It Lives...

captain america

Honestly, I would feel more comfortable with 21-22. It seems that one order may not be certain.

Any way to advertise this outside MacrossWorld? I've seen kits that aren't near as nice as this will be sell for $1K plus on eBay and Yahoo Japan. I have a few of them myself. Not sure how to pull that off but I doubt you are getting a full exposure to your market here. Then again I realize there may certainly be reasons why you don't want too much exposure.

Just thinking out loud,

Carl

Any way to advertise this outside MacrossWorld? I've seen kits that aren't near as nice as this will be sell for $1K plus on eBay and Yahoo Japan. I have a few of them myself. Not sure how to pull that off but I doubt you are getting a full exposure to your market here. Then again I realize there may certainly be reasons why you don't want too much exposure.

Just thinking out loud,

Carl

Hi Carl. Indeed, too much exposure can be counter-productive. The only thing I can think of is word of mouth; if you know anyone off MW that might be interested in the kit, just direct them here. I'll leave the proverbial door open until Nov 30th.

Dammit.

Wanted one of these for ten years, and now it happens while I can't manage it. Already committed to some District 9 stuff, and my wife's losing her job next month.

Sorry John, I love your stuff to death but this one's just above my price range/cirumstances at present.

Envy you lucky sods who'll be getting them!

Neptunesurvey, holy cow, that EDF ship is amazing too. Didn't know about that. Another thing for the want and can't have list.

It would be in installments; about $140 (+ shipping) roughly every 2 months. This makes it not only more manageable for you guys, but also for me, cos that kit has over 300 pieces :wacko:

So far, it looks like we have 16 solid confirmations:

RKSC (2)

jorwar_b

Ignacio Ocamica

Codam23

neptunesurvey

Ghadrack

Thor

DarrinG

WWWMWWW (3)

Major Tom

Viceland

Valkyrie

Jadefalconguard

Hi,

Put me down for one of these puppys. I'm a big mospeada lover and would mind getting this baby. The payment plan is cool gives me time to save.

SD

As long as the installments are at least a month and a half to two months apart.....count me in....

thanks

mike

Hi Mike. Yes, 2 month intervals is the plan. While I may decide to take it upon myself to do some advance molding of certain parts, I promise to honor the 2 month interval for payments.

Oh, and happy to have you aboard :)

Hi Pat, Nightmare. Welcome aboard!

Guess what guys, it looks like we have our 20!!! :D

I'll kick the project off on Dec 1st officially, but will be doing some prepping behind the scenes until then... I also have to redo all the decals from scratch because the original file was lost, but that'll be a labor of love.

Oh, and by the way...

IT LIVES!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Yes, I'm still alive. Barely...

I've been busy doing inspection, re-engineering and re-working of some of the BEAST's details. All of which needs to be done to make this the best model I can make, and oh boy there are a lot of parts! :wacko:

I will have pics shortly detailing some of the changes I'm making to the kit, but just as a heads-up, you'll need a good quality 2 and 2.5mm Allen wrench :D

What I need from you guys ATM: send me a PM with an e-mail address that you check regularly. I will use it to send you a User Agreement that will be the back-bone for this project. This is to cover both my but and your butts because it's such a spendy and sensitive project. Still putting the finishing touches on this, but you can expect to receive it by day's end Friday.

Pics...

I've done a little machining to certain parts I felt could use some improvement. In pic 1, I've opted to remodel the forearm missile housings so as to allow for slightly larger warheads.

Pic 2: testing and fitting of parts, to make sure everything goes together as it should, and try to pick up on any shortcomings I may have missed 8 years ago.

Pics 3 & 4: STEEL HARDWARE' BABY!!! In stead of using punier, wimpier Walthers brass bits, I opted to go for full steel 3m hardware throughout the kit. This will not only make the model rock-solid, but will also stay within the sturdy, over-designed look that the Legioss is famous for. Most screws will be hidden, but the ones that are visible won't detract from the kit one bit, thanks to the strategic use of countersunk screws.

You can also see in pic 4 that certain parts are being rebuilt entirely; the originals just weren't cutting it with regards to tolerances.

Pics 5 & 6: the enlarged missile bay and new missiles, respectively. Detail will be added and refined in due course.

That is all. Carry on :ph34r:

post-632-129124182187_thumb.jpg

post-632-129124183869_thumb.jpg

post-632-129124185038_thumb.jpg

post-632-129124191154_thumb.jpg

post-632-129124192452_thumb.jpg

post-632-12912419368_thumb.jpg

Hoa...this thing will be HUGE, HUGE I tell ya :wacko:

It looks like it'll be poseable ?

Looking forward to the rest of the pics.

regards.

G.

You'll have the ability to pose the kit however you like and make a few adjustments here/there, but I would advise against constantly trying to change the pose, as it will loosen the joints over time. Think model, not toy ^_^

Oh yes, it's f%$*ing huge :mellow:

Hi Captain America,

Your project is the Graal for all people who loves Mospeada.

Congratulations.

I think you have all what you need about legioss pics, isn't it?

Hi Akim, long time no see! :)

Yup, I think I have pretty much all I need as far as visual reference. I've also added a lot of little things that weren't in the original line art, like a crew boarding ladder, access hatches, radar assembly, etc, etc. You know me, I like to put my own little touches on things ^^

Hi Akim, long time no see! :)

Yup, I think I have pretty much all I need as far as visual reference. I've also added a lot of little things that weren't in the original line art, like a crew boarding ladder, access hatches, radar assembly, etc, etc. You know me, I like to put my own little touches on things ^^

Yes, long long time...:)

Your art is always perfect ;)

For the fun legioss

Your Legioss pics are great, i can't wait for updates...

Looking awesome, Captain. Any chance you could show how you create some of these parts from scratch, start to finish? Or maybe there's another thread elsewhere that does?. I'm curious what steps you go through and what materials you use to scratchbuild.

Looking awesome, Captain. Any chance you could show how you create some of these parts from scratch, start to finish? Or maybe there's another thread elsewhere that does?. I'm curious what steps you go through and what materials you use to scratchbuild.

If you do a little search for threads I've started in the past here in the modeling section, I'm sure you'll find quite a few that describe my building procedures & materials I use. It's pretty much all the same, only the final shapes differ slightly :D

Ok, for those of you who have contracted in, the down-payment will go as follows:

-$140 per kit ordered.

-Shipping North-America: 1 kit = $19.00. 2-3 kits: $32.00

-Shipping International: $40.00

-Transaction fee: 3% (downpayment(s) plus shipping multiplied by 1.03 will give you your total)

IMPORTANT: do NOT, I repeat, do NOT send funds until you have reviewed and returned the agreement as requested.

For info on that agreement and how to get things going, refer to post #92. If anyone needs me, I'll be having a snack in my office ^_^

Edited by captain america