Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

kinda looks like a hodgepodge of parts from the 25 and 27 stuck together with a little sv-51 and yf-19 thrown in for sh!ts and giggles.

Hopefully it's different enough that bandai can't recycle the dx 25 again and is forced to do a new, non craptastic design this time around.

kinda looks like a hodgepodge of parts from the 25 and 27 stuck together with a little sv-51 and yf-19 thrown in for sh!ts and giggles.

Hopefully it's different enough that bandai can't recycle the dx 25 again and is forced to do a new, non craptastic design this time around.

^ Yep, what Eugimon said.

And as far as the design itself, do not want, hopefully this is just another random kit-bash. While I like the 25, 27 and 19 I'm not at all a fan of the SV-51 and this mixing pot of the (4) of them is not a good looking Valk.

-b.

So, I am a huge fan of the design of both the yf-19 and the vf-25. This mix (for me at least) is a pretty awesome turnout.

Now all that I REALLY hope for is that they can have their hobby division design the toy rather than the team that created the 25 DX.

Or hire the guys who design for yamato.... <_<

-Archer

(who is sincerely waiting for an awesome macross frontier toy)

I've gotta see the battroid first before I make a final call.

But it could be promising. . . :unsure:

Anybody got a link to it in action or is this film not out yet?

Edited by DARKWIND

Boy, they're REALLY doing the MiG "odd numbers only" thing now. VF-17, VF-19, YF-21, VF-25, VF-27, now YF-29? The 2-sec appearance of the YF-24, and the uber-limited-production VF-22 are the only "even" valks in the past decade+ and they're both just variations of an "important" odd-numbered valk.

Not liking this new YF-29 at all on first glance.

It really is as others have been saying, a mish-mash of the VF-25/VF-27/SV-51 and YF-19.

I think this is the first Valk fighter mode that I have taken an instant dislike to.

I definitely prefer the look of the new VF-19EF from Macross-R, over the YF-29.

It's interesting to note that Bandai are releasing it as a 1/100 (likely non-transforming) kit, rather than 1/72 like the rest of their Macross Frontier models.

I wonder if the YF-29 will make it into the upcoming Macross Triangle Frontier PSP game (unlikely, as I think it's already been mentioned that that game will only cover the first Frontier movie).

I guess we will see a toy at some stage, whether it is Hi-Metal or 1/60 DX, who knows.

Graham

Personally I have the feeling VF-25 is born from VF-19, and VF-27 from SV-51 (so if it looks like a VF-27, it automatically looks like a SV-51...). Although they manage to retain a new look for themselves.

I agree too that it seems to be a hash up of older valks. While it lacks novelty, it is easy to take in. I am speaking referring to the Tornado VF-25, which I do not like at first sight (and until today). :mellow:

On first impression... ick.

On second impression... still ick.

The battroid should look pretty similar to the VF-25, but the fighter looks like a bad photochop.

That's going to take me a long while to warm up to. Perhaps it wouldn't look so bad if thety got rid of those wing boosters that look like randomly tacked on objects.

And what's the deal with having a 29 already? The 25 hasn't even seen anything other a trial run with SMS much less actual full production for NUNS and someone goes and develops the 29. They've got upgrade-itis worse than your average iPhone/android user.

Personally I have the feeling VF-25 is born from VF-19, and VF-27 from SV-51 (so if it looks like a VF-27, it automatically looks like a SV-51...). Although they manage to retain a new look for themselves.

except for the VF-27 being nothing like the SV-51 save for a couple small details (sort of) and being purple.

honestly I kind of like what I'm seeing, although I question it being a hero valk. It looks quit villainous actually. like it's the slightly less awesome cannon fodder that backs up the VF-27

I quite like the look of it although its existence seems rather unnecessary. Its already a bit of a stretch that a school kid would have access to the latest VF-25 via his after school super PMC club but that same kid now having his own experimental next gen test fighter is getting a bit too silly.

I quite like the look of it although its existence seems rather unnecessary. Its already a bit of a stretch that a school kid would have access to the latest VF-25 via his after school super PMC club but that same kid now having his own experimental next gen test fighter is getting a bit too silly.

Let's just call it gundam: frontier and call it a day. Then everyone will talk about how brilliant it is.

Let's just call it gundam: frontier and call it a day. Then everyone will talk about how brilliant it is.

TBH it reminds me more of Power rangers. Old mecha become a bit run of the mill? Series need a bit of shot in the arm?

HERES THE NEW SUPER DUPER AWESOME MECHA TRON O BOT ZORD VERSION 2.0 YEAH !!!

TBH it reminds me more of Power rangers. Old mecha become a bit run of the mill? Series need a bit of shot in the arm?

HERES THE NEW SUPER DUPER AWESOME MECHA TRON O BOT ZORD VERSION 2.0 YEAH !!!

Yeah, I guess. But it is also the gundam formula.

Earnest and idealist kid stumbles upon secret prototype weapon just in time to save it from being destroyed. Not trusted at first he eventually proves to everyone that he's the best of the best! And his girlfriend has some sort of secret connection to the enemy! Prototype weapon gets destroyed only to be replaced by a new prototype based on the old prototype that is even more powerful which can be easily deduced by the fact that it has a bunch of stuff stuck to it.

Yeah, I guess. But it is also the gundam formula.

Earnest and idealist kid stumbles upon secret prototype weapon just in time to save it from being destroyed. Not trusted at first he eventually proves to everyone that he's the best of the best! And his girlfriend has some sort of secret connection to the enemy! Prototype weapon gets destroyed only to be replaced by a new prototype based on the old prototype that is even more powerful which can be easily deduced by the fact that it has a bunch of stuff stuck to it.

I don't recall any of that in the UC Gundam series. Must be a SEED or 00 thing.

Don't like the forward swept wings on the YF-29.

Hard to form much of an opinion on what has been shown so far, but I like what I see. I'd rather see something like a 17 or 171 (or any number of of other things) in the Hi Metal line, but really I'm just happy to see the line continue at all. Assuming this will be a Hi Metal...

Hey guys,

After scouring the internet I found a Battroid pic.

CYCLONUS.jpg

You're welcome.

LOL, seriously the YF-29 shape looked really familiar to me and i kept wondering what it was from. I was racking my brains thinking is it BSG or from a video game ..? BAM! there it is, Cyclonus.

VF-19EF fighter is a dead ringer for Cyclonus. So far I like what I see of the YF-29 in fighter. Still need to see it in all modes and in color before I pass final judgement.

No, no, no, it's definitely this. :p

I'm not liking it so far, but I'll explain in more detail after I sit down and go over the design in depth again.

Its not the worst thing I've ever seen before, but in the realm of Macross & Valkyries this lacks some serious imagination and effort. Wasn't a fan of the Tornado Fast Packs neither. I'll take my VF-4 or VF-0 any day before this new design! B))