Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Nice find!

Battroid looks pretty good. Not thrilled that the wings just hang off there. oh well, that's the design, I guess. Price is a more than a little steep for a design I'm not fond of though.

Edited by eugimon

Nice wide stance. The chest and neck look to be improved

Over the vf-27. Dunno what I'm exactly looking at as far as back goes.

Agreed that the price is too high but maybe they decided that

Because its not a mold they could really milk? I dunno, I shifted

From "immediate buy" to "wait and see".

I like the design, the big thing though is to see if they did anything to make the landing gears better and more realistic. I agree, for 17000 plus yen, they need to include a bunch, isn't the VF-25G with tornado pack only 16000yen? It would be nice to include a stand also with the toy along with the fast packs that we have seen in the scan of GERWALK mode from one of the magazines.

Twich

Yep, I don't see any reason this couldn't be the start of a VF-25 v.2. Legs look pretty much identical, except now they have twisty knees (yaaayyyy), arms look the same, etc... I just hope they learned from all the structural issues the first DX had, and linked together the two halves of the backpack hinge somehow. And I would like to know if some of those fast-pack looking pieces are just add-on packs, or actual permanent additions

I may have to get one just to see how quality has improved. Even while the design looks slightly ridiculous with the extra engines, I think the overall aesthetic is just much more pleasing than the first DX VF-25 due to the nose shape. Heck, I might buy one just to kitbash a better VF-25 using the new legs and nose section. Hard to tell for sure, but it looks like the backs of the legs are still the same as the VF-25's, and they're just overlapped by the new pod structures near the tails.

Edited by Chronocidal

I likely won't be buying this one...but if there are indeed improvements incorporated, I will be hoping for a V2 of the VF-25 DX. I love the GERWALK mode in the show of that valk and am perpetually disappointed in the poor execution of it in the DX toy.

I kind of like it, I kind of don't. Really though, at that price, I would def. rather buy a vf-27, which is much more aesthetically pleasing to me. The new design changes and stuff are great and all, but to me, it just seems like a DX vf-25 with inverted wings and some boosters.

On a side note though, more story related than anything else, isn't this the 3rd valkyrie with the same basic transformation layout. The vf - 25, the vf - 27, and now the yf - 29??!! Isn't this kinda getting ridiculous?

In that regard then it's the fourth. YF-24, VF-25, VF-27, YF-29. I don't consider it ridiculous since they're all firmly related to each other within the story. Somebody made an experimental YF-24, two groups then designed vehicles based on that prototype (the 25 and 27) and then another prototype was made based on what was learned from the two production vehicles.

Ta Da!

post-467-129848883311_thumb.jpg

May I ask if this is the DX or the model kit?

I would be thrilled if the DX becomes slim like this.

Edit: the crouch position doesn't look like the model kit. Of VF-25 at least. I've never made a VF-27, so I'm not sure.

Edited by ff95gj

May I ask if this is the DX or the model kit?

I would be thrilled if the DX becomes slim like this.

Edit: the crouch position doesn't look like the model kit. Of VF-25 at least. I've never made a VF-27, so I'm not sure.

that is the DX.

The model kit doesn't transform. (1/100, fighter only, 1200 yen, ranka/sheryl decal version costs a tad bit more)

definitely going for it if they make a cheaper alternation for the Battroid. and yes, that excludes the model..for now(?)

When you guys say the VF-25 and YF-29 share the same legs, you mean the DX toy or the "actual" Valk in-story? I am quite sure Bandai cannot have used the same crap legs of the DX VF-25 to achieve that gerwalk mode. But, as David points out) it sure does look like Kawamori (or whoever should be blamed for this design) tried to hide the DX leg to backplate fit issue with more stuff (AKA "nacelles") into the "actual" Valk, instead of getting things tighter on the DX. In theory it's achievable, as shown in the 1/72 kit (but you need to add tabs or glue it perpetually to make it stay because of non-ratcheted joints).

I really wish the new toy could be stripped off all those extra stuff and reverted into a VF-25. Something tells me the wings are going to be a problem :p

Edited by regult

I missed it this morning; so in case somebody else misses it as I did... I think it worths mentioning:

The question mark is not for the YF-29, it's about the shade behind the YF-29, some kind of FAST pack. So the picture theme is about a mysterious FAST pack to be used by the YF-29, yet to be announced.

P.S. I thought the question mark is for the blurry YF-29 battroid mode.

That's a lot of gerwalk-mode kibble. Its like they didn't even try to thing of a way to collapse the wing/tail section in Gerwalk. At least on the YF-21/VF-22S the rear section slides forward. The VF-1 the tail section folds and flips over. The VF-25 was bad in this department, the 29...now Kawamori is just getting lazy. This is transformers-esque.

That's a lot of gerwalk-mode kibble. Its like they didn't even try to thing of a way to collapse the wing/tail section in Gerwalk. At least on the YF-21/VF-22S the rear section slides forward. The VF-1 the tail section folds and flips over. The VF-25 was bad in this department, the 29...now Kawamori is just getting lazy. This is transformers-esque.

I don't know if I'd call it Transformers-esque but I can say that after seeing this toy in Gerwalk I'm not interested in it anymore. Though to be fair all of the Mac F Valks have a bit of the big-ass syndrome, this is pretty ridiculous looking though.