Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

they stay up just fine. It's that you have to put them in the fast pack bend and they need the wing glove to come down to lock the lower leg in place. So until you do that, the only thing holding up the leg is the tab on the intake and it's really not strong enough to hold it up.

Graham is just spoiled by the vf-19.

Well, since they're designed to be lowered one notch in fighter mode, the legs don't lock in as tightly as the VF-25. I've never understood that particular feature of the thing.

I might have to pick one up once this re-release happens though, the design has grown on me a bit. Though I'll be heavily tempted to paint it a nice flat gull gray color. That paint makes the thing look a bit like a chameleon caught in a pimp's wardrobe. :lol:

Edited by Chronocidal

they stay up just fine. It's that you have to put them in the fast pack bend and they need the wing glove to come down to lock the lower leg in place. So until you do that, the only thing holding up the leg is the tab on the intake and it's really not strong enough to hold it up.

Graham is just spoiled by the vf-19.

Wait so that's only if you want the FAST packs on, with them off, there's nothing to worry about? I'm not planning to buy the armor.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Even without the Super packs, I find the lower legs don't really lock into place very securely in fighter mode. The tabs on the wing-gloves are just not large enough to lock into the slots in the lower legs securely.

On the display stand, it's fine, but if you want to hold it or zoom it around I find the wing glove tabs constantly work themself out of the lsots on the lower legs.

Graham

Yeah, it's the first i've heard of this problem. How did the Vf-25 renewal improve upon it? I thought the yf-29 was pretty solid when it came to fighter mode..

it's just easier to keep everything in place when the legs are straight instead of slightly bent. It doesn't seem like it would be a big deal but the 29 is just a little more finicky.

Wait so that's only if you want the FAST packs on, with them off, there's nothing to worry about? I'm not planning to buy the armor.

The fast packs on the 29 don't affect the legs at all but the 25's legs are easier to secure. I think part of the problem is that the lower half of the legs are supposed to be up against those panels on the back plate but when the legs are bent the panels aren't really big enough to offer any support. So if you squeeze the legs in fighter mode, then they push in slightly but enough that things fall out of place.

Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done to fix this other than extending the panels and having the legs tab into them. The 25 is significantly different in this area. The legs sit up much higher, occupying the space that the beam turret takes up on the 29 and the wing glove attachment is different as well. So not only is it easier to transform but once transformed everything holds together much better as well

Question why is it and one other thing separated from the othe releases? There is some script above it, what does it say?

Chris

The 2012-05 product list? The top list are new products, the botton list after the red text are re-issues.

Edited by CF18

Already sold out at Amiami?

That amiami one sold out in 10 minutes......... :angry: they better re-open it up.

I saw this at around 11:06 pm my time, by the time I posted it here and checked the link to see if it worked, it was sold out.

Refreshed Hobby Search a few times and the YF-29 went from "long sold out" to "reservation closed." Was never opened for preorders. I think Amiami pulled the same shenanigans with the Figuarts Sheryl. Posted it and immediately set it to "sold out" then opened it up later.

Just sit tight and wait for it to reopen I guess.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10141228

I might have to pick one up once this re-release happens though, the design has grown on me a bit. Though I'll be heavily tempted to paint it a nice flat gull gray color. That paint makes the thing look a bit like a chameleon caught in a pimp's wardrobe. :lol:

You're right, after flipping through the 25 Master File book last night the design is pretty cool looking when it's in some real military-style colors. I'm not sure these things are easily painted with their glossy finishes though, are they?

I had a thought, if this thing has been popular enough to warrant a second run. After seeing how popular it was the first time what are the odds Bandai might try to pop out an Ozma variant as well to milk an already popular mold?

I had a thought, if this thing has been popular enough to warrant a second run. After seeing how popular it was the first time what are the odds Bandai might try to pop out an Ozma variant as well to milk an already popular mold?

If this was Hasbro, they'd have a billion of these different variants out already. It's the obvious thing to do. But who knows what Bandai is thinking at this point?

Well it's my first order with A-E. I hope they can actually get them. The situation in Hong Kong is quite a frenzy.

If this was Hasbro, they'd have a billion of these different variants out already. It's the obvious thing to do. But who knows what Bandai is thinking at this point?

Most of those Hasbro stuff are also MSRP at less than $20 and probably cost them $4 each to bulk make and ship, and they can market them to the whole planet. These high-end $200+ "thing" are completed models that adult fans would buy, not some toy that a parent would buy for their kids. They would loss money if they made 2000 units from the factory but all the shops in Asia could only sell 400. Which is why we are not seeing the Yamato Phalanx and more stuff are going the direct web order route. Bandai didn't made enough YF-29 in the first batch probably because the movie wasn't doing well, and it was the first of the DX-v2 from a different designer so most people waited for the reviews after the disappointments with DXv1.

I expect any more YF-29 and VF-25 DXv2 re-color will be web limited.

Edited by CF18

Yeah for sure. But the high cost of building these things and the amount that goes into R&D, it warrants repaints and more quantity, the way Yamato seems to do things. However, I guess Bandai is a bit gunshy and was only waiting to see what the actual demand was and to see how the 25 renewals sold. I think this has been a success, so we'll probably see more reissues later down the line; if only in small quantities. On the one hand you want to recoup costs and make money to grow the business; on the other, you don't want too much of your product shelfwarming, then being deeply discounted, which is what typically ends up with Hasbro and even some Yamato toys.

Edited by pud333

I put in a preorder at Anime Export. Never used them before, and I'm a bit wary of any place that requires payment up front like that. I hope I don't get screwed and they come back telling me they don't have enough units to fill all the orders (I delayed in putting in my order).