Jump to content

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Call sign Gander...

What's good enough for the Goose is good enough for the......   Too soon?  Was about to say AFLAC has been, "serving the military for over 75 years," but that is Geico.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, peter said:

I hope they get the bad guy fighters right this time around.

LOL! Mig-28 forever!!

Related image

I would like a more accurate HUD...

Edited by slide
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

::cough MiG-33's cough::   I'm sure they'll be F-18A's painted in shark-camo, and the audience can't tell them from an 18F...

Lol, yeah probably....though that would be REALLY bad. At least Top Gun used easily noticeably different aircraft for the MiG’s in that movie.

Chris

edit: How many victories did Maverick have in the first movie? I can’t remember. Was it 3? If so the the silhouette’s are wrong.

Edited by Dobber
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2018 at 5:08 PM, David Hingtgen said:

::cough MiG-33's cough::   I'm sure they'll be F-18A's painted in shark-camo, and the audience can't tell them from an 18F...

*COUGH*MiG-28's...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2018 at 3:08 PM, David Hingtgen said:

::cough MiG-33's cough::   I'm sure they'll be F-18A's painted in shark-camo, and the audience can't tell them from an 18F...

No I think he shot down 3xF-18s.  Maverick's training methods.   If you can dodge a sidewinder, you can dodge a ball....

I'm really curious on how they will portray Iceman.  I wonder if we can get some real opposition this time, SU-37s, may be Mig 29s.  They can be Russian or North Koreans, but not Chinese, because the China movie market is huge... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So.. what you're saying is we should merge franchises, and this is actually Stealth II? :ph34r: 

Now that just reminds me of someone's suggested Jurassic Park far-future sequel:

Quote

Millions of years in the future, the dinosaurs have taken over the world, and driven humanity to extinction.

Somewhere in a secret lab, the dinosaur geneticists discover human DNA in a mosquito.

SURPRISE!  It's Jeff Goldblum's DNA!  But they can't separate the human DNA from the mosquito DNA.

DOUBLE SURPRISE!! It's now a sequel to The Fly!!

:p 

Edited by Chronocidal
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, slide said:

*COUGH*MiG-28's...

Nah, can't be -28's, the audience needs something newer, with a higher number, to be impressed.  Gotta be at least MiG-30's or something.  :D 

And just wait---this will turn out to only be Maverick's FIRST plane.  By the end of the movie, he'll get a new FB-18H Super DUPER Hornet. With FAST packs:

main-qimg-b5daf653f3a1a638dc72ed54b87eab

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Nah, can't be -28's, the audience needs something newer, with a higher number, to be impressed.  Gotta be at least MiG-30's or something.  :D 

And just wait---this will turn out to only be Maverick's FIRST plane.  By the end of the movie, he'll get a new FB-18H Super DUPER Hornet. With FAST packs:

main-qimg-b5daf653f3a1a638dc72ed54b87eab

 

Is that thing carrying all those pods at once?   I guess I can see that, mount two over the wings, two more on the FAST pack, two under the wing, and what the hell, that thing on the centerline could make it seven.  Let's see, if we take option one, six pods equals to 24xAMRAAMs.  Itano circus anyone?

Although that needs to happen  before his backseater activates the centerline pods and call for the drones.  :ph34r:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2018 at 10:17 PM, Roy Focker said:

I wonder if they'll have him doing a stunt where he's outside his fighter jet trying to launch a missile by kicking it loose.

Lol holy sh!t this had me rolling hahaha

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sildani said:

It can carry one pod on the centerline and one under each wing. 

Then the Navy isn't trying hard enough. That's a hard cap of 21 missiles. Barely enough for one shot.

Edited by JB0
Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly, they need to be able to mount at least seven of those pods to make it worth while.  Like I said, two over the FAST pack tanks on the Rhinos, may be two more on top of the wings, and two beneath.  Then the cernerline pod.  Please remember, we're talking Hollywood here, you can never have enough missile pods or missiles, or Mig 28s.   And by the way, why is this a Navy fighter without carrying Harpoons or SLAM-ERs.

Just utterly unconscionable, next you'll tell me that the air launched Tomahawks are too big to fit into those pods.  :clapping:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

Exactly, they need to be able to mount at least seven of those pods to make it worth while.  Like I said, two over the FAST pack tanks on the Rhinos, may be two more on top of the wings, and two beneath.  Then the cernerline pod.  Please remember, we're talking Hollywood here, you can never have enough missile pods or missiles, or Mig 28s.   And by the way, why is this a Navy fighter without carrying Harpoons or SLAM-ERs.

Just utterly unconscionable, next you'll tell me that the air launched Tomahawks are too big to fit into those pods.  :clapping:

And then it needs a railgun pod when the drones activate mega-ultra ECM.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • azrael changed the title to Top Gun: Maverick (Top Gun 2 is comin)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...