Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

plz continue with your vapid lives

i will wait patiently and observe with contempt until i get another jet with arms

MOD WARNING - How about we (and by we, I mean YOU) tone down the condescending comments. You're as big a nerd as the rest of us. - MOD WARNING

Yeah, I actually ordered one from there.

Then within the next few hours, the hlj pre-order opened.

I was kicking myself until I decided that in order to not feel *too* ripped off, I had to get one from hlj as well. lol

Well, now I can keep one in the box and unbox the other without feeling too guilty! :p (Yeah, I'm one of those admire my toys in boxes people..)

Has anyone done business with Otacute dot com before? They still have the preorder for YF-29 for $193.50 + Shipping.

I've attempted to order from them several times before but their stock has always gone from available, to backorder to not available. So you can give it a shot and see if they actually have any. They didn't try to keep money for an item I never received so you should at least be safe there.

The other thing to note is that they seem to have a lot of things listed as "pre-order" that have long since been released. VF-17S, VF-19S VF-22 Max and Milia the SDF-1. I know there was supposed to be a re-release of the VF-17S in a few months but none of those others are. Possibly the 19S, maybe even the SDF-1 for the 30th anniversary but definitely not the 22's... unless Yamato is hoping the release of Mac7 on blue ray is going to renew interest in them.

Edited by Mommar

I had just place a preorder for the YF-29 reissue, I was supprised that they did not ask for any advance payment. I hope the order will get through, even though I did receive a confirmation email from them.

Since they didn't take payment up front, it's not a big deal. Once you do pay, you can always make a paypal claim if they don't give you the goods within the set 45 days or whatever.

More preorders are available at eToysJapan for $240. Preorder instructions state that you only need to pay 1/3 upfront but when i went through the order process i got charged the full amount. There didn't seem to be a way to modify how much you want to pay. Just a heads up for anyone considering this option.

• 2 weeks later...

So, out of curiosity, has hlj put this up and it's already taken down, or have they not put anything up yet on the re-release?

According to people on this thread, it was up Feb 7th for a few minutes then almost immediately went to order stop. Amiami had theirs up on Feb 1 and it only lasted for a few minutes also. Someone else at another forum who makes orders all the time through their distributor, just got told the 29 preorder has already been cut and stopped. Usually he could order all the way to the last day of the preorder, but it got closed early on him. Also, considering BBTS had their VF-25S order only 15% fulfilled by Bandai, chances are this 29 run seems VERY limited.

I ended up preordering from two different places in the hopes that I'll get just one. I'm not in the habit of buying multiples just so I can ebay off the extra, but that's exactly what's going to happen if I end up getting both orders fulfilled.

Bandai deserves all the credit! :mellow:

I've attempted to order from them several times before but their stock has always gone from available, to backorder to not available. So you can give it a shot and see if they actually have any. They didn't try to keep money for an item I never received so you should at least be safe there. The other thing to note is that they seem to have a lot of things listed as "pre-order" that have long since been released. VF-17S, VF-19S VF-22 Max and Milia the SDF-1. I know there was supposed to be a re-release of the VF-17S in a few months but none of those others are. Possibly the 19S, maybe even the SDF-1 for the 30th anniversary but definitely not the 22's... unless Yamato is hoping the release of Mac7 on blue ray is going to renew interest in them.

Does the fact that they still have the YF-29 for pre-order, when most other sites are sold out despite being more expensive, mean it's likely they won't be able to fulfill their orders?

I hope Bandai doesn't shank us with this kind of limited release service with the VF-171EX or future VF-25 releases :angry:

Bandai should know the demand is there, so why don't they just quench it...

Because they prefer to kick puppies. There is no other plausible explanation for why they don't like money. :o

I actually don't blame Bandai. I have one VF-29, and would love another, but I think it can be really hard to know how many to produce of an item. Produce too many, and you have a warehouse full of stock. It gets discounted, and MacrossWorld rejoices, but that means the company is taking a bath on it. Produce too few, and fans get pissed, and you are leaving money on the table. Add to that the complications in starting a production run where you have to make so many 100s/1000s of a unit for it to even be profitable to start up the machine, and that creates a really difficult equation to solve, especially with the complexity of these toys.

I actually don't blame Bandai. I have one VF-29, and would love another, but I think it can be really hard to know how many to produce of an item. Produce too many, and you have a warehouse full of stock. It gets discounted, and MacrossWorld rejoices, but that means the company is taking a bath on it. Produce too few, and fans get pissed, and you are leaving money on the table. Add to that the complications in starting a production run where you have to make so many 100s/1000s of a unit for it to even be profitable to start up the machine, and that creates a really difficult equation to solve, especially with the complexity of these toys.

WOW! Somebody actually got it right! :o

The DX Quarter and Monster were massively discounted before selling out.

The whole "I'll just wait for it to go on discount before buying it" mentality can't be applied if distributors don't/can't order overstock.

I do blame them. Having reasons, good or bad, does not absolve Bandai of their responsibility in creating the current climate of shortages and scalping.

By that same token, scalpers and those willing and able to pay such high prices and enabling said scalpers are also culpable. As are those who will only buy when there's a clearance sale. Such things don't encourage companies to produce more if it's just going to warm a shelf.

So yeah, Bandai is still being pretty tightassed with their Macross releases. :p

The recession has hit everyone. Consumers are buying less, and companies as a result are producing less. That said, Bandai is being especially skimpy with their Macross production. I think there's room to produce a bit more without resulting in mass quantities shelf warming. You take a company like Hasbro that overproduces, and then a company like Bandai which under produces. I think there is a fair middle ground that could be found.

I know I have curbed my spending habits. I have dropped many other toy lines in anticipation of all the money I'll have to spend in order to go full hog on Macross this year. That said, I'm still being choosey. I bought the 19 Kai and 17S up front, but I just picked up a 19 Blazer at a huge discount, and will only be buying the 17D at a discount. Why? I just don't have the money to buy up front everything Bandai and Yamato release. I also figure I support the lines well enough by buying the 17S and Kai. The Blazer and 17D, while I want them, are not necessary, and if I couldn't find them at a discount, I wasn't going to buy anyway. It is what it is. We all have to watch our money.

Edited by pud333