9 hours ago, Marzan said:

Old men in jets. Well this will end well.

Didn't Iron Eagle 4 sort of do that too, Just with classic warbirds?

Chris

8 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

As easy as this is to pick on, Cruise (IMO) hasn't made a truly bad action movie in a very long time.

He's earned a pass in my book, at least until the trailers start to roll out.

-b.

Jack Reacher two was bad.  A pity since the first one was a decent action flick.  My problem with Top Gun is due to it being from his competition movie phase - and I HATED all of those movies. 

1 hour ago, Dynaman said:

Jack Reacher two was bad.  A pity since the first one was a decent action flick.  My problem with Top Gun is due to it being from his competition movie phase - and I HATED all of those movies. 

Well that sucks. I haven't seen the second Jack Reacher, but the first one was decent.

So 1 out of however many isn't that bad. :lol:

-b.

I'm one of the few people who didn't like the first Jack Reacher movie, although I've liked all of Cruise's other recent movies.

I thought the plot of Jack Reacher was stupidly convoluted...........

From what I remember, woman wants to sell dead husbands construction company, then she changes her mind and decides she wants to keep it. The people who were going to buy it from her decided to kill her, as if her death looks accidental, they'll still get her company.............So they decided to have a sniper kill her and several other people at the same time to make it look like she was a random victim of a mass shooting spree and at the same time they go to all the trouble of framing a former army sniper to make it look like he was the shooter. I mean sheesh, there's gotta be simpler ways of making a death look accidental, such as a vehicular hit and run or pushing her off a bridge and making it look like a suicide or something, I mean it's likely the most over-complicated plan ever to make a death look accidental

• 4 weeks later...

Tom Cruise’s ‘Top Gun’ Sequel Gets July 2019 Release Date

Paramount Studios has given Tom Cruise’s “Top Gun” sequel a July 12, 2019, release date.

Variety reported on May 24 that Joseph Kosinski — who directed Cruise in “Oblivion” — was the frontrunner to direct “Top Gun 2” for Paramount and Skydance Pictures.

Skydance CEO David Ellison and Jerry Bruckheimer, who produced the 1986 original, will produce with Cruise. This latest project will be set in a world of drone technology and fifth generation fighters and explore the end of an era of dogfighting.

Cruise said recently that the title would be “Top Gun: Maverick.”

The movie is the first title to land on the July 12, 2019, release date. It will open a week after Sony’s “Spider-Man: Homecoming” sequel.

The original film, directed by the late Tony Scott and set at the Navy’s Fighter Weapons School at Miramar Naval Air Station in San Diego, was a massive hit with more than $350 million in worldwide grosses. Val Kilmer, Kelly McGillis, Tom Skeritt and Anthony Edwards also starred in the original and Kilmer has said he’d like to return for the sequel in the role of Tom “Iceman” Kazanski

Only reason I remember that movie is because Cruise and Diaz appeared on Top Gear together and Cruise almost rolled over while driving the Reasonably Priced Car. 

5 hours ago, Sildani said:

Only reason I remember that movie is because Cruise and Diaz appeared on Top Gear together and Cruise almost rolled over while driving the Reasonably Priced Car. 

Top Gear: Definitely not Days of Thunder 

I don't think this is going to be that good. I only like the director's choice of music in his films so I guess it will sound good. Perhaps with some old 80s groups. But if Tron Legacy is anything to go by the movie will be fairly empty compared to the original version but look pretty good.

I had a thought last night about the movie and just hope they aren't going to do it. Basically I just thought Maverick versus a whole bunch of drones fighting to the death since I believe that's what happened to his father. The original is a great movie with a perfect soundtrack. There really is no need to make a sequel in this day.

• 10 months later...