Need help designing a custom toy

zanderwitaz

Hi everyone, I'm an industrial design student working on my graduation project and I've decided to design a toy in hopes to someday be a toy designer. I haven't decided if it is going to be a macross/gundam/star wars/gi joe etc toy yet, but I need people to answer 10 quick multiple choice questions to help me decide exactly what I should design.

I also do not have friends with children, and I know a lot of you do which would help me even more.

If all goes well, I will post the final concept development here, and possibly even the finished product/model after next quarter. Thanks for the help!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VPB8WVZ

oh, and I would love to hear your ideas/dream toy, so post it up! I have to make something, so theres a chance your idea might help get it made!

Edited by zanderwitaz

I think asking here, you're gonna get tons of different ideas on what someone would like to see made. Any idea on the complexity of the toy you're making? Transformable, posable, etc, and out of what type of material? As for my wish lists, I'd just like to see 1/60 posable Meltrandi figures, with good posablility, sturdy joints, and accessoies. It'd also be cool to have a set of different faces and maybe hair so that there can be a mulititude of different soldiers. That would be great for a manufacturer, because the consumer is gonna want the ability to make different characters, and would help in the double dipping/triple dipping effect. Just my $0.02