Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Ok, wow, it´s been a while since I wrote something lol.

Ok, I was waiting before saying anything, cause honestly thought this was Vf-19 and Vf-25´s incestuose child, and as thus it was retarded and ugly, but looking at the paint scheme and the new gun pod, I think is not that bad, is actually kinda sexydinamic lol, I still hate those di/$ in the middle of the wings thoug <_<

I think it looks a little better now that we see it in color. I'm curious to see what the face looks like, the rest of the battroid is pretty easy to imagine. Pretty nice paint scheme - definitely looks like a test plane. Who knows, maybe this will be in movie 2 like the YF-25 was in movie 1! If this sells, I bet they'll milk the most to make the VF-25 v2.

I'll agree with others that I'd rather see them design a VF-171 DX.

a wild guess... but looking at the color-coded pic, i'm guessing the blue part of the wing will retract into the wing glove to keep the boosters upright and the light green wing tip will fold somewhere and out of the way... :unsure::p

2011 is looking like it's gonna be the year of the forward-swept winged VF toys... :)

If it's as simple as that those nacelles are going to hang down near the legs making for a really odd battroid.

I like it. Actually I like fighter mode better than the 25 and 27. Not sure why it's being ridiculed for being a slight variant of the 25, I thought slight variations were part of what Macross mechs were all about. The VF-1 got all kinds of different heads, this one is getting different wings. Big deal. Looks cool to me.

I like it. Actually I like fighter mode better than the 25 and 27. Not sure why it's being ridiculed for being a slight variant of the 25, I thought slight variations were part of what Macross mechs were all about. The VF-1 got all kinds of different heads, this one is getting different wings. Big deal. Looks cool to me.

I think if they did just call it a vf-25x then reaction wouldn't be as bad.

I can see that point - I suppose "29" suggests an entirely new craft rather than just a new set of wings (and likely a head). Regardless of the name, I'm still waiting to see battroid before I throw my full support behind it.

Ok now that I have seen the paint I kinda like it. Is that pink or just a light red (please let it not be pink!)?

Valkyrie without a black/grey gun pod though......oh well white is not as bad as purple! Hopefully it folds open like the VF-25 to reveal some nice black inner details.

I think if they did just call it a vf-25x then reaction wouldn't be as bad.

I was thinking the same thing, but I think frim a marketing stand point people would be less apt to buy a variant than a whole new model per se. I'd love to see other schemes though.

I can't speak for others, but my gripe is purely based on aesthetics. They can call it whatever they'd like, it's just not easy on the eyes, or rather MY eyes.

Regarding the DX version I really would not be surprised if the production toy is not entirely different (meaning usage of the same already manufactured parts) from the already produced 25 and 27 vs. a from the ground up re-design people seem to be hoping for.

-b.

Slightly off topic, but I really like how the majority of the posters in the DX topic for the YF-29 really are liking the aesthetics and design of the fighter, while the majority of the posters in the model kit forum for the YF-29 are expressing clear disapproval for the design :lol:

I'm hoping this will be a complete, or near to, redesign. The line-art, cad image or what ever it waqs that was posted, with all the different sections colored differently, looked promising to me. Didn't look like the craptastic DX 25 at all. Engine/legs looked good and the nose cone wasn't upside down like the dx 25 had...seriously look at the image upside down and you get the exact ugly "witch" nose that the DX has! So far I'm hopeful. Maybe my computer screen is just shown the colors differently...I'm on a netbook atm....but the color didn't look pink to me, it looks more orange....am I completely off?

Chris

HI all,

Loving this Valk!! Personally, I love the throw back to an earlier era, mixed with the future... Though it isn't too late, I hope, to move the wings a little more forward.......

Bandai makes a 1/72 kit, she's mine! Heck, if a 1/60 DX looks good enuff then she will be mine! As of now, I won't buy any of the DX toys, IMO the 1/72 kits have better perportions (?).....

nope, this is:

post-4286-129301185772_thumb.jpg

like I said earlier, sexy deco.

Thanks!

I don't know if I like it or not. It looks like a side story custom instead of a hero valk. It reminds me of the red Zeta Plus. :huh:

I'll get the DX anyhow. (see how certain people are simply cursed to get the only Macross toy on the market, not that they actually like the product?) I wonder if the YF-29 would get a super mode or what in the final battle. :ph34r:

The design doesn't speak out to me. in fact when i first saw it, i didn't even realise it was for Macross Frontier. I was thinking it was for another show. This design just doesn't thrill me much. the YF-21 design is still the best in my book.

Well i'm hoping they release it as 1/100 VF-HiMetal and 1/60 DX (which i think a new articles says yes to) so that it would at least be in scale with the others. Of course i hope they stop releasing those VF-1x in VF-HiMetal, it's getting super boring. Just bring out the YF-21 already. =)

More piccies from different angles is good, as a bunch of the alternative views are way cool. Though the initial 3/4 overhead shot still doesn't look cool.

If anything, it's consistent with in-universe design progression (VF-27 > VF-25 Tornado Pack > YF-29), but IMHO, I don't like the direction it's heading in-general.

I agree that a VF-171 kit would be cool, but for cost-profit reasons, I can understand why a model/toy that recycles of a decent chunk of the VF-25/27 parts is being made. Also, the question is begging to be asked: will the VF-171 sell as well?

If any of the main characters piloted it more... especially Alto or Ozma, then it will sell.

Sales of valks are tied to the popularity of the pilot and also, how much the valk is identified with the pilot.

hah... same thing for just about every other mecha anime.

I agree...why so soon?

I see absolutely no reason for this to exist, at least at this point in the timeline. The 25 and 27 are BRAND fartING NEW and there's already a replacement in development?

I agree...why so soon?

That's true. There are still potentials to be tapped from the VF-25. New design of extra armors (just like the DYRL Super Strike Parts over the TV Super Parts), a new color scheme (just like the DYRL VF-1S...) or even a new head for a VF-25Y. I think it's a pity to obsolete the VF-25 so soon.

That's true. There are still potentials to be tapped from the VF-25. New design of extra armors (just like the DYRL Super Strike Parts over the TV Super Parts), a new color scheme (just like the DYRL VF-1S...) or even a new head for a VF-25Y. I think it's a pity to obsolete the VF-25 so soon.

If that means Bandai will let go of their exclusive hold on the VF-25 sooner (in one way or another), then I'm all for it. :lol:

More piccies from different angles is good, as a bunch of the alternative views are way cool. Though the initial 3/4 overhead shot still doesn't look cool.

If anything, it's consistent with in-universe design progression (VF-27 > VF-25 Tornado Pack > YF-29), but IMHO, I don't like the direction it's heading in-general.

I agree that a VF-171 kit would be cool, but for cost-profit reasons, I can understand why a model/toy that recycles of a decent chunk of the VF-25/27 parts is being made. Also, the question is begging to be asked: will the VF-171 sell as well?

Looking at the design, it doesn't look like much of the old DX 25 molds can be used here. Much as the VF-19 is similar to the YF-19 but nearly every piece is different (aside from the A variant).

Frankly I'm a little surprised, but glad, that the VF-27 came out. It pretty much required an entirely new mold still, has few variants, and mainly only used by a support character. Back when the VF-25 DXs first came out, I thought the chance of seeing a DX VF-171 was higher than seeing a VF-27 next. In comparison, the 171 is seen quite often throughout the series, is used by both the main character and a supporting character with respective custom colors, and has at least 4 different versions they could release (Alto's, Luca's, the other 171EX's in Alto's squad, and the regular blue 171's). They could make and sell super pack accessories for it as well. Not to mention the VF-171 just looks pretty awesome.

I really hope Bandai doesn't just end their Frontier effort with the release of the YF-29 and pass over the 171. That would be sorely disappointing.

If that means Bandai will let go of their exclusive hold on the VF-25 sooner (in one way or another), then I'm all for it. :lol:

Ditto.

If they don't want to improve it then let someone else take a shot at it.

But I really want to see the DX battroid mode first before I pass judgmen on this.

Cause we all know the model will be more accurate but the toy could have glaring flaws all throughout.

If looks solid then I'll buy in, but if it looks like a cheap eyecatcher then all best are off. . .

And I too would've rather seen the VF-171 in any form before this, its just not fair to the other designs to be sorta scrapped like this.

Edited by DARKWIND

Get rid of the wing boosters and it is an ok design, but come on another VF-25 based design, can we get something new? OF course not, the Bandai juggernaut just wants another easily reproduced product to sell for minimal redesign...