Macross Triangle Frontier

azrael

New password out:

EXTRA MISSON

Rainbow-colored [rondo

YMSWV

Anyone managed to SS the one Lord Emperor Ingues fortress Extra mission? I seem to be stuck at S for both of them.

'Am having trouble with that one too. I SS all the extra mission except that one. I beat it fast,slow,melee and still can only get a S.

I SSed it. I received no damage, if I remember correctly.

Yeah..... Did that to, no dice.:mellow: So far I have SS'ed every mission in the game, except that one. Any other info you can give?

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

I got the game a few days ago, I agree that they made this one a bit easier than MUF but this game is pretty good too.

I liked the better graphics and the scale of the ships, now the Macross class ships really look big. I'm currently playing the missions in chronological order, I just finished the Frontier(tv series) era and I will start with the movie missions.

Anyway, does anyone know how to unlock Klan's VF-25S? I saw it when I finished Academy Mode and now I want it. By the way Academy mode is boring (and if you don't understand japanes it's worse like in my case :p ) but I managed to create a decent custom character now and I think I will stop trying.

Edited by Dash

This game is really helping to further my hatred of Macross II. I was able to beat all the other regular missions without having to upgrade my fighter until I got to the 5th and 6th missions of Macross II. What's worse is that the 6th mission is only medium difficulty, but I still can't seem to beat it.

I was going to get this the other day but alot say its practically the same as MUF with just an academy mode,is it worth it?

Read everything I've already posted about it, and decide then.

This game is really helping to further my hatred of Macross II. I was able to beat all the other regular missions without having to upgrade my fighter until I got to the 5th and 6th missions of Macross II. What's worse is that the 6th mission is only medium difficulty, but I still can't seem to beat it.

I'v been frustrated with the Macross II extra mission, where you fight Ingues. Still can't SS it, and it's the only one I need a SS on. :angry:

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

Ha,I can't even play MTF at the moment. My son is occupying the PSP playing the new Star Wars The Clone Wars Lego game that was released a few days ago.

Graham

Time to get another one. :lol:

I'm still soo addicted to this game. :wacko:

Ha,I can't even play MTF at the moment. My son is occupying the PSP playing the new Star Wars The Clone Wars Lego game that was released a few days ago.

Graham

Buy another PSP, buy another Lega SW, co-op with your son, then se if he'll play your old copy of MUF. If he's old enough & enjoys that, buy another MTF to co-op that.

I can add that there is a FAQ about the game, with some focus on the Academy Mode (school) right at Game FAQs, so go and check if you like.

Unfortunately the explanation of the academy mode menus isn't spot on, or so it would seem. Can somebody better explain what exactly each of the selections on the left hand side do? And better yet what the outcome of filling up each of the, um, balls with liquid do?? I'm very reluctant to do academy mode, but if I must then it's worth getting the most out of it.

Just trying to get the must tune points and NN points!

post-13031-0-09730800-1302465557_thumb.jpg

Buy another PSP, buy another Lega SW, co-op with your son, then se if he'll play your old copy of MUF. If he's old enough & enjoys that, buy another MTF to co-op that.

This is an excellent recommendation. As a son who played a few videogames with his non gaming father, those are precious memories for me now as an adult. If you're even a mild gamer, playing with your son will only make things better if both enjoy the game or games. Who knows, you might even brainwash your son into liking Macross.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the explanation of the academy mode menus isn't spot on, or so it would seem. Can somebody better explain what exactly each of the selections on the left hand side do? And better yet what the outcome of filling up each of the, um, balls with liquid do?? I'm very reluctant to do academy mode, but if I must then it's worth getting the most out of it.

Just trying to get the must tune points and NN points!

I think the link posted by Crazy Martian covers most of it: http://www.gamefaqs....tier/faqs/61883

I finally finished the game in Academy mode getting all the CG's, but apparently I'm missing 3 "event images" still. They're SMS no minasan, Brera & Grace and Cathy & Ozma :mellow:

I noticed that the latest Macross Ace includes tips / a walkthrough to get the SMS one. Can someone please help me translate it??

post-322-0-02650600-1303607337_thumb.jpg

I finally finished the game in Academy mode getting all the CG's, but apparently I'm missing 3 "event images" still. They're SMS no minasan, Brera & Grace and Cathy & Ozma :mellow:

I noticed that the latest Macross Ace includes tips / a walkthrough to get the SMS one. Can someone please help me translate it??

post-322-0-02650600-1303607337_thumb.jpg

Well... I got it. In case anyone's interested, the way to get this "event image" is by playing without dating anyone, and choosing the SMS route. Quite simple actually.

I'm missing now the other ones... Ozma & Cathy, and Brera & Grace

post-322-0-28784800-1303975443_thumb.jpg

post-322-0-02874300-1303975450_thumb.jpg

Not sure where else to post, but I'd just like to gloat that I've "finally" unlocked everything in Gundam Assault Survive. That's right, i resisted temptation to download a hacked save file, and after systematically going through the unlocking of mobile suits, developement plans, & parts, I've finally point grinded enough to purchase the most uber expensive of parts, and then grinded a bit more to actually purchase the extra's that I unlocked...damn the taem that put this game together were beyond cruel with the hurdles you have to jump through. If only they followed what the Macross dev team did with the Nyan Nyan shop. Speaking of which, has anyone heard whehter Gundam Memories (coming out in June) is an artdink game yet? All I've seen so far are rumors back & forth that it is & or isn't. If it is, they took a big leap away from what's been previously done with the previous Gundam games.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I need help, the game was really easy compared with MUF but I don't know why I can't get S or SS in the last Macross 7 mission (Fleet of strongest women I think). I always finish the mission as fast as I can and with no damage taken but I always end up getting an A so, any tips or ideas I could use?

Also, does anyone know what is the maximum amount of points you can get in Academy mode? last time I got 99 points for all 3 attributes (Mind, Body and Technology), Is it possible to get more than 99 points? because I'm trying to make a powerful custom character.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I am Really Interested in getting into the Macross PSP games, but my problem is that I do not have the capital to purchase these games at expensive prices. I see on eBay that the first game in the series is going for around $20-$25 shipped to the US. Is there another place that sells these games for cheaper? I am not into piracy or anything, but I fear that unless I can find these games dirt cheap somewhere, I am going to miss out on what looks to be 3 fantastic games. Any help would be appreciated.

Twich

I need help, the game was really easy compared with MUF but I don't know why I can't get S or SS in the last Macross 7 mission (Fleet of strongest women I think). I always finish the mission as fast as I can and with no damage taken but I always end up getting an A so, any tips or ideas I could use?

Also, does anyone know what is the maximum amount of points you can get in Academy mode? last time I got 99 points for all 3 attributes (Mind, Body and Technology), Is it possible to get more than 99 points? because I'm trying to make a powerful custom character.

Thanks in advance for the help.

As in Ultimate Frontier version of the stage, you need to take out all the Queadlunn Rau reinforcements to SS the stage. Do not defeat the capital ships or Chlore until no more waves of Queadlunns spawn in. Every time they get auto targeted, try to shift lock away to see if any more reinforcements are incoming.

^ I was never impressed with the targeting aspect of this game. It's very frustrating to not be able to pick the target you want sometimes.

BTW is there no ENEMY mission selection in this game like there was in MUF or have I simply not unlocked it yet?

Target selection is done by holding circle, and cycling the cross pad left or right to switch between same level targets, or up & down to cycle between weaker/stronger targets (respectively).

I see on eBay that the first game in the series is going for around $20-$25 shipped to the US.

I paid around twice or more than that for each and every one of these games, so personally I would say that's a great deal there.

Having said that, the first is the weakest in the series (still enjoyable, though).

FINALLY after having my PSP with all my good games stolen I am getting a new one and have Macross Triangle Frontier on the way from Cali!!! Oh the joys, I haven't play Macross or even my PSP since October last year :(

BTW is there no ENEMY mission selection in this game like there was in MUF or have I simply not unlocked it yet?

As far as I know, there is no Chronicle or Enemy mode in MUF, having being replaced by the Academy mode and Survival mode.

Still haven't gotten a SS on that damn Macross II extra mission!!! :angry:

Help someone please. :(

You've gotta balance speed with patience. Don't take out the capitol ships irght away, you have to take out the small fry first. Then don't take out Ingus right away, attack him in small bursts until new enemies pop up, take them out, then proceed with attacking him in small bursts.

You've gotta balance speed with patience. Don't take out the capitol ships irght away, you have to take out the small fry first. Then don't take out Ingus right away, attack him in small bursts until new enemies pop up, take them out, then proceed with attacking him in small bursts.

Still no luck. I will keep on trying with that strategy. Thanks for the help Keith.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone checked out the new Gundam Memories yet? I'm curious as to whether it's a new artdink game in the "battle/assault survive" line, or if it's yet another new Bandai franchise.

• 4 weeks later...

...I have no idea how I've missed this thread for the past 7 months now...but I just came across it today for the first time.... :blink::ph34r::( :cries: ...From the looks of things the Limited Edition included a film strip? I don't suppose the Pack is the "Limited Edition"? Have I missed out on opportunity in acquiring another film strip? I have so much reading and catching up to do in this thread.... :mellow:

...I have no idea how I've missed this thread for the past 7 months now...but I just came across it today for the first time.... :blink::ph34r::( :cries: ...From the looks of things the Limited Edition included a film strip? I don't suppose the Pack is the "Limited Edition"? Have I missed out on opportunity in acquiring another film strip? I have so much reading and catching up to do in this thread.... :mellow:

Couldn't hurt to try. NCS says they can restock it.

http://www.shopncsx.com/macrosstrianglefrontier-1.aspx

But play asia says they have it.

http://www.play-asia.com/Macross_Triangle_Frontier_Itsuwari_no_Utahime_Pack/paOS-13-71-9f-49-en-70-426r.html