Macross Triangle Frontier

azrael

Keith, was it you who mentioned that one of the Gundam games had multi-map missions, where you could exit one map and fly onto another map? Hope MTF has this feature.

Very happy with the mecha listed as being in MTF so far. My only remaining wishes are to include the VF-2JA, VF-3000, VF-5000B, VA-3M & the powered suit from ep 1 of Mac Plus OVA.

And for a potential 4th PSP game (if there is one), or for the PS3 game, if they add Macross-R mecha and campaign and Mac Frontier 2nd movie mecha & campaign, I'll be over the moon.

Graham

I would like to see the 4th one on the 3DS after seeing Gundam battle 3D!

Having depth when flying would make the battles look amazing!

Not to meantion missiles flying out the screen at you.

Can't wait for MTF, really looking forwards to the Macross II story.

Does anyone know if the Vf-2ja or vf-xx will make it in?

Keith, was it you who mentioned that one of the Gundam games had multi-map missions, where you could exit one map and fly onto another map? Hope MTF has this feature.

Very happy with the mecha listed as being in MTF so far. My only remaining wishes are to include the VF-2JA, VF-3000, VF-5000B, VA-3M & the powered suit from ep 1 of Mac Plus OVA.

And for a potential 4th PSP game (if there is one), or for the PS3 game, if they add Macross-R mecha and campaign and Mac Frontier 2nd movie mecha & campaign, I'll be over the moon.

Graham

Unfortunately, I can already tell you it doesn't. Gundam Assault Survive had a little grid map in the upper corner showing all the play area's in the stage, and an ally/enemy saturation there. None of the screen shots of MTF have had anything like that. The upside of course, if the dev teams have split off to do both series, then Macross has the superior programmers.

As for the 3DS, I hope it never gets an artdink Macross game, since the system is region locked it'll do us absolutely no good.

Can't wait for MTF, really looking forwards to the Macross II story.

Does anyone know if the Vf-2ja or vf-xx will make it in?

I like to take my PSP and hook it up to my Sony Flat Screen while it doesn't look as nice as my PS3 it still looks better than nothing.

Can 3DS work on a TV? And if it is region locked I hope all Macross Games stay on PS3 and PSP.

If some is looking for a development idea how about a Macross based Thrustmaster controller than can hook up to PSP and PS3 to use with all these new games.

I like to take my PSP and hook it up to my Sony Flat Screen while it doesn't look as nice as my PS3 it still looks better than nothing.

Can 3DS work on a TV? And if it is region locked I hope all Macross Games stay on PS3 and PSP.

If some is looking for a development idea how about a Macross based Thrustmaster controller than can hook up to PSP and PS3 to use with all these new games.

No, as the 3DS has a 3D screen it will not work on tvs.

It is region locked, but thats down to the develper of the game.

See how its Macross tho it most proberly be Japan only like all the other Macross games.

If they did do one for the 3DS I would by a Japanese 3DS!

I was playing MUF last night and just thinking about flying past the SDF-1 in 3D would really show off its size

much better than on a 2d screen. Like I said Gundam battle 3D looks great if you can see it in 3D.

Of course there is no way to show you that without it being first hand.

Im excited for MTF, and can not wait for it next week!

Right now im just glad the VA-1ss Is playable, hope it will have its high output mode thing

like in the anime ^_^

I have noticed people on other sites talking about the yf-29 being a secret in this game.

As much as I would like to see it I don't think it will make it in.

I feel guilty for starting the YF-29 rumors, but who know's, that one may pan out yet. Though honestly, now I'd really love to see the VF-19Active, but definately doubt that will pop up until the next version. Has Famitsu reviewed the game yet?

I feel guilty for starting the YF-29 rumors, but who know's, that one may pan out yet. Though honestly, now I'd really love to see the VF-19Active, but definately doubt that will pop up until the next version. Has Famitsu reviewed the game yet?

Big West and/or Bandai seem to be keeping the YF-29's battroid and gerwalk modes a secret so far, although we can all pretty much guess what it it will look like, apart from the head.

I guess they don't want to reveal it until closer to the movie, which is one of the reasons why I doubt we will see it in MTF.

Checked the games shops near my work at lunch today, just in case it got an early release, but no luck :(

Graham

Keep checking. Law of probablility is you'll still be the first one on the forum with it. As for the YF-29, you're forgetting the one feature of these games that would easily allow it's inclusion. The passwords that come out in magazines upwards of 2-3 months after the initial release. We won't have a full game roster, or access to all of the ex missions until all of the passwords are out.

Of course people who hack the ISO's usually get those features sooner, which would lower the probability of such an awesome inclusion.

Looks like it may be out in Japan already, or at least 1 person has it. I just checked Yahoo Japan Auctions again and a new auction is just up, with a pic of the actual box. When I checked earlier today, all the other auctions just used the generic publicity pics.

Graham

post-11-1296552858_thumb.jpg

I had a go on the 3DS yesterday, and while impressive, I really felt it might make me dizzy after too long. Actually I even feel that way after PSP Macross sometimes, so I can't imagine what havoc 3D missile dodging may wreak on my head!

Edited by Renato

Well, Bandai Namco and Big West are advertising the game (and the second movie) in a more aggressive way. They're showing the series on Playstation Home, if you're interested. They're already at the fifth episode. I intend to try to catch the rest of the series in that manner only to support the franchise.

They're having a sort of quiz challenge there too, in which they will be giving some sort of reward. I'd like a full size Sheryl and Ranka statue of a VF-25 animated figure for my Home space, but it will most likely be just a t-shirt...

My preorder for Triangle Frontier is there, so I'd expect to receive the game in two or three weeks, along with Valkyria 3. I hate waiting for games... I really, really do...

Keep checking. Law of probablility is you'll still be the first one on the forum with it.

We'll, if I can't find it today, I won't have a chance to look again until I have some free time on Saturday, as from tomorrow, it's the Chinese New Year Holiday and I have stuff to do with my wife's family.

Heck, even on Saturday when I have some free time, all the game shops may well be closed beacuse of the holiday. So it may be next week before I can pick it up :(

Graham

Look what I just picked up! :)

Graham

Bartender: I think you've played enough, sir...

Graham: I'LL TELL YOU WHEN I'VE PLAYED ENOUGH!!

:D

My preorder for Triangle Frontier is there, so I'd expect to receive the game in two or three weeks, along with Valkyria 3.

I believe May'n sings theme to that, too, which is funny when you think about it.

Bartender: I think you've played enough, sir...

Cute bar-wenches, actually.

And they can never get enough of me :p

Graham

You're welcome.

Now how is it? What's the bonus for the previous game saves? Any stats carry over yet? Dish!

Just putting in the UMD now.

As much as this may sound like blasphemy, beer comes first........LOL!

Graham

You can still fight when you're drunk!"

"Now watch jet jockey"

Man, I almsot forgot how much I loved HK DYRL Focker. Now that man truly understood the spirit of his part.

Edited by Keith

Game updates my PSP to version 6.31.

Hmm........on starting MTF, 5 or 6 'Attention' screens popped up in succession, prompting me to chose 'yes'. No idea what they are asking though.....Hahahah!

After getting used to the 'veiw even in blazing daylight' AMOLED screen of my Samsung 'Galaxy S' smartphone, the PSP screen seems positively antiquated.

Presented with 2 choices, which I guess are the Mi-Wishy-Washy academy mode (no interest ATM) or the normal VF mission mode. Chose the second one - screen now going though a load cycle 1% to 100% (maybe loading old stats from MUF?)

Drums fingers, on 61%........

Game updates my PSP to version 6.31.

Hmm........on starting MTF, 5 or 6 'Attention' screens popped up in succession, prompting me to chose 'yes'. No idea what they are asking though.....Hahahah!

After getting used to the 'veiw even in blazing daylight' AMOLED screen of my Samsung 'Galaxy S' smartphone, the PSP screen seems positively antiquated.

Presented with 2 choices, which I guess are the Mi-Wishy-Washy academy mode (no interest ATM) or the normal VF mission mode. Chose the second one - screen now going though a load cycle 1% to 100% (maybe loading old stats from MUF?)

Drums fingers, on 61%........

Oh my god. You r so lucky. My order shipped out I'll get thursday, but I want it now!!! :unsure:

So how is it Graham!!!???

Well, Bandai Namco and Big West are advertising the game (and the second movie) in a more aggressive way. They're showing the series on Playstation Home, if you're interested. They're already at the fifth episode. I intend to try to catch the rest of the series in that manner only to support the franchise..

How can I watch this on my Region 1 PS3?

How can I watch this on my Region 1 PS3?

Getting into Japanese home is actually really simple.

Step 1: download playstation home.

Step 2: Sign up for a Japanese Playstation account (see youtube vids).

Step 3: Log into your Japanese PSN account and click on the home icon.

Now finding all this Frontier stuff however is another matter. Detailed instructions would be awesome.

Just went though a long load process, but still won't let me chose the second option.

Chose second option, then asked to chose pilot, wingman operator etc.

Now has gone into noraml mission mode that we are used to.

Graham

Mihoshi Mode may be a seperate load all together, can you take some pic's of the menu screens?

Yay, at long last the VF-17 has a proper gunpod, so the VF-17 can be flown and fought as it's supposed to be.

Graham

FINALLY!!!! :lol:

Now if only my game will come soon. I heard your stats don't level up anymore, unless you play the academy sim. <_<

FINALLY!!!! :lol:

Now if only my game will come soon. I heard your stats don't level up anymore, unless you play the academy sim. <_<

No idea about the character stats. Only played 3 missions of the M7 campaign so far.

Tune points and shop points for mecha seems the same as MUF, so levelling up mecha is no problem, just not sure about characters.

I hope it's not a case of having to play the academy, as based on my initial, 5 minute attempt at it, it may be unplayable for non-Japanese readers. Even if it is playable, sitting through page after page of stills of characters sprouting text was prety boring for me, which is why I gave up.

Graham