It Lives...

captain america

Hi Akim, long time no see! :)

Yup, I think I have pretty much all I need as far as visual reference. I've also added a lot of little things that weren't in the original line art, like a crew boarding ladder, access hatches, radar assembly, etc, etc. You know me, I like to put my own little touches on things ^^

Will you having a pilot figure for the plane?

I can actually re-do the artwork, no problem. What I'd really need is someone who can do excellent quality printing from a Corel Draw X4 file.

For that you'll need someone like JT or JBot.

For that you'll need someone like JT or JBot.

Are they members here?

Re: Inbits. Even in scale with my 1/32 kit, a Gurab (the grape-flavored mecha) would only be about 22-23cm tall, and no where near as spendy as the armored fighter, due to the relative simplicity and low parts count. An Eager (little sand crabby thing) would be even cheaper; maybe the price of a Destroid. Once again, that's still a ways off but well within the realm of possibility.

Hey, Cap'n,

I'll admit many moons ago I considered springing for your original $500 project offering. But, as with many others, I too am not in a position to join; w/current inflation, an ailing, elder mother and 2 properties w/out tenants. I might be willing to make a 'good will' donation towards the project, just because I want to see it 'fly'!

I will say that the 'spirit' you are embodying here is the "Can Do" that America's populace needs right now. The cost & investment is steep, esp. for a niche/entertainment item, but the rewards for homegrown skilled labor & creativity--priceless & empowering.

"FSA, to Reflex Point!"

Fellas... :ph34r: I got to see this in person yesterday, and there's no words I can find to describe how incredible this is going to be. It wasn't hard convincing myself to get a second one, even after I swore I would never buy duplicate kits unless it was a variant with substantial differences. I've spent large amounts for garage kits before, some in the same price range as this one; this puts most of them to shame, even if those people did put a lot of work and research into their product (nobody on this forum). We're getting a bargain here guys.

Captain, just a small question. Did you already decide on extra parts to make the Zeta ? It would look nice a red scheme :)

Realistically, the base Eta model could be modified to make 3 other variants, the iota, Zeta, and Dark (manned) Legioss with just a few conversion parts. I don't see why a little conversion kit with new head/ride armor/pilot/decals couldn't be offered later on.

Hi guys! Quick little update for the Festivus season ^_^

-Finally refined the masters for the arms; all parts needing TLC have received it, so there will be a few minor upgrades to the masters which I will reveal in pictures before the weekend is out.

-Ordered all the screws (all 2000 of them!)

-Will begin work on the destructions first, then molds early next week.

Also, it would seem that there a few more people that would like to clime aboard the Beast ship. As it stands, I'm theoretically booked, but there are some question marks remaining, so I would ask that the following members please contact me ASAP:

-jorwar_b

-nightmareB4macross

-Silverdragon

-THOR

Thanks guys :D

Edited by captain america

Hi guys!

Sorry for my tardiness; I wanted to give a quick pre-Christmas update to show some of the little tweaks I did to the patterns.

Pic 1: here is a comparative view of the shoulder missile pod. The updated version on the left now has hydraulic actuators for the missile door. I also added a sensor housing that would be visible through a clear cover in the door (see pic 2.) I figured that something like the Legioss would have a series of sensor/cameras located at key points to overcome blind spots and provide the pilot with a more 360-degree view of the battlefield. Just one of the little details I had never gotten around to doing originally.

In pic 3, we see the main shoulder joint which I completely re-fabricated. The original was meant to be cast in white metal, but with the better resins available now, I can make a sufficiently strong hinge with resin, all while keeping the weight down. Notice the beefy 3m cap screws!

Pic 4 shows the same shoulder pod assembly, but with the new joint mechanism in place. The louvers on the back of the shoulder now have a little extra detail.

Pic 5: the hands have also been reworked somewhat. The knuckles all have little armored pads added and the palm has been re-sculpted to make positioning the gun handle a little easier.

Pic 6: one area that received the most re-working was the forearm. The original forearm missile housings were crude and underdetailed (on the right) but were completely redone along with all-new missiles. Detail was also added to the expendable countermeasure tubes atop the arm thrusters.

Last but not least, I machined out the front of the gun's targeting system and added a sensor unit that will be housed in a clear housing. Masters are currently being prepped for molding and that should be completed before the week is up.

post-632-129280580529_thumb.png

post-632-129280582165_thumb.jpg

post-632-129280586414_thumb.jpg

post-632-129280588322_thumb.jpg

post-632-129280589794_thumb.jpg

post-632-129280592815_thumb.png

post-632-129280594698_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks! Quick little update before I slide back into the incohesive babble of semi-consciousness brought about by too much food and drink. :lol:

Molding has gone exceptionally well, and over the last few days I've started the casting process. I took a pic of the masters just prior to pouring the rubber, followed by the castings made from them. Hope everyone likes blue :ph34r:

I also wanted to take the time to wish everyone a happy and prosperous new year 2011!!!! :D

post-632-129375963419_thumb.jpg

post-632-129375964826_thumb.jpg

post-632-129375966345_thumb.jpg