VF21 FastPacks

pfunk

Well, here goes.

read Grahams review also incase I missed anything

1)Packaging typical Yamato

2)initial responce is WOW, this thing looks awesome

3)Fast Pack are prone to fall off (exspecially the larger ones on the lower body)

4)BITCH to transform. Getting the legs in where they are suppossed to go is a nightmare and a bad design, you have to bend the legs at the knee to get them out of the fuselage.

5)getting everything to align right in fighter mode is a painstaken process It is possible with a lot of patience. The 1st time i did it, I accedently pulled a pin out of where the intake pins to the body, and it took a long time to get it back in without breaking anything and also getting the intakes right requires transforming diferently then in the instructions. I put the legs in 1st and make sure that the intakes are level with the rest of the plane before going any further

6) the hips on mine are very loose, i mean the legs flop all over the place. I plan on taking them apart and modifying them to work correctly

I love the looks of the plane and basically the main reason why I have it is to complete my growwing collection. I believe Quality Control at Yamato leaves something to be desired. I definatly wouldnt want this item in the hands of a child as it would be broke within 5 minutes. Other than that I think its a good sculpt and faithfull to the anime

Crazy. My Fast Packs NEVEr fall off. Especially the lower leg panels.

And transforming is complicated, but not terribly bad. The leg is designed to bend at the knee after all.

My one complaint, and major disagreement from Graham's review, is that there's more than enough room for folding landing gear to be put on the Fast Pack panels. In fact, looks like there's MORE room on the FP than on the normal leg covers! But undoutedly a cost saving measure. Best bet (and more realistic) would be to have just doors on the FP covers and a telescoping real landing gear, but that would be complicated and unwieldy on a 1/72 scale toy.

And I like the color, but it would have been more appropriate to a VF-X 2 VF-22S that I hope Yamato will do one day. ;)

• 1 year later...

Hi!

I got mine and have super floppy hips as well. Also, my lower panel FPs are loose like yours. Did you have problems mounting the trigger finger hands? I didnt have the problems Graham seemed to have.... Mine was missing one of the large panel screw covers in teh box, so thats kinda lame.

Also, Grahams preview shows that it was gonna come with a -22S head and canopy to replace it with if you liked, but how come they abandoned that?

I swear, i have the exact same YF-21FP as Prometheum. One screw cover is missing and the hips are loose.

you probably got sold a used toy as new. yamato boxes aren't really sealed making it way too easy to sell them as MISB....especially if you scored it off ebay.

The new sculpt is better but it really doesn't honor the impossibly sleek profile of the "real" thing. In regards to the landing gear, aren't the wheels supposed to come out of the wings or wing roots instead of the fuselage, as it did in the anime?

• 3 weeks later...