Old YF-19 model

Rodavan

I found an old model , and started to "fix" , I looked all my references and can't find any good info on landning gear - if you have info please post -- still improving shape ...so lots to do on this one

I haven't seen any YF-19 landing gear pictures except for this one, but I remember someone once said it was an unofficial drawing. I'm not even sure where this picture comes from. It could very well be fan-made for all I know. But that's all I got.

post-114-12876067873_thumb.jpg

Mr March - thx will use that for front , the back landing gear is still a bit of mistery except for front views I have seen

frothymug - Only seen movie , will see if I can find ep2

Maybe I should ask our modelkit guys if they can take a photo of landing gear of a Hasegawa YF 19 model kit ?

Mr March - Thx

Talos - thx I can use the image of the back landing gear , I also got some images of F18 landing gear ... very similar

some update - "body shape, wings and leg area re-done sofar

post-736-128799011025_thumb.jpg

post-736-128799012265_thumb.jpg

post-736-128799013625_thumb.jpg

post-736-128799014663_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rodavan

Definitely! That's the sort of thing that stood out for me in the Master File. Overall, it's well done. There's some small quibbles of course, but nothing's perfect. As an example of coolness, they named and described all the weapons on the cover of This is Animation Special: Macross Plus...

• 2 weeks later...

Sheesh, why wasn't that book around when I made my old flight sim model?

Funny though, I don't think those main gear even resemble the anime. They look decently designed, but I don't think the gear originally had that F-18 style bend.

I had a newer set worked out for an updated flight sim version in Gmax once, but that was for MS Combat Sim 3, which uses Gmax only, and I never made a 3DS Max version.

• 1 month later...

Some update - redone whole leg , not finished , but enough to show progress .I have redone his leg about 8 times in the last 2 days ..... been on holiday for a week now , rained for 5 days .. so I get time for Macross

Modelled in Rhino - Render Cinema4d

post-736-129296554683_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rodavan

it´s very cool!!!I like the way you "paint" the leg!! could you by any chance send that model to my e-mail??not the finished and more elaborated model....just the old one....I have no skills on modeling and I realy need a model like that for what I´m planning....

• 2 weeks later...

maxi - Sorry .. I don't give out unclomplete models , you can ask Chronocidal , he gave me a very good model to look @ a few years ago , if he agrees I will give you a copy of his YF-19 which is on the best I have seen.

Tried the combination that Talos had in drawings he supplied , it still needs some detail , but we will get there ...I hope

post-736-129405012349_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rodavan

maxi - Sorry .. I don't give out unclomplete models , you can ask Chronocidal , he gave me a very good model to look @ a few years ago , if he agrees I will give you a copy of his YF-19 which is on the best I have seen.

Tried the combination that Talos had in drawings he supplied , it still needs some detail , but we will get there ...I hope

It's looking really good, Rodovan. ^_^ Oh, how I wish I could 3d model like that!

Oh please feel free to pass that model around, I've found it all over the net in various forms over the years. :lol:

Just be warned, that one is 100% Hasegawa based. It's a nice aircraft model, but you will have serious trouble if you try to transform it. It's also fairly low poly for this day and age. I've got an in progress update to it, but it's been on my virtual shelf for a couple years now with no progress. It's meant to be for FSX, but I kind of fell away from my modeling hobby near the end of college. I really should pick it back up again.

That leg looks incredible by the way. :D

I haven't seen any YF-19 landing gear pictures except for this one, but I remember someone once said it was an unofficial drawing. I'm not even sure where this picture comes from. It could very well be fan-made for all I know. But that's all I got.

FYI, that pic comes from either the box of the Bandai 1/100 VF-19Kai or Bandai 1/100 VF-19S plamodel kits from 1995 (I forget which). It is printed on the inside of the box. At the time it lead a great many people into thinking that Bandai was going to release a YF-19 model kit.

Graham

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...