Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Yeah, IMO it looks better with than without them in fighter mode...

Not sure about the battroid mode though...

Yeah, I agree. I'm a little unsure about it in battroid. The fact that it looks like the wings don't collapse in, may make it look a bit back heavy. If I keep mine, I'll display it forever in fighter, but that's away off.

Your order number #### at Tokyo Hunter has been updated.

Order status: Processing

Order comment:

Your order is now packed and ready for shipping. EMS shipping fee is 1,860 yen = which is about 25 bucks for me. Please send payment to paypal@tokyo-hunter.com. Thanks!

Same here actually - great news. I'm sure it will get here WAY BEFORE Christmas - perhaps by next week - after it is EMS in my case. Damn, I'm excited.

I have had my 29 on display for about 4 months in battroid. Nothing special just a typical "A" stance, knees slighlty bent. I decided to change the pose and was amazed at how the leg/hip joins have loosened up. The legs basically keep slowly spreading apart until the intakes prevent them from going any further.

Just a little surprised, i'm not new at this hobby and I have read just about every post about Bandai and Yamato having their QC issues. Still when you get an awesome valk that you love - transform it and leave it "untouched" for months only to discover that it no longer holds a pose - man that really sucks.

Looks like its back to fighter mode....bring on the VF-19S!!

I have had my 29 on display for about 4 months in battroid. Nothing special just a typical "A" stance, knees slighlty bent. I decided to change the pose and was amazed at how the leg/hip joins have loosened up. The legs basically keep slowly spreading apart until the intakes prevent them from going any further.

Just a little surprised, i'm not new at this hobby and I have read just about every post about Bandai and Yamato having their QC issues. Still when you get an awesome valk that you love - transform it and leave it "untouched" for months only to discover that it no longer holds a pose - man that really sucks.

Looks like its back to fighter mode....bring on the VF-19S!!

try using nail polish :p

i'm wonder.. if bandai made the vf 19 like in the show.. will it be as good as the yamato? i know a lot of you will say nyeh.. :p

word of advice, bandai uses cheap, brittle screws. I've had the heads sheer right off while I was trying to get inside to apply nail polish. Be careful

Thanks, I will give it a try. I was prepared to leave it in fighter but I will try the nail polish.

Edited by typhoon

Got my YF-29 FAST Packs yesterday.

They attach very securely in fighter mode. I haven't tried them in other modes and probably won't, as my YF-29 stays in fighter mode permanantly these days, given how much of a pain in the ass it is to transform.

There's a high level of detail on the packs and nice fine panel lines. I'm happy that Bandai painted the space between the red micro-missiles black this time, unlike on the Tornado Pack space parts.

The only minor issue is with the shield armour. While it clips onto the shield securely, it tends to want to push the shield away from the body of the fighter, so that you often get an about 2mm gap between the shield and the rear of the fighter and from time to time need to push the shield back into position.

I haven't extended the anti-Vajra harpoons or auxiliary propellars or whatever they are in my attached pictures, as I think they look stupid.

Graham

post-11-0-12900100-1322790143_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-95420700-1322790146_thumb.jpg

Got my YF-29 FAST Packs yesterday.

They attach very securely in fighter mode. I haven't tried them in other modes and probably won't, as my YF-29 stays in fighter mode permanantly these days, given how much of a pain in the ass it is to transform.

There's a high level of detail on the packs and nice fine panel lines. I'm happy that Bandai painted the space between the red micro-missiles black this time, unlike on the Tornado Pack space parts.

The only minor issue is with the shield armour. While it clips onto the shield securely, it tends to want to push the shield away from the body of the fighter, so that you often get an about 2mm gap between the shield and the rear of the fighter and from time to time need to push the shield back into position.

I haven't extended the anti-Vajra harpoons or auxiliary propellars or whatever they are in my attached pictures, as I think they look stupid.

Graham

i think those harpoon are quartz fold emitter that boost the fold signal from rangka that perform like current modern day jetfighter electronic counter meassure .. but..then again i could be wrong :p

I don't know, I personally thought this thing was ugly from the get go, plus it was exclusive, exclusive, exclusive.

Just join a group buy next time. Minimal effort, two payments and the item shows up at your front door (6 month later). XD

Just join a group buy next time. Minimal effort, two payments and the item shows up at your front door (6 month later). XD

You know I always see the group buys but I never get in on them, when the RVF-25 comes out I'll be buying all the exclusives for it.

i think those harpoon are quartz fold emitter that boost the fold signal from rangka that perform like current modern day jetfighter electronic counter meassure .. but..then again i could be wrong :p

Nah, really, they are back-up, pop-out propellers, in case the six (count em' 6!) existing engines on this thing all fail simultaneously........LOL!

There's nothing like taking multiple systems redundency to a whole new level :p

Graham

Just got it - initial impressions - very small package (a surprise for Bandai) - Pieces fit in like a wonder, can't wait to start panel inking!

THE BAD: As I feared, this thing can't hold too many poses without the aid of any kind support once ALL the back parts have been installed, the figure can be posed but very limited choices as the back pieces simply make it flop either down or foward - it stands evenly but very in a very PRECARIOUS manner (and I know any one here can't simply afford a half-a-grand-valkyrie as seen in some ebay listings lately)

I will post pics later. Gotta go Paintballing.

But so far the super parts give it a very intimidating look, and once again hats off to tokyo hunters for delivering in pretty much record time!! Stay tuned for pics in the pose thread.