The Ghostbusters III Thread.

UN Spacy

Eh, I think Bill Murray is pulling back because he doesn't want this thing to suck.

When I think about Indy 4 I almost want to forget the entire series. I don't want to think the same thing about Ghostbusters.

Bill Murray (and some of the others, IIRC) weren't too happy with the second one. Whether or not he joins in depends on the script. Hopefully, if he does get involved, this will be a sign of quality. Either way, it doesn't matter how good it is; it still won't equal the first.

• 1 year later...

Bill Murray (and some of the others, IIRC) weren't too happy with the second one. Whether or not he joins in depends on the script. Hopefully, if he does get involved, this will be a sign of quality. Either way, it doesn't matter how good it is; it still won't equal the first.

Whaaaa? The mood slime in New York was a great story, lol. Yeah well I don't see why they don't reboot this franchise like everything else. Look at Spiderman, Superman, Incredible Hulk, etc; they're rebooting those franchises like....every other month and no one seems to have a problem with it...

I love Ghostbusters: the first movie, The Real Ghostbusters...yeah.

But this has gotten pathetic. Seeing Dan Akyroyd (Ray, my 2nd favourite Ghostbuster after Egon) keep trying to drag this project back into the spotlight, when it's clear so very few are interested, when something like this rarely turns out well, when there's already that game, when Billy Murray says no...it's a farce. I've got the standard complaints against the "remake culture", but in this case the extra patheticness makes it even worse.

I love Ghostbusters: the first movie, The Real Ghostbusters...yeah.

But this has gotten pathetic. Seeing Dan Akyroyd (Ray, my 2nd favourite Ghostbuster after Egon) keep trying to drag this project back into the spotlight, when it's clear so very few are interested, when something like this rarely turns out well, when there's already that game, when Billy Murray says no...it's a farce. I've got the standard complaints against the "remake culture", but in this case the extra patheticness makes it even worse.

Solution: Have Wes Anderson direct/co-write. Bill Murray will be sure to follow, plus the new recruits can be Owen Wilson & Jason Schwartzman = Sequencial win!

• 3 months later...

Solution: Have Wes Anderson direct/co-write. Bill Murray will be sure to follow, plus the new recruits can be Owen Wilson & Jason Schwartzman = Sequencial win!

would be awesome! I mean, you don't even need ghosts for that movie. It'll be all about how the new recruits cope with the old farts trying to relive their glory days of saving NYC from the supernatural. There has to be a scene where Owen Wilson decides to say, "frakk this crap!" and tries to leave and Jason convinces him to stay by making him wear the suit and Bill Murray lets them cross the streams while wasted. All's well again until Gwyneth Paltrow, Venkman and Dana's lovechild decides to stay in the firehouse trying to reconnect with her father and the two compete for her affection. Who needs ghosts?

would be awesome! I mean, you don't even need ghosts for that movie. It'll be all about how the new recruits cope with the old farts trying to relive their glory days of saving NYC from the supernatural. There has to be a scene where Owen Wilson decides to say, "frakk this crap!" and tries to leave and Jason convinces him to stay by making him wear the suit and Bill Murray lets them cross the streams while wasted. All's well again until Gwyneth Paltrow, Venkman and Dana's lovechild decides to stay in the firehouse trying to reconnect with her father and the two compete for her affection. Who needs ghosts?

Who needs Ghosts? It'd be a wasted opportunity to "NOT" have George Clooney as the ultimate ghostly evil!

Either way, it doesn't matter how good it is; it still won't equal the first.

Despite the Crayola-quality special effects no one can deny how great the first movie is; just saw it a coupla nights ago and remembered just how good it was for its time and now...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

My problem is that you've got the director and two of the stars behind Bridesmaids heading up this thing, and that was a shite movie. Granted, I think most comedies these days are pretty bad. All female is fine with me, just not with this personnel.

Personally, I don't mind the all female crew either. However, I've never found Wiig very funny, and I think McCarthy's been typecast over the last couple years. Don't really know the other 2.

What bothers me more is whether it's a hard reboot. Despite the lackluster sequel, ghostbusters is a strong enough brand to support the notion of multiple teams across the country. With their successes in the first 2 films, GB could easily go national, recruiting scientists who didn't get tenure, do to their wacky paranormal theories.

For that matter, the events of 1&2 would have created a lot of verifiable data, lending paranormal research renewed legitimacy.

These gals could be the west coast team, or even replacing the NY team, since Egon's death & Peter's dramatic retirement. Just don't reboot the whole thing with a new origin story...

Edited by Kelsain

My problem is, except for a few notable exceptions, I simply don't find women to be funny. And as Duke pointed out you add in the fact it's the director and two of the women from Bridesmaids, that we know was TERRIBLE, there's no incentive to even try it.