I had read that elsewhere but I guess the photo adds more credit to the validity... but if true isn't that a serious departure from the source material?

Lol, you might wanna read a few pages back in this thread. There was.......................a passionate discussion regarding the deviation from source material...

As for that spoiler, seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? I told you so!

Well......I dunno I'm not entirely convinced....

Edited by myk

Honestly, neither am I. Something just looks off in the pic. Guess we'll see in a few days!

Chris

Yeah, it is a selective application of standards. I like Shane and don't mind him being around plus they can still kill him but the other way around ... not like you can bring someone back.

Very true.......but in this show anyone can come back......just as a walker! Muuuwahah!!

Chris

I started watching this series and have caught up so far. the Z-Apocalypse is a frequent topic of discussion amongst my friends so I was pumped to start watching the show. Honestly, I don't know if the show is that "good" in the traditional sense. I'm not sure if i watch it because it's entertaining, or because i know right after each episode i can call my buddy up and we can critique how retarded the characters behave. I think at this point, i'm just using it as a stimulus to discuss z-apocalypse with my buddies and how we would execute a plan amongst the chaos, or putting ourselves in the place of the characters and role playing how we would've done things differently. Regardless of why i watch it, i'll keep up with it, it's the only mainstream show on television that's following this genre so there's not a whole lot of other places to turn to get a fix.

K, I just read about that spoiler in the next episode. If it is so, then it's a huge blow to another character's evolvement in the story. Then again I've accepted it's already deviated from the comic book, and to take this as whole other story.

Still 7 Episodes for this? Bit slow IMO.

Edited by Omegablue

I had read the spirited discussions and didn't chime in.

I am more concerned about what Brad Pitt's production is supposedly doing to the WW-Z story and have come up with the idea of buying Brad Pitt's life story just to get fans attention but then make a film about Woody Allen.

Sometimes things are changed for the better but as emajnthis has brought up its talking about the show that is entertaining.

It is slow...

It's what happens when a show becomes successful, they stretch it out. Happened to Lost, happened to Battlestar...

Man I wish I hadn't read the spoiler. lol How would Dale know Shane shot Otis??

Corpse with a bullet hole in it maybe?

That leaked spoiler sounded like a summary of the last couple of episodes, as Dale has already confronted Shane about Otis and his attitude in general, Maggie's already fought with Glen about the family secret and made up with him, etc, unless I'm reading into the posted article incorrectly.

It's what happens when a show becomes successful, they stretch it out. Happened to Lost, happened to Battlestar...

Corpse with a bullet hole in it maybe?

American shows, yeah. They're so driven by advertisers. They even have that lame talk show after wards to extend the time that they think companies will pay commercial seconds for. Some shows made outside the US are planned out so much better because they start off with an end date. I mean, love The Office but it's clearly overstayed it's welcome. Once the main guy decides it's enough for him, it should be enough for everyone else.

Dale has no proof Shane did what he did... it's just conjecture on his part based on what he's seen Shane do. Which is a lot scarier to Shane because it makes him wonder whether or not he's being obvious to everyone else.

Like I said before, I started enjoying it again the last 2 episodes but the build up was way too slow and now they're going on a break. If they can keep the pace or move things forward a bit better after the break then I'll be happy.

The way Shane looked crossing the field after the shooting incident, could tell that Shane wanted to drop Otis right then... better that he waited and made a good use of Otis.

Besides can easily guess that Shane is like that, he was on duty and ran while that other deputy stayed and had to be put down by Rick in episode 2.

It can't be lost on the group that no military or police survivors up to this point but here are two cops from the same town... one abandoned in a coma while the other ran.

Uhhh... Kirkman has said over and over again that he didn't want to retread over the same material. I still don't get how it's one and a half season in and you're still whining about it. I don't feel bad about you not enjoying the series because you pretty much like to torture yourself, but get over it already.

It's a good show, but your blind bias will never let you enjoy it.

I guess we all knew she was in there. Still a good episode though. Everything came to a head and the crap finally hit the fan. Pretty good presentation.

Lol I just made $10 off of the 'Dead thread at LS1tech.com, lol. I don't see why the idea of Sophia being in the barn was such an unbelievably outrageous one. I called that the minute they showed the damn barn.

Now, here's to Southland's premiere and my similarly victorious, Asian brother Glen and his plaything Maggie!

The whole twist thing was given too much of a big deal, because there larger issue was that Shane totally undermined everyone. Personally I think I would have shot Shane right before, only due to the fact that he could have been endangering everyone else. I like the fact that your bro Glen waited for Maggie's OK before he went into action.

I like the fact that your bro Glen waited for Maggie's OK before he went into action.

Errr.......All I can say is that my young Padawan.......no, my young apprentice is still learning the ways. He continues to be a girly-man but his inner-man is slowly showing itself. For example, when he put his foot down and declared to Maggie why he told his people about the barn: how he remembers the walkers are dangerous, and that he wants to look out for himself, the others and HER, it was pure genius and I definitely cried tears of joy. Seriously though, the Sophia thing was tragic. Inevitable, but tragic...

Uhhh... Kirkman has said over and over again that he didn't want to retread over the same material. I still don't get how it's one and a half season in and you're still whining about it. I don't feel bad about you not enjoying the series because you pretty much like to torture yourself, but get over it already.

It's a good show, but your blind bias will never let you enjoy it.

Regardless that I'm finding it slow, predictable, which are things that don't feed my taste buds, I'm still giving it a watch. Yes, I've been spoiled by the comic book. But logically Kirkman has to say such comments to explain his position with the fans that are still loyal to his comicbook every month. I really don't want to get back into the comparisons.

My issues have limited with the story's deviation. However it's lacking realistic intrigue, and is opting for quick finale twists, which are very cliche and used many times previously. Even you said that last scene was predictable .

And like in your opinion that it's good show, in my opinion it's not. Seriously you need to get over the people that don't fully like this show as much as you do.

of course now the question is whether or not Hershel knew about Sophia. I guess he can't say anything about her without giving the barn away...

And like in your opinion that it's good show, in my opinion it's not. Seriously you need to get over the people that don't fully like this show as much as you do.

People don't have to like it as much as I do... but to come here week after week and saying that the plot is so dumb, seems like you're out to kill the enjoyment of others and insulting to people that are experiencing it for the first time. And at the same time I'm thinking... who's the fool here? The one wasting his time with something he despises and is on a useless crusade to make people think that they should be reading the book instead? A book that no one bothered started a thread about until the TV show was announced.

I find it ironic though that you compare it to Terra Nova, which is one of the most watered down, family friendly, disappointing scifi shows ever. They go back in time to a land full of dinosaurs, where people continually sneak outside and barely get scratched by the two dinosaurs that live there. I guess without a comic book to compare it to, all of a sudden it's worthy of your supreme and analytical taste buds.

Ugh didn't we already do this a coupla pages back? We get it, the show sucks, it should be outlawed like water-boarding, the comics are TEH AWESOME....now hurry up and get here, February!

Edited by myk

of course now the question is whether or not Hershel knew about Sophia. I guess he can't say anything about her without giving the barn away...

People don't have to like it as much as I do... but to come here week after week and saying that the plot is so dumb, seems like you're out to kill the enjoyment of others and insulting to people that are experiencing it for the first time. And at the same time I'm thinking... who's the fool here? The one wasting his time with something he despises and is on a useless crusade to make people think that they should be reading the book instead? A book that no one bothered started a thread about until the TV show was announced.

I find it ironic though that you compare it to Terra Nova, which is one of the most watered down, family friendly, disappointing scifi shows ever. They go back in time to a land full of dinosaurs, where people continually sneak outside and barely get scratched by the two dinosaurs that live there. I guess without a comic book to compare it to, all of a sudden it's worthy of your supreme and analytical taste buds.

Wow, dude. And just FLOL. :)

Firstly I don't hate it. I just disagree with where it's going.Never said it's dumb. You ever come across of the theory some like it red, others blue, some both, some little bit more blue than red?

If I'm critical, is cause I want the show to be better. I loved the first 5 episodes of season 1, got it on DVD, eventhough it already deviated from comicbook. Alot happened there compared to season 2.

You say I'm bias because I'm critical? WTF to that, and I can also say you're here week after week trying to convince everyone to like it, which is also insulting to there opinion? And I also can say that I would like to kill an idiot whom cannot notice that since Frank Darabont is longer writing the show, the show's pace has flattened? But I'm not going to personally attack anyone here, because guess what, I respect the individuals that like it. But they must also respect the view of people whom are not satisfied with it.

You don't like my view, fine, but then be objective it. Convince me why I should like the show instead. Don't be childish with silly little direct attacks, and think you already have me figure out, because you never will as you're another human being with it's own completely diverse opinion.

I'm wasting time? Holy F***, look what you started...

Now if you want to carry who's view is right and not, then by all means, carry on by your self. If want to discuss about the show, awesome, I'll read your view.

Otherwise I'm done with this.

Goodbye, and peace.

Edited by Omegablue

Now what?? Maybe Rick wakes up?

I say enslave the farm people and take it over.

But it's time to make an ammo run. What a waste of ammo! Let them come out one at a time and chop their heads off.

:D

Well, at least We're Alive is starting back up in a few days.

Well, I see them finally heading off into the other direction, opposite of where Rick led them to before which was the CDC, ironically in the direction where Shane had wanted them to go. I'm going to use the Spider sense that told me about Sophia and predict that they will run into Merle and that father and son team from season 1...

He continues to be a girly-man but his inner-man is slowly showing itself.

At a glance Glen is a candy-A$$ metro-sexual until you think about it and he is has been one tough and cool dude since the start.

Yeah, Maggie seems to be his first so he is a little whipped and awkward. Which is understandable in normal situations but think about it Glen saved Rick in Atlanta first with the the radio call and then going to get him.

Glen is the group's scrounger going into Atlanta numerous times, goes into the sewer, gets the vehicles with Rick,

Rick has a sworn duty as a deputy, and a desire at that point to remain alive to find his family... Glen has no such motivation that we know of but there he is out front.

At a glance Glen is a candy-A$$ metro-sexual until you think about it

Lol, I'm just hard on Glen because I see my old self in his character and, I just want my fellow Asian brothers to rise up and not be such candy-A$$ metro's... HA!

Like Dale said... Shane is made for the apocalypse. He has all the right ideas, but he just has a crappy way of executing things. Rick is driven by his conscience too much. If the group had a shot to stay then Shane just blew it. Even if they would have let Glen stay, that out the window too.

Seems like Shane was always in love with Lorry, even before all hell broke loose.

Like Dale said... Shane is made for the apocalypse. He has all the right ideas, but he just has a crappy way of executing things. Rick is driven by his conscience too much. If the group had a shot to stay then Shane just blew it. Even if they would have let Glen stay, that out the window too.

Seems like Shane was always in love with Lorry, even before all hell broke loose.

All true. I sympathize with Rick because I get him: what's the point of living as a human if you lose your humanity and resort to animalistic, survivalist strategies like Shane? In a way you'd become an instinctual creature of survival like the Walkers. Unfortunately, this barn thing is probably going to harden Rick up; not to the survivalist level of Shane but he won't be the bleeding heart humanist that he's been.

Personally, I don't think I would have what it would take to survive in a world such as theirs, and I woulda offed myself long before they arrived at the CDC...

Edited by myk