Variable Fighter Master File VF-1 Valkyrie Space Wing

Talos

Since this is up on HMV now (link below) and is listed as shipping this Saturday, 10/30, I thought it would be a good time to get the discussion thread rolling.

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/3925174

Looks to be covering the FAST packs, the Armored units, and the VF-1X.

Anyone else preorder this one already?

EDIT:

HLJ link: http://www.hlj.com/product/SOF35694

Edited by Talos

I don't know... if the polls are anything to go by, I'd expect a VF-25 book fairly soon. Of course, there's an almost equal chance that it'll be a VB-6 themed book; or another VF-1.

Nevertheless, the good news is that the pace of these publications is steadily increasing.

I don't know... if the polls are anything to go by, I'd expect a VF-25 book fairly soon. Of course, there's an almost equal chance that it'll be a VB-6 themed book; or another VF-1.

Nevertheless, the good news is that the pace of these publications is steadily increasing.

Agreed. I remember when the VF-19 book came out (after being delayed for months), people were wondering what the next books would be and others were quickly saying, "We're not likely to see anymore after this, much less a VF-XX or VF-YY book." etc. Glad to see them picking it up, though. I'm hoping to see some alternate weapons modules for the FAST packs, beyond the missile pod and beam cannon we know from canon sources (SDF TV and DYRL?, that is)

Agreed. I remember when the VF-19 book came out (after being delayed for months), people were wondering what the next books would be and others were quickly saying, "We're not likely to see anymore after this, much less a VF-XX or VF-YY book." etc. Glad to see them picking it up, though. I'm hoping to see some alternate weapons modules for the FAST packs, beyond the missile pod and beam cannon we know from canon sources (SDF TV and DYRL?, that is)

I should clarify my original post: the poll I'm basing my logic on is the one that appeared in the most recent Macross Ace; not any that appeared herein MW.

Just checked the "usual websites" (as it was stated to be released today, I was planning a shopping trip tomorrow, and wanted to know what the cover would be), and the release date has been pushed back to the last third of November (all sites except Yamato, for some reason).

This website: http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/amiami/bok-3333.html

even gives a specific date: November 26*

*exact line is "planned sales date changed from 10.30 to 11.26"

• 3 weeks later...

Alright... there are now two dates being listed. >.<

Yahoo: 10.11.26

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/amiami/bok-3333.html

HMV: 10.12.17

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/3925174

The majority of websites that I checked listed the former (or nebulous "November"). HMV is the only one giving a date in December.

Argh!

Since I have mine preordered with HMV, they sent me an email a couple days ago saying it was delaying until the 17th. I forgot to post it here. Whoops. :lol:

I doubt it's going to be in November. We're coming up quick on the 26th. I just hope it comes out this year. (fingers crossed for 17 December)

• 3 weeks later...

Gah! When is this book being released??? The publisher's homepage says 12.22, others still read 12.25. Now January release is appearing on HMV?!?!

A couple of other sites are consistent, albiet with a new date: 12.28. @.@

/annoyed/

Gah! When is this book being released??? The publisher's homepage says 12.22, others still read 12.25. Now January release is appearing on HMV?!?!

A couple of other sites are consistent, albiet with a new date: 12.28. @.@

/annoyed/

According to HMV, my copy shipped... (have to figure out how to use EMS tracking. They gave me a number)

Also, the 12/28 date has been on a few sites for most of the month already.

I stopped by the book store today and picked it up.

FAIR WARNING: I haven't attempted to actually READ any of it. Like, AT ALL. I've only looked at the pretty, pretty pictures.

Basic Information: It covers both the Super and Strike Valks and the Armored Valk. There are several slight variants of the FAST Packs, including one that is just arm and leg armor. The Armored Valks all have the same GBP-1S system, but there are some rather nice color variations. There's also a section for the VT-1 and VE-1, and the VF-1X/P (???).

The rest of the book seems like a grab-bag of stuff. Several narratives about Valkyries in action, a detailed description of the transformation system, a "reproduction" of the original VF-1 flight manual (listed as being for "VF-1A, B, and J"), and of course, more Squadron Markings. They also have a section on Valkyrie geneaology, 2011-2030, which shows a cover for Variable Fighter Master File: VF-4 Lightning III, VF-3000 Crusader, VF-5000 Starmirage...upcoming release or cruel joke?

The art is, like before, something of a mixed bag, but generally nice.

Simply put, if you got the other ones, you know what to expect here. And if you liked them, you'll probably like this.

(And kudos to whoever designed the paint scheme for the Apollo Moon Base-based "SVF-124 Moon Shadows." Very striking!)

Edited by Gubaba