rather have the extra funds to buy something I really have been waiting for. If they become available again down the line, I'll see, but priorities first, I guess.

This was my problem with the 29 as well. I wanted other stuff more, and I didn't care for the valk in the movie. Yeah, it was cool when it ejected the super parts and then fired the missles, but that was about it.

I really didn't think the movie was all that great. No regrets on selling it, except maybe I should have waited an extra couple months to sell it for more money. :p

Edited by pud333

The YF-29 was created for the sole purpose of selling some more toys with the release of the latest movie.

Plot-wise, the YF-29 makes no damn sense. Even by anime standards, the speed with which they created the YF-29 was ridiculous. The VF-25 and 27 series are supposed to be cutting edge, top of the line fighters... so where did the YF-29 come from? Did some grease monkeys whip it up in their garage over the weekend?

Speaking of weekend, apparently the requirements for joining SMS are the same as the Springfield Police: a solid weekend of training. And you hand your latest prototype fighter to a kid who's had a weekend of training and just lost a (very expensive) VF-25 because of his own inexperience and inadequacy? Not making good decisions with your money, Mr. Bilrer. :p

That said, I do like the look of the YF-29, but not enough to shell out the current insane prices. As others have pointed out, it only appears in the latter part of one movie and doesn't do anything special. Unless you count Alto losing yet another aircraft as something special. :mellow:

I've not even seen the movie yet, but I youtubed the part of the movie where the 29 comes out with all it's glory :)

I hear you though on prioritizing the things you want. If it wasn't for the 10+ year break I took buying Valks, I'd probably not be after this Toy. But I'm back in it, and it's refreshing and fun...it's NOT work related (the best part) !!!! :)

You will get FAR more use out of that PRS! I play guitar everyday....My Valks are just tucked in the Closet for now....although....I look at them everyday and smile, lol

I could be wrong, but I sorta view the 29 like the Elintseeker...that had even LESS Screen time, yet that was my #1 Fav Valk. I used to have 2 mint bandai versions of it. I got smart however and sold my vintage duplicates. I thought about hoarding them all then throwing them all in the air and rolling around with them...but that would have damaged the boxes....so I kept 1 complete set and moved the rest.

Get your guitar dude :)

Would love to see it when you have it!

About the 29.....I have a hard time spending the increaed price with the thought there MIGHT be a rerelease and that MIGHT include some fixes.

I guess I'll have to make a decision at some point to either not get it at all and hope for re-issue or vice versa....

Very happy to be aquiring some new valks into my collection after the long break.

The YF-29 was created for the sole purpose of selling some more toys with the release of the latest movie.

Pretty much this. When I watched the movie, I was like, "Really? That was it? Some valk dancing?"

About the 29.....I have a hard time spending the increaed price with the thought there MIGHT be a rerelease and that MIGHT include some fixes.

I guess I'll have to make a decision at some point to either not get it at all and hope for re-issue or vice versa....

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think Bandai will reissue the 29 as a bundle, now that the super packs are out. It makes sense.

^Well, it kind of actually is a little silly in that they had ample amounts of other valks they could milk, and most likely sell just as well as the YF-29 (like the VF-171, which was associated with TWO main characters, and had a cannon fodder version as well).

The only reason I see Bandai decided on the -29 (although as others have pointed out, makes no real sense in that it's an advanced model of a prototype fighter that hasn't even gone into production yet (the -25 and -27)) is that they could use the retooling for their v.2 VF-25's as well.

Meh, Bandai milking the audience..what's new?

[...] The only reason I see Bandai decided on the -29 (although as others have pointed out, makes no real sense in that it's an advanced model of a prototype fighter that hasn't even gone into production yet (the -25 and -27)) is that they could use the retooling for their v.2 VF-25's as well. [...]

I agree. That and -of course- make some extra money along the way, why not?

^Well, it kind of actually is a little silly in that they had ample amounts of other valks they could milk, and most likely sell just as well as the YF-29 (like the VF-171, which was associated with TWO main characters, and had a cannon fodder version as well).

They already did the TV series ones with toys that didn't light the world on fire. They needed something fresh and head turning. So they had my lord Kawamori whip up a similar idea based on the Tornado pack and VF-19. The VF-171s were just cannon fodder without a lot of buzz made for them. If the first or second movie had the part where Alto joined NUNS like in the show I could see them doing a VF-171. However, the first movie brought in the Tornado Pack that eventually lead to the YF-29.

It's just good film making ( 'w') b

The only reason I see Bandai decided on the -29 (although as others have pointed out, makes no real sense in that it's an advanced model of a prototype fighter that hasn't even gone into production yet (the -25 and -27)) is that they could use the retooling for their v.2 VF-25's as well.

Both the VF-25 and VF-27 had gone into production in small amounts within their respective fleets. The Quarter had at least a squadron of VF-25s and the Galaxy fleet kept using them as backups for Brera Yamato. It's not terribly different than past characters getting things like Strike Packs or Shin getting a VF-0D just to end up trashing it.

This was my problem with the 29 as well. I wanted other stuff more, and I didn't care for the valk in the movie. Yeah, it was cool when it ejected the super parts and then fired the missles, but that was about it.

I really didn't think the movie was all that great. No regrets on selling it, except maybe I should have waited an extra couple months to sell it for more money. :p

I loved the movie. It was full of epic, but like I said, just didn't have the connection with it. It's also a little too flashy for my taste, but I do agree, it is a great looking valk.

I've not even seen the movie yet, but I youtubed the part of the movie where the 29 comes out with all it's glory :)

I hear you though on prioritizing the things you want. If it wasn't for the 10+ year break I took buying Valks, I'd probably not be after this Toy. But I'm back in it, and it's refreshing and fun...it's NOT work related (the best part) !!!! :)

You will get FAR more use out of that PRS! I play guitar everyday....My Valks are just tucked in the Closet for now....although....I look at them everyday and smile, lol

I could be wrong, but I sorta view the 29 like the Elintseeker...that had even LESS Screen time, yet that was my #1 Fav Valk. I used to have 2 mint bandai versions of it. I got smart however and sold my vintage duplicates. I thought about hoarding them all then throwing them all in the air and rolling around with them...but that would have damaged the boxes....so I kept 1 complete set and moved the rest.

Get your guitar dude :)

Would love to see it when you have it!

Very happy to be aquiring some new valks into my collection after the long break.

2/1/12, I'm ordering the guitar. I'll probably take a bunch of pics of it when it's in.

A 171 is going to be made some day and I'm gonna buy it. That's my bold prediction. If Yamato is doing the VF-4 anything is possible... even probable at this point.

That's one of my grail pieces. 171 is gonna happen this year I think, and I'm gonna buy at least two, if not three of them, depending on how it turns out. Regardless, I WILL own it. While I'd like to get Michel and Luca's valks, I wouldn't mind at all if they announced the 171 before those two.

A 171 is going to be made some day and I'm gonna buy it. That's my bold prediction. If Yamato is doing the VF-4 anything is possible... even probable at this point.

i hope you are right. and i hope it happens both sooner (bandai get on this!!!) and later (yamato releases an even better more accurate version 5 years or so down the line). i don't know why i like the 171 and color schemes so much. i just do.

I'd also love a VF-171, VF-171EX and RVF-171, but I just don't feel they are gonna happen.

Although Bandai has been making better Macross products recently, they just don't seem to be into the whole 'pleasing fans with every existing model and paint variant' like Yamato does.

To be honest, it just boggles my mind that Bandai have not re-released the YF-29 or released paint variations of the YF-29 like Ozma's from the PS3 game, given the popularity of the toy and the fact that the first run sold out so quickly. If not to please fans, but just to amortize the cost of the tooling, which must have been very expensive.

Graham

To be honest, it just boggles my mind that Bandai have not re-released the YF-29 or released paint variations of the YF-29 like's Ozma's from the PS3 game, given the popularity of the toy and the fact that the first run sold out so quickly. If not to please fans, but just to amortize the cost of the tooling, which must have been very expensive.

Graham

No kidding. That's easy, easy money. Easy. Maybe Bandai hates money. It's the only reason for why there is no reissue of the 29.

Although Bandai has been making better Macross products recently, they just don't seem to be into the whole 'pleasing fans with every existing model and paint variant' like Yamato does.

To be honest, it just boggles my mind that Bandai have not re-released the YF-29 or released paint variations of the YF-29 like Ozma's from the PS3 game, given the popularity of the toy and the fact that the first run sold out so quickly. If not to please fans, but just to amortize the cost of the tooling, which must have been very expensive.

Graham

Bandai does please the fans but just not to us Macross fans. If you look at their Saint Seiya Cloth Myth line, how many versions, or variations have they made? Seiya cloth version 1,2,3, God Cloth, Broken Cloth, Original Colour version, Limited Tamashi version, EX versions, etc etc etc Bandai's choice in milking molds really boggles my mind too. Bandai is like McDonalds - They sell so many burgers and fries it won't matter if you cry and boycott them. Yamato is like a family restaurant - They depend on quality and building regulars to come back for more. Personally I feel more confident for a VF-171 then another re-release of a YF-29. The Bandai's been there, done that mentality is making a re-release unlikely as time keeps passing on however a renewal may be possible.

Yamato is like a family restaurant - They depend on quality and building regulars to come back for more.

Yamato is indeed a family restaurant. One where you find a thumbnail in your soup but it doesn't matter because the bowl is cracked and the spoon disintegrates as soon as it touches hot liquid.

No kidding. That's easy, easy money. Easy. Maybe Bandai hates money. It's the only reason for why there is no reissue of the 29.

Bandai doesn't hate money, they just hate Macross.

Yamato is indeed a family restaurant. One where you find a thumbnail in your soup but it doesn't matter because the bowl is cracked and the spoon disintegrates as soon as it touches hot liquid.

Epic :lol:

Graham

It really is puzzling isn't it.

I would buy a VF-171 in a heartbeat as I much prefer the sleeker lines of the 171 over the chunky 17.

Chris

Edited by Dobber