Macross Triangle Frontier

azrael

Just went though a long load process, but still won't let me chose the second option.

I think the second option is the "long load process". I imagine the academy mode must be full of speech so the "voice data" is saved onto the memory stick for faster access. Therefore, once you've done it, it's done its job, and you don't have to choose that option anymore. It's not an alternate game mode or anything like that.

Also: apparently you can choose Exedore as an operator now! :lol::lol:

Just discovered that FAST Pack weapons can now be levelled up as well!

I swear the developes of this game, must have been reading the Macrossworld MUF thread, asso many of our wishes have been added to this game.

Played 5 missions of the M7 campaign so far, got S grade on 3 of them. No character stat increase so far.

Graham

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing as well.

Just to note, game play is pretty much the same as MUF, although the the way the missiles lock-on is visually a bit different, with the lock on triangles. Not sure if it means something.

Also, the colors for the range-to-enemy distance seem to be reversed. IIRC in MUF, close range was green, but in MTF, close range is pink.

Otherwise, all good.

Being able to have the atmospheric FPs for the VF-11C is great.

Graham

Being able to use the fast pack on the VF-11B should also be cool. Does it look like any of your tune points carried over? I have a bad feeling the only thing we got were extra nyan nyan points for the save again. That's the one thing I miss from the Gundam games. Until the last one, it carried over all of your tune points, but wouldn't let you tune past hte limiter until unlocking that feature.

Being able to use the fast pack on the VF-11B should also be cool. Does it look like any of your tune points carried over? I have a bad feeling the only thing we got were extra nyan nyan points for the save again. That's the one thing I miss from the Gundam games. Until the last one, it carried over all of your tune points, but wouldn't let you tune past hte limiter until unlocking that feature.

No, it doesn't look like the tune points carried over :(. Shame as I had all my mecha in MUF up to 99999 points.

Found out how to lock the 'Missile M' onto a single target instead of multiple targets as normal. Hold down the left shoulder button together with the 'O' missile buton.

Graham

No, it doesn't look like the tune points carried over sad.gif. Shame as I had all my mecha in MUF up to 99999 points.

Found out how to lock the 'Missile M' onto a single target instead of multiple targets as normal. Hold down the left shoulder button together with the 'O' missile buton.

Graham

Hmm, that means they disabled the SP missile burst, is it a fair trade?

Hmm, that means they disabled the SP missile burst, is it a fair trade?

They also disabled that "ram charge" action (L + triangle), but I haven't found anything they may have replaced it with yet, and I only took a very brief glimpse at the instructions.

I have to say, I'm finding this game incredibly easy. :unsure: I played all of the Macross II missions without breaking a sweat in around 20/30 minutes and have just started the False Songstress campaign. I'm wondering if the main target for this game is the date simulator folk, who want to try their hand at piloting a mecha for the first time.

The ram was disabled the melee sp attack in Battroid/Gerwalk? Or just in fighter. If it's fighter, that was actually disabled in MUF. The reason was so you could use triangle to cut the engines. If it's disabled in Battroid, then you should still be able to do it by holding triangle until you flash.

How short is the Macross II campaign? How many story characters are there from II. Are Nexx, Sylvie, Hibiki, Dennis, & Pixie Team present? (oh, and Feff too I guess).

Were the launch sequences improved?

Have they added the VF-11D? Can the VF-22S use Sound Boosters? Is Valgo the only new Protodevelin/

So many questions.

Edited by Keith

The ram was disabled the melee sp attack in Battroid/Gerwalk? Or just in fighter. If it's fighter, that was actually disabled in MUF. The reason was so you could use triangle to cut the engines. If it's disabled in Battroid, then you should still be able to do it by holding triangle until you flash.

How short is the Macross II campaign? How many story characters are there from II. Are Nexx, Sylvie, Hibiki, Dennis, & Pixie Team present? (oh, and Feff too I guess).

Have they added the VF-11D? Can the VF-22S use Sound Boosters? Is Valgo the only new Protodevelin/

So many questions.

When is your's comming Keith?

Didn't work in any mode, nor the holding-button thing.

Tiny. Just a handful of easy-peasy missions. You get extra ones after you complete it though. No Nexx, Dennis, Feff or anyone except Hibiki, Sylvie and Ishtar.

No.

Haven't done any M7 stuff yet, so I can't say, but who the hell cares about Zomd and Goram. :p

I probably won't have my until monday ish, earlier if I'm lucky. Interesting about teh charged melee going away. Is the charged boost gone too? Given that the charged SP attacks are leftovers from the Gundam Battle series, I can't say they're absolutely necssary in Macross. Maybe they figured that they wanted less flashing, and more raw skill involved.

Graham mentioned something about the target lock distance coloring being reversed. I think it was initially that way in Ace Frontier. I do wish they'd use era specific missile lock triangles though. it'd add another cool layer of detail to the series.

As for Zomd & Goram, who wouldn't want to shoot them. I mean seriously, that'd be the best mission ever! But we also need Gabigula, Gabil by himself out of a mecha, Sivil outside of a skill special, & Natter Valgo. And damnit, I want Kinryu as a pilot. I "hope" he, Sally, & Miho Miho made the cut.

Looks like there weren't quite as many mecha/mission additions as I hoped. There is enough here to justify the purchase though. I can't help thinking a looming PS3/NGP (or both) game may have something to do with it. Just picture it, a full blown NGP Macross game, that looks as awesome as the PS3 demo, and has all of the content of the PSP games. Instant buy.

Just watching the edition of the movie that came with the game, and I don't think this shot was in the original "Akihabara" scene:20110203184104_0.bmp :blink:

Instead of the Prophecy, I remember there being an Aquarion and some other robots there. Did they change this scene for the DVD, or is it just for this UMD edition?

Not sure about the DVD (need to watch it again), but on the Bluray rip I downloaded, it had the Prophecy.

Graham

I guess they must've changed it for the home releases, then. In the actual cinemas I distinctly remember it being an Aquarion and other valks and stuff. Heh.

My film strip is a headshot of alto in his school uniform in the Forrest. I wish it was sheryl, but at least it's better than the one I got from the Macross frontier Movie which was just a couple of frames of the fountain with no characters at all. Btw is the UMD included with the LE just the movie? Or is there anything special about it? If not I won't even open it.

Finished the Macross 7 campaign last night all except the last mission which is the Fleet of Strongest Women mission, which I haven't tried yet. So far I have unlocked the VF-11C w/FPs & Armor, VF-17D/S/S Milia w/FPs, VF-19F w/FPs, VF-22S Millia, VF-17T Kai, VF-11MAXL Kai. Varauta ships seem more detailed in MTF. Variable Fighters seem to have the same amount of detail, except the 19 variants which have been redrawn with the correct LERX and correct tail fins. No sign of the VF-11D so far. Got S grade for about 50% of the missions and mostly A grade with a few B grade for the remaining missions. Missions do seem easier than MUF. Only one mission in the Macross 7 camapaaign gave me a bit of difficulty, when I had to figh Max & Millia's VF-22S. Missions do seem mostly unchanged from MUF, except perhaps the operation Stargazer mission which now seemed more accurate to the TV series (although maybe I'm forgetting what the MUF mission was like).

Decided to try the Macross Plus campaign next. It was a tough choice between Macross II or the Frontier movie campaign, but I really wanted to see if they had finally included the Powered Suit from episode 1 of Macross Plus OVA. They haven't. I still don't get why.

Oh, noticed something a bit odd. While mecha can be tuned through tune points or through the shop, same as in MUF, FAST packs can only be tuned with tune points, you cannot buy upgrade points for FAST packs in the shop. And FAST Packs have a higher tune limit than the base VF. For example, the VF-17D, has a tune limit of 14,665, where as the FAST Pack is 38,962, so it's going to take a while to get the FPs tuned to the limit.

Graham

Finished the main Academy mode. It's really short. In between all the (seemingly pointless) conversations, you get to do some EX-Gear training, then participate in the battles at the beginning and the end of the MacF movie. When you are done, you can add your character to the roster of selectable pilots in Campaign mode.

I think there are more courses unlocked now, plus obviously all the choices that you make affect the path your character takes, so I'm guessing you have a hell of a lot of playtime ahead of you if you want to see every event. If that's your cup of tea. The highlight of my student life was going on a couple of dates with that young pilot Yuu. She was alright on the first date, but she was really pissed off at something on the second, despite my character complimenting her fashion sense.

Thank god real life is (was?) easier. :p

My film strip is a headshot of alto in his school uniform in the Forrest. I wish it was sheryl, but at least it's better than the one I got from the Macross frontier Movie which was just a couple of frames of the fountain with no characters at all. Btw is the UMD included with the LE just the movie? Or is there anything special about it? If not I won't even open it.

Theres 90 minutes of extra features. I posted several screenshots of the extras on the third disc on this very page. Take a look and see for yourself.

Looks like there weren't quite as many mecha/mission additions as I hoped. There is enough here to justify the purchase though. I can't help thinking a looming PS3/NGP (or both) game may have something to do with it. Just picture it, a full blown NGP Macross game, that looks as awesome as the PS3 demo, and has all of the content of the PSP games. Instant buy.

I'd rather have the PS3 version so I can watch it on the 60" with 7.1

Man I hope somebody does a full translation of the school part because I have no clue what I'm doing. I'm just selecting colums and pressing O, then my HP and MP go up or down, I think I went on a date with Clair(the blonde operator) but I'm not even sure. What's the deal with the 3 orbs going up in points(or lower) on the choices you make?is there a time limit cuz there seems to be a calendar. Too many questions.

P.S. When you play as Alto and have Mikheal as your wingman, if Mikheal dies Alto yells" MMIIIIIKKKKKHHHEEEEAAAALLLL!!!!"

Edited by Murphy

Is the movie disc region locked? it'd be awesome if it wasn't, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Crack your PSP

So I'm messing around on the JPN Home account... watched the first Ep of SDF-Macross.... now in the second theater... HTF do you get that Transforming SDF-1 for your personal space? I think I saw a schedule, too with MII, M7, etc but don't know WTF everything says.

The JPN Home Mall doesn't have crap compared to the US one, which is pretty surprising...

There's a transforming Macross? I've only seen an ep of Frontier in the theatre so far. I wish they had some kind of international pass system so you could use your u.s. account there. And I like keeping my PSP legit.

Edited by Keith

So now that this game is out. We are sure that it has all of the levels the Universal Frontier had right? Whith that new dating simulation mode being in japanese, how hard is it for an english speaker to just skip on through that part.

So now that this game is out. We are sure that it has all of the levels the Universal Frontier had right? Whith that new dating simulation mode being in japanese, how hard is it for an english speaker to just skip on through that part.

Very easy. On the main menu screen that has 6 big icons, just choose the one that looks like a battroid's head and it will take you straight to the main game. No need to do the academy at all.

Graham