Macross Triangle Frontier

azrael

*Yoinked from the Scoopda thread*

http://b.bngi-channel.jp/psp_macross/

http://so94atg8.blogspot.com/2010/11/f1148-psp.html

2010/12/01 「マクロストライアングルフロンティア」オフィシャルサイトをオープンしました!

発売日 2011年2月3日予定

メーカー希望価格

通常版 5,229円(税込)

イツワリノウタヒメパック 7,329円(税込)

◆モード

●学園モード

エディットキャラで美星学園の生徒になる。設定項目は男女の他「名前」「生年月日」「出身地」「コース(学習の)」

・スケジュールは週単位で、入学からマクロスFの原作終了時点までの期間でキャラを育成できる

・「学科」「メンテナンス」「基礎トレーニング」などでパラメータを上昇させる事が可能

・育成したキャラクターはキャンペーンモードでの使用も可能

・学園モードでは各種イベントがあり。アルト、ランカ、シェリルとのイベントシーンがある

●キャンペーンモード

・新たに「劇場版マクロスF 虚空歌姫」のシナリオも登場

・EXギアやVF25-Fトルネードパック搭載機も新登場

◆システム

・オペレーター、パイロットは色々な人物から選択可能

オペレーターの例は「エキセドル・フォルモ」「早瀬未沙」「キャサリン・グラス」

パイロット例で「カグラ・ユウト」「シラカワ・ミユキ」「ホシムラ・ユイ」

・カスタムサウンド

メモリースティック内の楽曲をBGMにできる。

sage1_25241.jpg

sage1_25242.jpg

sage1_25238.jpg

Release date: Feb. 3, 2011

Regular edition: 5,229 yen (including tax)

Itsuwari no Utahime Pack: 7,329 yen (including tax)

Modes:

Educational Mode

* Become a student at Mihoshi Academy. Set your Name, Birthdate, home, Gender, and area of study.

* Stats for Subject, modifications, Training and more.

* Import character from Campaign mode

* Various events scenes in Education mode including scenes with Alto, Ranka and Sheryl.

Campaign Mode

* Play events from the 1st movie

* EX-Gear and VF-25 w/Tornado Pack included.

System

* Various pilot and operator selections from Exedol Folmo, Catherine Glass, Misa Hayase

Custom Sounds

* BGM music can be saved to a MemoryStick.

OMG much sooner than expected. AWESOME. I still hope they put out a cross-compatible PS3 version with the second movie though.

?!? Macross II content?!!

By the looks of it Nexx, SNN Valkyrie, and likely a full campaign. Awesome. It's almost like they read our wish list's here :)

A full Macross II campaign! Now that would be great!

Didn't think the SNN valk had any weapons tho, yet it seems like you can use one?

What are the odds of having a Macross cannon too :D unlikely but would be fun.

Wow, February is just around the corner. Hmm. I've got to check out that Famitsu issue now. Don't care about Mihoshi and EX-Gear stuff, but the Macross II content looks interesting. I wonder what other stuff they have crammed into the other campaigns, though (you know, REAL Macross! :lol: ).

Wow, February is just around the corner. Hmm. I've got to check out that Famitsu issue now. Don't care about Mihoshi and EX-Gear stuff, but the Macross II content looks interesting. I wonder what other stuff they have crammed into the other campaigns, though (you know, REAL Macross! :lol: ).

Also not much interest in th Mihoshi & Ex-Gear stuff. Hope this game still has full Zero, SDFM, DYRL, Plus & 7 campaigns.

Also not much interest in th Mihoshi & Ex-Gear stuff. Hope this game still has full Zero, SDFM, DYRL, Plus & 7 campaigns.

It's very doubtful that anything has been removed, sure the last Gundam game removed some stuff, but that seemed to have more to do with the engine overhaul that went on than anything.

By the looks of it Nexx, SNN Valkyrie, and likely a full campaign. Awesome. It's almost like they read our wish list's here :)

Nah, that's definitely Sylvie Gena in the screen captures there... but if this one turns out to have a full Macross II campaign, I may very well finally shell out for a PSP.

A full Macross II campaign! Now that would be great!

Didn't think the SNN valk had any weapons tho, yet it seems like you can use one?

What are the odds of having a Macross cannon too :D unlikely but would be fun.

Yes, yes it would... I've got no idea how they're going to fit the SNN Valkyrie in there though. It's unarmed and doesn't even have a battroid mode, so I can't imagine there'd be much shooting going on with it. I really doubt we'll see the Macross Cannons as playable mecha though... after all, the bloody things are 6 kilometers long in cruiser mode.

The SNN Valkyrie is no more unarmed than the VT-1, so no problem there.

Eh... from a strictly canon perspective, the SNN Valkyrie is more unarmed than the VT-1. As a flight/combat training machine, the VT-1 could theoretically be fitted with live weapons if circumstances demanded it... however, the VC-079 Civilian Valkyrie used by SNN was designed from the ground up as a civilian plane, and has neither mounting stations to take weaponry nor the onboard hardware to support missiles and gunpods and all that good stuff. Mind you, the game isn't required to follow that to the letter, but I can't imagine why they'd try to have people dogfight in the far future equivalent of a news helicopter...

Eh... from a strictly canon perspective, the SNN Valkyrie is more unarmed than the VT-1. As a flight/combat training machine, the VT-1 could theoretically be fitted with live weapons if circumstances demanded it... however, the VC-079 Civilian Valkyrie used by SNN was designed from the ground up as a civilian plane, and has neither mounting stations to take weaponry nor the onboard hardware to support missiles and gunpods and all that good stuff. Mind you, the game isn't required to follow that to the letter, but I can't imagine why they'd try to have people dogfight in the far future equivalent of a news helicopter...

More likely is that they'll either turn it into a music unit (wouldn't make the most sense) or a melee unit (no arms, but it can ram). It's possible they may do something completely out of left field, and turn it into a photo-only unit (take pictures instantly in levels), who knows.

Damn I'm good. Just zoomed in on the picture, and the primary weapon says "photo", and the secondary weapon says "flash."

Mystery solved.

Edited by Keith

More likely is that they'll either turn it into a music unit (wouldn't make the most sense) or a melee unit (no arms, but it can ram). It's possible they may do something completely out of left field, and turn it into a photo-only unit (take pictures instantly in levels), who knows.

Damn I'm good. Just zoomed in on the picture, and the primary weapon says "photo", and the secondary weapon says "flash."

Huh... I could actually see them being able to use it as a music unit, since Ishtar rides in the back seat of Hibiki's VC-079 a few times in the OVA and she's the show's main vocalist. Still, I'm really curious to see how the photo mechanic is going to work in gameplay... what'll a PSP set me back if I buy it new nowadays?

Edited by Seto Kaiba

The Frontier AVG aspect seems somewhat jarring, given the Macross PSP game's Macross anthology dogfight focus. I would rather something like this be a completely new gaiden game (make VFX-3 already!). Still, I'm excited about what awesome new content they're cramming into the UMD this time.

Looks like fun! Will defijnately grab the Itsuwari no Utahime Pack.

Must admit though, Ive still barely scratched the surface of Ultimate Frontier in many ways (got distracted by Metal Gear and Gundam VS on the PSP and a bajillion games on other consoles) - Bamco is pumping these games out a little to fast for my liking. Also, what the hell happened to the PS3 game?!?!? Fingers crossed that this is a stopgap game while they are working on some hi-def stuff. (And if Gundam Extreme VS hits the PS3 with network play, my life will officially be over, lol).

Looks like they finally made some fixes to the VF-19Kai model (and hopefully by extension, to the VF-19F/S/P, as well)

hCc6q36NVLj7yXgGqbQF9pe31Ms9wG6p.jpg

I see tail fins in the correct location and straighter/longer LERX (although still not 100% correct). Oh well, it only took them 3 games to get it mostly right!

Doesn't look like there have been any improvements to the graphics. Oh well, I can live with that. Probably more due to the PSP lack of processing power than anything.

I really hope e can go straight to the main game and skip the Mihoshi Acadamy stuff completely. From the screen caps, it looks like something I'd have no interest in.

Graham

I should think one needn't bother with the Mihoshi stuff on the non-Frontier campaigns.

That one screenshot on the famitsu site of the Armoured YF-24(or is it 25?) Prophecy looks great, though!

Just a heads up, the special "Itsuwari no Utahime/False Diva" Pack will consist of the game plus an extra video UMD, similar to the "Nyan nyan Pack" of MUF. This time the goodies will include the entire MacF first movie, as well as a new CG movie plus some other extras.

To be honest, most of the new stuff is a bunch of things I don't really care for so much, but what the hell, I might get it anyway. As usual I don't want to update the firmware, so I will have to find a new way of getting around Sony's stupid protection yet again. Then again, I've only used my PSP for music, reading books and watching movies for the past couple of months using official firmware, so whatever.

Hoping for VF-2JA this time.

And of course the Zent powered suit from the opening fight of Mac Plus OVA ep 1.

And full M3 and VF-X2 campaigns would be great. Me wants a VA-3M as well.

And while we are at it, how about: VF-3000 Crusader, VF-5000B and FAST Packs for the VF-17D/S and VF-19F/S.

And I doubt they will majke it into this game, but the new VF-19EF and VF-19EFs from Macross The Ride would be great as well.

Graham

That's definately the VF-2SS, but I'd be surprised if the Metal Siren wasn't there. Also VALGO FINALLY! I'll probably go for the Utahime pack, even though I won't be able to play the umd, I'd still like to have it. As for the PS3 game, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, but it takes time to render all of the mecha & stages that are in this game. Waiting for the second film to hit bluray would be a good guestimate for a console release.

Man I need to get a new PSP. But I'm going to wait till the new PSP2 is release.

Will the PSP2 be backwards-compatible? Because if it is like the PSP-Go, you're screwed. I think MUF is STILL not on the PS Network, am I right? Bleah.

That's definately the VF-2SS, but I'd be surprised if the Metal Siren wasn't there.

Yes, the unit pictured is a VF-2SS (which is marked as such in the lower-right corner), but there are definitely VA-1SS's in the game too. Nexx is piloting it, according to the screencap.

ZZgm24hfwh9tCpymHnx835vDHt8dVIBR.jpg

I had a quick glimpse at the magazine today in a convenience store. Apparently there is also going to be some special content where you can connect to "Playstation Home" and experience some Macross virtual theatre and participate in special events or something. I have no idea what Playstation Home is and can't be bothered to google it, but it seems like there are still some bonus features still to be revealed (the magazine said more details will follow soon).

Yay?

I had a quick glimpse at the magazine today in a convenience store. Apparently there is also going to be some special content where you can connect to "Playstation Home" and experience some Macross virtual theatre and participate in special events or something. I have no idea what Playstation Home is and can't be bothered to google it, but it seems like there are still some bonus features still to be revealed (the magazine said more details will follow soon).

Yay?

Playstation Home is a virtual world a bit like Second Life. You make an avatar for yourself and then interact with other avatars in various themed areas, its basically a chat roon with an interactive virtual interface. Lots of game developers make areas based on their games so you can meet up in a Killzone themed space or a Electronic Arts space, often there are mini-games or ways to interact with the different spaces.

To be honest its kinda shite but its free so you cant really complain. Most likely is that this content would be limited to the Japanese version of Home so you would need a Japanese PSN account in order to access it.

Edited by Nicaragua

I had a quick glimpse at the magazine today in a convenience store. Apparently there is also going to be some special content where you can connect to "Playstation Home" and experience some Macross virtual theatre and participate in special events or something.

Maybe this? :unsure:

●『イツワリノウタヒメ』同梱パックも発売!

『マクロストライアングルフロンティア イツワリノウタヒメパック』も、本作と同時発売される。これには、2009年11月に公開された劇場アニメ『劇場版マクロスF ~イツワリノウタヒメ~』を完全収録したUMDが同梱。また、新作CGムービーや新作アニメの“超時空劇場”など映像特典も満載!

A new action game of Macross Frontier "Macross Triangle Frontier" will be released on February 3rd 2011 on PSP. A new short CGI movie and a short extra anime "Cho Jiku Gekijyo" will be bundled with the special edition of the game.

NSiMVtTrtOeAH2Pf6QQ7rhuBsaK8G6OX.jpg

An adventure part "School Mode" is the feature of Triangle Frontier game and users can enjoy the school life as one of the students of Mihoshi Academy.