Graham

No. This is how Tenjin Hidetaka envisioned the YF-27-5 entrant in the Vanquish races. We have yet to be shown what the YF-27 is supposed to look like. Though, given how closely the YF-25 looks to the VF-25, it's fairly safe to say that the YF-27 looks fairly similar to the VF-27.

No. They are how the modellers could represent what Tenjin Hidetaka envisioned the customized VFs that enter the Vanquish races to be.

To the best of our knowledge, they are all official.

Thank you for all the info, it's greatly appreciated!!!

Interesting to note that the YF-27-5 was designed by General Galaxy's "Guld Works", according to sketchley's translation.

So is the VF-27 (Galaxy's Guld Works, which is probably an arm of General Galxy's anyways). It shouldn't be surprising.

I wasn't interested in Macross The Ride until now!

And all those models a freakin' awesome! I hope they're planning to sell them at least as 1/72 kits, I would paint them myself I don't care.

Thank you very much for the scans.

BTW I'm guessing that cyborg brat is the spy who told Grace everything about the frontier fleet.

Interesting that a visual stealth system is listed in the specs of the YF-27-5, as well as the more standard active stealth system.

I'd been wondering when the concept of visual stealth would be introduced in the Macross universe.

Graham

It could be that the boosters weren't needed until later--maybe the final version is much heavier than the prototypes, and the quick/easy way to solve thrust problems was to tack on more engines. Or, they wanted "a lot more power for PPB etc" and again---more engines gives more power to use.

And all those models a freakin' awesome! I hope they're planning to sell them at least as 1/72 kits, I would paint them myself I don't care.

Don't expect them anytime soon. This is Dengeki Hobby, of course. Magazine for the mech-head who likes to customize.

It could be that the boosters weren't needed until later--maybe the final version is much heavier than the prototypes, and the quick/easy way to solve thrust problems was to tack on more engines. Or, they wanted "a lot more power for PPB etc" and again---more engines gives more power to use.

I don't think they were added because of thrust problems. If memory serves, they were added for power generation.

Anyhow, my opinion on why they're not on the YF-27-5 is because they wanted to keep that aspect of the design secret from everyone else.

Anyhow, my opinion on why they're not on the YF-27-5 is because they wanted to keep that aspect of the design secret from everyone else.

The YF-27-5's profile refers it as a proof-of-concept unit whose combat data went into the VF-27. Considering it has active stealth, optical camouflage, and a dazzle camouflage paint scheme, someone went to great lengths to keep this prototype doing things out of sight.

Interesting that a visual stealth system is listed in the specs of the YF-27-5, as well as the more standard active stealth system.

I'd been wondering when the concept of visual stealth would be introduced in the Macross universe.

Graham

Starcream is working on something involving visual stealth systems for the VF-27. He has a thread showing some of his work in the Fan Works section. I think he's doing it as an accompanyment to a fanfic he's working on.

The YF-27-5's profile refers it as a proof-of-concept unit whose combat data went into the VF-27. Considering it has active stealth, optical camouflage, and a dazzle camouflage paint scheme, someone went to great lengths to keep this prototype doing things out of sight.

I would like to add two of Kawamori's sketches in color, displayed back then.

I think he conceptualised the VF-27 at the first step without wing engines.

30039.jpg

30040.jpg

And Yes, YF-27-5 is such a good iteration in terms of design and specifications, I hope Bandai will give a chance of DX to YF-27-5.

Edited by charger69

Finished the fuselage description of the YF-27-5, as well as all the in-universe stuff for the VF-11Bs.

This ad also caught my attention:

INFORMATION: Attention!!

"Macross the Ride" separate books.

It's been decided that two-kinds will go on sale simultaneously.

It's been decided that both the first volume of this "Macross the Ride"'s novelization book and Visual Book Vol. 1 that collects such things as the establishment drawings and construction descriptions, will go on sale at the same time in June!

Details will be in the next issue!!

One would have thought that there isn't enough material yet to publish one book, let alone two by June!

Graham

But have you been checking the novel itself on Dengeki Hobby's site? There are six chapters so far, each ranging from forty pages to over seventy.

Ah no, I haven't been checking the novel on the Dengeki site. Actually, I didn't even know about it until you mentioned it. To be honest, as I don't read Japanese, I've not too much interest in a novel and wouldn't buy it.

The Visual Book interests me greatly though. Presumably this would be reprints from the Dengeki Hobby printed magazine, with possibly some additional material thrown in. I still think that unless they are going to include a lot of as yet unseen material, it will be an awfully slim visual book.

Graham

Ah no, I haven't been checking the novel on the Dengeki site. Actually, I didn't even know about it until you mentioned it. To be honest, as I don't read Japanese, I've not too much interest in a novel and wouldn't buy it.

The Visual Book interests me greatly though. Presumably this would be reprints from the Dengeki Hobby printed magazine, with possibly some additional material thrown in. I still think that unless they are going to include a lot of as yet unseen material, it will be an awfully slim visual book.

Graham

That's true...it's gonna have to have a lot of extra stuff. The novel seems to have two illustrations per chapter...the opening two-page splash, and another illustration further in...so that could add eighteen more pages...but yeah, not much there, either.

Ok, is Maris a cyborg? Since it seems a pre-requisite to fly the 27-series, and she's got the whole "fightsuit with triangular neck-chin-things" aspect.

"Angers 672"---kind of a Meltrandi name (Milia 639), but she has human ears. Just have to wait for the MW'ers who can translate for us. :)

She does have that same headclip/thingy that was used to control Brera:

15224.jpg

So most probably she is. :)

As for "Angers 672" it does kinda remind me of a Meltrandi name like "Milia 639" :D AS for the human ears probable a half human?

Edited by grss1982

Hmmn. I was thinking--one of Grace's "multiple personalities that make up her internal consciousness" sounds like a younger girl IIRC---wonder if that's Maris somehow? Maybe Maris is part of Grace, split off or something? Or Grace controls Maris directly, even more so than she did with Brera?

Hmmn. I was thinking--one of Grace's "multiple personalities that make up her internal consciousness" sounds like a younger girl IIRC---wonder if that's Maris somehow? Maybe Maris is part of Grace, split off or something? Or Grace controls Maris directly, even more so than she did with Brera?

According to the Macross F Official Fan Book, the "Galaxy Anonymous" voices are not indicative of what the people behind them are actually like. It suggests that they're kind of like internet forum avatars...you don't look like Grace in real life, I don't look like Misa, Azrael doesn't look like Gubaba...and the little girl from Galaxy probably isn't a little girl.

Maris' profile indicates she is directly connected to Grace and is controlled via the implant which is networked. Maris is suppose to be very timid but the implant makes her a cool-headed or cold character.

Any more stuff that can be gotten/translated from her profile? ::edit:: Ok, I just checked Sketchley's work again, seems more was added since last I checked--there was only the YF-27 when I looked before, now Maris' profile is up too.

Yup. Finished a few more (first two pages sans novelization, YF-29-5, the two characters, the background introductory paragraphs of the YF-27-5 build and VF-11 pages).

Would like to do a bit more, but it's the last few days of my sister's trip to Japan, so doing A LOT of sightseeing, and picked up both the VFMF:VF-25 and Macross F Wings of Goodbye Official Complete Book yesterday. First book is a whole lot of awesome, and the second book is a must. IT'S GOT STATS on the major mecha. But that'll all be mentioned in a different (new?) thread.

According to the Macross F Official Fan Book, the "Galaxy Anonymous" voices are not indicative of what the people behind them are actually like. It suggests that they're kind of like internet forum avatars...you don't look like Grace in real life, I don't look like Misa, Azrael doesn't look like Gubaba...and the little girl from Galaxy probably isn't a little girl.

Wadda ya mean? I do too totally look like my avatar!

Graham

... and finished the 2011.06 episode of "Macross the Ride".

Thanks for all the translations and information. it is very interesting.

It has totally got me interested in MacrossTheRide.

Like Graham said, if there is a book with all the art i would put that on my list but mostly i'd like to see 1/100 VF-HiMetal toys.

Now that would be good.

finished the 2011.01 article.

(VF-19EF description and scratch built construction picts' captions, and the small article about how the style arrangements came to be.)

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up the new July 2011 issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine, this month's mecha focus is on Destroids, specifically a modified Defender called 'Defender-S' with twin gattling guns (1 per arm) instead of the normal quad cannons. The Defender-S is also fitted with 4 x DYRL type UMM-7 micro-missile pods (two per arm, mounted one above and one below the gattling).

There is also a green and white VF-19C (basically a stock repainted VF-19A/YF-19 kit).

Unfortunately no time to scan in the article until the weekend.

Graham