Graham

Seeing these race adapted fighters is urging me to do something about it. :rolleyes:

Just wondering if could someone translate the character sheet for "Magdalena Zielonaska and Nicolas Francoise Berthier". All I'm seeing is VT-1 in the print next to Nicolas.

More information is greatly appreciated. :)

Edited by nightmareB4macross

Seeing these race adapted fighters is urging me to do something about it. :rolleyes:

Just wondering if could someone translate the character sheet for "Magdalena Zielonaska and Nicolas Francoise Berthier". All I'm seeing is VT-1 in the print next to Nicolas.

More information is greatly appreciated. :)

Just looking over the info and what I can glean without pulling out a dictionary, it looks like Nicolas started flying in a VT-1 at the age of 3.

It looks like he's also got an Implant. Aren't they illegal on Frontier...?

Just looking over the info and what I can glean without pulling out a dictionary, it looks like Nicolas started flying in a VT-1 at the age of 3.

Not quite... if I'm reading this right, he started riding in the back seat of his father's VT-1 at age 3, but he didn't start learning to fly it until he was 8, which is still crazy early. It does appear, from what's written about him on Dengeki Hobby's website, that he has a cybernetically-reinforced body.

It looks like he's also got an Implant. Aren't they illegal on Frontier...?

I get the impression (from the show anyways) that the production, sale and installation of cybernetic implants is illegal within the fleet, but a person isn't going to be arrested/kicked out of the fleet if they had them installed outside of the fleet.

Thanks for the translation, but does it say anything about what he currently piloting/racing?

Nothing. Wanna bet it'll be next issue's VF?

Not quite... if I'm reading this right, he started riding in the back seat of his father's VT-1 at age 3, but he didn't start learning to fly it until he was 8, which is still crazy early. It does appear, from what's written about him on Dengeki Hobby's website, that he has a cybernetically-reinforced body.

Oops. You're right.

I get the impression (from the show anyways) that the production, sale and installation of cybernetic implants is illegal within the fleet, but a person isn't going to be arrested/kicked out of the fleet if they had them installed outside of the fleet.

Good point...They didn't get rid of Grace or Brera...

Are we %100 sure that Macross The Ride fighter planes don't have any gunpod?

Even if it's a race they can easily have faux gunpods and ammunition just like in training scene from Macross Zero!

inwvtx.jpg

IMO it would be very cool to have a paintball sequence with faux ammo during the race like a winter biathlon with rifle shooting :D

Edited by charger69

Are we %100 sure that Macross The Ride fighter planes don't have any gunpod?

Even if it's a race they can easily have faux gunpods and ammunition just like in training scene from Macross Zero!

IMO it would be very cool to have a paintball sequence with faux ammo during the race like a winter biathlon with rifle shooting :D

Well, I already posted the pic of the racecourse and explained it, but I guess I'll do it again:

VanquishRace.jpg

Again, that's a Pinpoint Barrier Gate, followed by a fighter course with tight curves, followed by a Gerwalk slalom, culminating in a Battroid game of "Capture the Flag."

Note the gunpod...

Edited by Gubaba

Nothing. Wanna bet it'll be next issue's VF?

Well...it does say he's not piloting an AVF cuz it's not as fun since he's got implants. So we know he's not piloting a 19, a 22, or anything later. That just leaves a 1, 4, 3000, 5000, 9, 14, 11, and 17, or something in between.

And concerning Nicolas, he was riding in the back of his dad's VT-1 at age 3, being taught about planes by age 5, flying his dad's VT-1 by age 8, started the air racing gig by age 13, and finally joining the Vanquish racing show by age 22. So yeah, this guy grew up in the cockpit.

Concerning Magdalena Zielonaska, or "Lena", she's the daughter of a investment banker on Frontier so she is money. She's hot, according to the description, and very smart. She's the pilot of that SV-52 (technically her grandpa's SV-51) and she's likes to be flashy on the battroid segment of the race.

Well...it does say he's not piloting an AVF cuz it's not as fun since he's got implants. So we know he's not piloting a 19, a 22, or anything later. That just leaves a 1, 4, 3000, 5000, 9, 14, 11, and 17, or something in between.

And concerning Nicolas, he was riding in the back of his dad's VT-1 at age 3, being taught about planes by age 5, flying his dad's VT-1 by age 8, started the air racing gig by age 13, and finally joining the Vanquish racing show by age 22. So yeah, this guy grew up in the cockpit.

Concerning Magdalena Zielonaska, or "Lena", she's the daughter of a investment banker on Frontier so she is money. She's hot, according to the description, and very smart. She's the pilot of that SV-52 (technically her grandpa's SV-51) and she's likes to be flashy on the battroid segment of the race.

Other than outright purchases from the military, I wonder what ties these new pilots have to the previous or present characters other Macross series.

Nicolas, could be the the pilot of the VF-9.

Lastly, who is the pilot of the VF-19A?

Now it's my turn to issue a correction...It's "nice buddy," not "nice body." So she's a good friend. :)

If you accept that:

Su=Sukhoi

Tu=Tupolev

Me=Messerschmitt,

Then Do=Dornier.

Actually, I don't. Not because it's real world accurate, but because I don't completely trust the text rendered in roman letters in Japanese books. Especially by those writers that use Kunrei-shiki romaji or aren't romanizing Japanese in English, but some made up language.

Anyhow, I'm just joshing you. I've been planning all along to revise it to Dornier when I get around to proofreading. However, I've felt that getting the rest of it done first takes priority, and then I was waylaid by a cold. >.<

So, going back to the gun port/funnel/doohicky thingy: two pages later there's a caption for a picture of the dorsal blisters that looks like it talks about the dorsal blisters (though it could be talking about the changed head/faceplate). So, hopefully there's a few more jems of information in the article. Fingers crossed.

Other than outright purchases from the military, I wonder what ties these new pilots have to the previous or present characters other Macross series.

Probably little to no ties. Unless if we start playing the 7 degrees of separation (ie SV-52y's girl-pilot's grandfather's squadronmate knew Nora who was with Ivanov who taught Fokker who was Hikaru's sempai who is a friend of Max. And Max knows everyone and has been everywhere (except VF-X2).

Lastly, who is the pilot of the VF-19A?

VF-19A? I don't remember seeing a VF-19A yet. Did you mean VF-19EF Caliburn or VF-19ACTIVE Nothung?

please, let's not have this. I hate when everybody has to be everyone else's consin/uncle/brother/mother/etc.

Now it's my turn to issue a correction...It's "nice buddy," not "nice body." So she's a good friend. :)

I can't actually read Japanese, but I'm I'm pretty sure he's right on this one :p

4-EP3.jpg

VF-19A? I don't remember seeing a VF-19A yet. Did you mean VF-19EF Caliburn or VF-19ACTIVE Nothung?

It shows up twice in the 2nd Macross the Ride piece Graham posted in this thread (February issue), on half of the title spread (behind the VF-19ACTIVE) and on p143 right below the diagram of the race track. It's labeled VF-19A, and it's clearly got the pre-redesign body.

Here's the scans of all 6 pages of the latest installment of 'Macross the Ride' from the new March 2011 issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine (out today).

Notice the SV-52y Oryol model kit has rear-swept canards, whereas the lineart has forward swept canards.

Other changes from the SV-51 that I can see, as well as the feather-like outboard ailerons and new head that sketchley mentioned are:

Graham

I am loving the character designs. Best ones since SDFM... B))

So, going back to the gun port/funnel/doohicky thingy: two pages later there's a caption for a picture of the dorsal blisters that looks like it talks about the dorsal blisters (though it could be talking about the changed head/faceplate). So, hopefully there's a few more jems of information in the article. Fingers crossed.

Finished the parts of the article indicated in the quote (added to the I-net, too). The parts on the top of the engine nacelles are a "suction system". So, the blisters on the dorsal surface are definitely not part of the thrust reverse system.

Finished the parts of the article indicated in the quote (added to the I-net, too). The parts on the top of the engine nacelles are a "suction system". So, the blisters on the dorsal surface are definitely not part of the thrust reverse system.

so it's a vacume cleaner then? :huh:

well, at least we know it's not a gun either.

Only if one considers the suction from the main intakes as a kind of super hoover... :rolleyes:

Anyhow, finished a bit more of the translation. I'm a bit surprised about the main purpose of all the little flaps at the wing tips. But, as a racing plane, it kinda makes sense.

Oh come on, don't tease me like that! Are they for gust-alleviation, asymmetric-drag-yaw-control, or what? Please don't tell me they're a fancy lap-counter...

I so want it to be that last one. :lol:

BTW; the "suction system" bits are directly above two circular openings on the chest in battroid mode. Perhaps they're related?

sv-51-battroid.gif

How does the Lift Fan for the SV-51 work?

Is it a Dedicated Third engine like the Russian VTOL system or some kind of electric or shaft driven system?

I would assume they're a pair of lift fans driven by some sort of electrical motor. They just seem too flat to fit a full jet engine (even OTM engines) and given the transformation I don't see how you could run a shaft from the engines to the VTOL fans. ;)

Completed pretty much all that I want to complete in the Eps 3 "Spiral Blue" translation.

I've actually become quite interested in what the character and glossary sections in the preceding issues say.

And for the record:

(...) She is the owner of a pretty nice-looking body.