Is Andrea annoying anyone else? I find her, teenage-like defiance (when she shot Daryl) and her team Shane blinders quite annoying. She and the others that Just love Shane so much are just kidding themselves. They seem to think that Shane is strong and Rick is weak because they "believe" that Shane is just doing what needs to be done for the group while Rick just spins his wheels and does nothing.....but Shane is only doing what needs to be done for HIM.......... and, with the exception of Lorrie and Carl, would cut any of the others loose, ala Otis, in a heart-beat. Shane has totally shed all of his humanity and is and would make the group no better than any of the numerous other dangerous groups that take what they want from anyone else. Rick moves more tactfully, and Andrea (of all people) actually said it best that Shane's presentation is all wrong. Rick had the same conclusion as Shane, he just wanted to get there more tactfully to help the groups situation and be allowed to stay. Rick really would do whatever it takes to save anyone in the group, while others just "think" Shane would.

Easy choice for me, I'd follow Rick instead of being eventual zombie bait for Shane.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

There will be a resolution to the whole Rick vs Shane thing very soon. Hopefully it will be as cool as what the spoliers make it sound. Also, I think it will be a much needed evolution for one of them..

I hope they get at least this exactly like the comic book. The resolution has a surprising deciding factor ;)

Next season casting news and it's a big one!!

http://www.deadline....as-new-regular/

Chris

Great news! Hopefully Tyreese and Michione will also be cast?

And that also crushes the rumours of Merl or Shane taking up this role... thankfully!

Edited by Omegablue

I will say that they do throw us a bit of a curve ball, as at least 2 major characters are gonna bite it, and one comes back to bite some more....Oops! Already said too much...

I am not a man of patience-link to the rumored spoilers please?

Well some ultra-cool gun would be the first thing to come to mind but then I'd imagine that ammunition would be very hard to come by. I would see any sort of firearm as being a backup weapon just because of the rarity of ammunition. I'd have to go with Daryl's crossbow or something to that effect, along with the skill to make arrows, like he apparently knows how to do...

Firstly it's gotta be someting reliable. If it don't go bang everytime I pull the trigger, it's of no use.

Secondly, its gotta have sufficient power to do enough damage to the zombie's brain to put them down with one shot. I have my doubts that a .22LR would always do enough damage to put down a zombie reliably even with a headshot.

Thirdly, it should be high capacity. If I'm swarmed by zombies I wanna have enough ammo in the gun, so that I don't have to worry about reloading often.

Fouthly, it should preferably be something which can be silenced.

For a handgun, I'd go with a high capacity 9mm, probably a Glock 17 or Glock 19 as I shot Glocks for years in IPSC and they are reliable, accurate and extremely durable. It would be fitted with night sights (meprolights or trijicons) and mount a light/laser combo, probably an Insight M6. 9mm ammo is pretty common as well.

For a long gun, probably some sort of shorty M4 with an Aimpoint or Eotech. I love the HK 417, but really any of the xzillions of brands of M4 clones would serve.

While I love shotguns and large calibre revolvers, they are just too low capacity and too slow to reload.

Graham

Slightly off topic here but what would your perfect weapon(s) in a zombie apocalypse? If you had the time and money to prepare what would they be?

Mine would be a FN PS90 with the 10.4" barrel, suppressor, a Trijicon Acog, flashlight and laser.

If you're going to pick a weapon, it depends on where you're at. That fancy gun you selected won't last you long. The ammo for that weapon isn't what I would call common in law enforcement or even military use in the USA, much less in civillian hands. And in a zombie apocalpyse? Bad, bad, bad.

For the USA, .30-06, .45 ACP, 5.56mm/.223, and 9mm I'd say would be very common. Depending on what kind of places you get to sift through like police departments or military installations, 7.62mm NATO, .40 can be easily found.

Now, for me? Due to experience and training, and ease of finding ammunition, I'd go for any full sized M-16 based weapon. I don't prefer carbines, but since the M4 family is practically the same, I have no problem using them. These weapons would be my primary. No fancy scopes or whatever. Just irons sights. Iron sights will never fail you at any situation. Tac light would be bonus.

Secondary? I almost would go .45, which wouldn't be a bad choice, but for far more common ammo and high capacity, any of the good 9mm pistols would suffice. A Glock would suffice and I've had service experience with Beretta's M9 / 92F.

And a knife also. I already have a Ka-Bar. But a bayonet for the M16 would be cool, too. A Maglight would also be nice for lumination without pointing my rifle at someone. It also is metal and sturdy, weighted enough to beat the bejezus out of anyone over the head with it.

A Glock would suffice and I've had service experience with Beretta's M9 / 92F.

I'm hoping to get into guns this year, with the Beretta M92 being my gun of choice-it's a bit big for me, but it's what I like. For the sake of the discussion though I still say melee weapons should be the primary with any sort of firearm as a desperation weapon...

In this last episode they showed the zombie skulls are relatively weak. It didn't take much effort of Rick or Shane to jam a knife right through the top of their skulls. Being that I'm trained in hand to hand I think I'd prefer a short sword, a pair of bolos or some form or Escrima Sticks. That being said, firearms and crossbows are both useful as back up/crowd control as well.

This thread may have gone off on an ah'd-pack-myself-uh tangent before; but, what the heck....

50668.jpg

and for close(er) in work:

pair.jpg

then of course, you'll need:

cudeman-bowie-knife-21309693.jpg

also always been fascinated with naginata, for more stand-off work. but I doubt that finding one would be practical, under those circumstances...

Naginata_Modern.jpg

If you're going to pick a weapon, it depends on where you're at. That fancy gun you selected won't last you long. The ammo for that weapon isn't what I would call common in law enforcement or even military use in the USA, much less in civillian hands. And in a zombie apocalpyse? Bad, bad, bad.

For the USA, .30-06, .45 ACP, 5.56mm/.223, and 9mm I'd say would be very common. Depending on what kind of places you get to sift through like police departments or military installations, 7.62mm NATO, .40 can be easily found.

Now, for me? Due to experience and training, and ease of finding ammunition, I'd go for any full sized M-16 based weapon. I don't prefer carbines, but since the M4 family is practically the same, I have no problem using them. These weapons would be my primary. No fancy scopes or whatever. Just irons sights. Iron sights will never fail you at any situation. Tac light would be bonus.

Secondary? I almost would go .45, which wouldn't be a bad choice, but for far more common ammo and high capacity, any of the good 9mm pistols would suffice. A Glock would suffice and I've had service experience with Beretta's M9 / 92F.

And a knife also. I already have a Ka-Bar. But a bayonet for the M16 would be cool, too. A Maglight would also be nice for lumination without pointing my rifle at someone. It also is metal and sturdy, weighted enough to beat the bejezus out of anyone over the head with it.

I know that the 5.7 is quite rare but like I said, if I had the time and money to prepare, I would stock up on it. Handgun wise I too wouldn't go for a .45 despite I have a 1911 as my carry weapon.

Another thing that I want to bring up is ammo availability. We say the .22lr and 9mm is the most common round out there but in a zombie apocalypse we can't just simply go to the local gun/ sporting goods store and buy/ take ammo as they will probably be all gone within weeks.

A crossbow is good weapon but it's slow on reload and weight is another issue.

Would a taser to a zombie's face kill it?

I don't think the link worked the way it was supposed to but if it did........well, I knew that was going to happen! Lol...

Last night's ep was a real showdown for who was most annoying, Dale or Carl...this episode was the first that made me want to be able to reach through the televison and smack someone, and that's really saying something with this series.

Really wasn't that sad to see Dale go. Haven't liked the character since the first season, and his "WWJD" crap last night got real old, real fast. Randall's been running with a real nasty crowd..that tends to rub off on a person. He's not some poor innocent kid that just got caught up, he's dangerous, and I don't doubt that he would kill any of them, given half a chance. Going by next week's preview(not the most unexpected turn of events), I just hope Dale's Mother Theresa act doesn't get one of the group hurt or even killed.

I've liked Rick up until this point, but if he(and Herschel) hadn't had to be so noble, and had just left the little Azzhole back in town, they wouldn't be in this situation. Leave it to Glenn to be the voice of reason, although little good it did ;)

How did Dale not see the walker when he was approaching the cow?? Was the walker laying down waiting to ambush him? lol

Yeah. The walker must've been a Battlefield 2/3 multi-player fanatic when he was a human. Stupid way to handle Dale, they could've done better than that...

Edited by myk

The followning link contains another link to a pretty big screw up that is also a pretty big spoiler:

http://insidetv.ew.c...ler-by-mistake/

Only look if you don't mind knowing what is going to happen by the end of the season.

Yeah no surprise there...that spoiler should have happened much earlier in the series.

About this past week's episode and the one before...Walkers have been shown some feats of strength, especially close to a kill.

Anyone notice in the Rick vs Shane episode when they were looking at the two security guards they just shot, Shane made the observation that neither of them had bite marks? Hint Hint Hint to what that doctor whispered to Rick at the end of season one ;)

Edited by Zor Primus

The show is off the hook now. Last few have been great and the finale is looking to be good.

I was annoyed by Laurie. After being part of the "mistake" that Shane was guilty of and being part of the wedge between him and Rick, she went on and fix things between her and Shane. It seemed to absolve her even though Rick still had to do what he had to. I already didnt like her character before that, I like Andrea more honestly.

Best part of the show... Maggie's tight pants. Watching Talking Dead and she's even sexier with her accent.

Wtf is up with the non bitten walkers???

Oy vey, what an episode. Meanwhile my aforementioned theory on what's happening with the non-bitten is about to make me some money...

Edited by myk

Yeah, last nights episode pretty much let the cat out of the bag regarding Jenner's whisper to Rick. And I got the feeling that Glenn and Daryl kinda got the clue, with that OH, CRAP look they gave each other after finishing off Randall.

Can't wait for next weeks episode...

shiz is gonna hit the fan(thanks to Carl, again)!