It Lives...

captain america

John, one question!

I'm looking at the first picture you posted where the masters are glued to the acrylic base. What technique do you use to create the silicone molds? It seems you don't use clay to make a two parts mold (fill one half first, demold, fill the other half)??? How do you extract the masters from the silicone?

Inquiring minds want to know :D

Happy new year!!!!

I'm kind of a huge Legioss fan. I remember before I ever signed up as a member coming to this site and eyeballing the early pics.

pretty much the same for me, though my taste for the LEGIOSS design has rather weakened considerably over these years,

especially after having a TOYNAMI ROBOTECH MPC SCOTT BERNARD ALPHA slowly disintegrate on me a few years back... :angry:

Edited by Shaorin

pretty much the same for me, though my taste for the LEGIOSS design has rather weakened considerably over these years,

especially after having a TOYNAMI ROBOTECH MPC SCOTT BERNARD ALPHA slowly disintegrate on me a few years back... :angry:

Get CM's Legioss/Tread set. It's a great toy, if you don't mind smaller chest/intakes and longer nosecone when compared against the lineart.

John's kit will blow all current legioss representations out of the water!!!

John, one question!

I'm looking at the first picture you posted where the masters are glued to the acrylic base. What technique do you use to create the silicone molds? It seems you don't use clay to make a two parts mold (fill one half first, demold, fill the other half)??? How do you extract the masters from the silicone?

Inquiring minds want to know :D

Happy new year!!!!

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. Nope, I never use clay because it would just create a very messy seam line which I consider unacceptable from a detail perspective. I just pour the silicone rubber over the parts and then surgically extricate them with a sharp X-acto blade and a little elbow grease.

I've been cutting molds so large I need to use surgical spreaders. Even with them the hand cramps are the worst.

I've gotta get a vacuum and pressure tank set up going.

Oh yeah, been there done that, got the Ben Gay! The bigger the mold and harder the rubber, the harder it is to actually cut into it and there was this one time when I slipped and, well... The rest of the story involves 5 stitches to my right hand! Thankfully I've learned how to make things easier on myself in the last 15 years; I was running out of spare body parts! :lol:

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. Nope, I never use clay because it would just create a very messy seam line which I consider unacceptable from a detail perspective. I just pour the silicone rubber over the parts and then surgically extricate them with a sharp X-acto blade and a little elbow grease.

Thanks for your answer John.

Wow!!! I imagine all the precision and hard work needed to reach the most complicated parts!

Hi guys, just a little update to cap off the week.

Most of the parts for installment 1 are done, and I just have a few miscellaneous items left, like the missiles. Shipping should begin in the next 2-3 weeks. Also, I just want to make it official that the Beast project is now closed, meaning that only the agreements that have been filled-out and returned as of yesterday will be filled.

I'll post again once kits start to ship so that you know when to expect your kits ^_^

Most of the parts for installment 1 are done, and I just have a few miscellaneous items left, like the missiles. Shipping should begin in the next 2-3 weeks. Also, I just want to make it official that the Beast project is now closed, meaning that only the agreements that have been filled-out and returned as of yesterday will be filled.

I'll post again once kits start to ship so that you know when to expect your kits ^_^

:(

Fantasmic!

oooh, got in just under the wire :p

Thanks!

UNSpacy

Great news can't wait for kit :rolleyes:

SD

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to give you all a heads-up that Installment 1 of the Legioss is now ready to ship. A few packages will be going out today, with the remainder on Thursday & Friday! :D

It took me a little longer than I'd hoped because I was also prepping some parts/packaging for Installment 2, which will kick-off Feb 1st.

Hi guys!

Just wanted to know that as per our agreement, the two month interval has lapsed since part 1 kicked-off, and I'm now commencing work on part 2 (the left arm.) As such, you guys can send payment now(same as for part 1); things will go a little more quickly to ship this time around, since much of the prep and scut-work is done.

Will post a quick pictorial update before the 11th.

Also, does anyone know someone that does good quality white metal casting?

:huh:

Payment #2 sent.

I know we all signed a contract, but if someone does have some life event happen and is forced to back out partway through, do you have a waiting list or might there be an opportunity for someone else to buy them out? I hope that doesn't happen to anyone, but 10 months is a long time. I wasn't certain of my fluidity so I played it safe and only requested one but kinda wanted to get two kits.

It would probably be a hassle to work out the logistics of buying partial kits and transferring the remainder of the contract, but I was just curious if it had been given any thought.

~EdIt~ Schpeeling

Edited by Ghadrack

Payment #2 sent.

I know we all signed a contract, but if someone does have some life event happen and is forced to back out partway through, do you have a waiting list or might there be an opportunity for someone else to buy them out? I hope that doesn't happen to anyone, but 10 months is a long time. I wasn't certain of my fluidity so I played it safe and only requested one but kinda wanted to get two kits.

It would probably be a hassle to work out the logistics of buying partial kits and transferring the remainder of the contract, but I was just curious if it had been given any thought.

~EdIt~ Schpeeling

As it stands, there are/were more people wanting the kit than I can furnish. Technically, the molds can handle a couple more castings, but as a policy I always leave a bit of juice in reserve in case of a mishap, lost parcel, etc. As was mentioned in the contract, there's no problem with transferring the obligation over to someone else in the event of a "situation." I'm sure that if someone needs to unload one of theirs due to unforeseen events it'll pop up here on the forums. Much easier for people to trade between themselves than have me come in as a 3rd party/fifth wheel to broker the deal.

Hey Capt.,

I got the kit in this morning, it looks great! I was wondering about the status of the instructions. Also, about the metal casting, I was recently looking at a Micro Tools catalog, there was a home metal casting kit in there. The metal they use can be melted with a simple candle flame/mini-torch and uses rubber(?) molds. I am not sure about the strengh limitations of that metal though. I only mention it because it would seem like a economical way to keep cost down for you without having to resort to an outside vendor, especially if the production run is small (20 kits?).

Also, do you plan to adapt the current fuselage parts so that it can accomodate a future folded ride-suit and pilot kit if you should decide to do so?

Leon

PS - I will send the second payment soon.