I'm kinda worried about the guy who cut off his hand. I can't get into it without spoilers though:

What if they make the guy who cut off his own hand the leader of the town that attacks the group in the prison? He was missing a hand after the katana chick cut it off, among other bodyparts. The guy who kept his zombiefied little girl chained in the house and had all her teeth removed so he could kiss her...

Disclaimer: I have not read the comic.

I'm a bit torn by this show. I think I have to understand the context, that they're trying to tell a story as though the characters have never considered or been aware of a "zombie" situation, despite decades of media and fiction existing on the subject. A zombie scenario these days would play out more like Zombieland, I think.

That being said, if Night of the Living Dead had never come out, and this was the first time the premise had ever been told by a film/miniseries, this show is downright excellent. Like another poster above, my wife is freaked out by the show, and it definitely hits all the right notes as far as character drama, scene setup, and the casting/directing is great. I was skeptical at first, but am now hooked.

I do have to question the choice of what to use the hack saw on in the latest episode though, since the metal rod or the small chain would probably have been more easy to cut through...

I think you have to approach these kinds of stories as if the characters have never heard of zombies. Just like Ripley has never ever heard of the type of alien she encounters in Alien. They don't even call them zombies, they call them walkers. If there was zombie lore it'd be easy just to say, "hey there's zombies and they're real now!" In a werewolf movie they hardly every say werewolf. They always say it was a giant wolf like monster! that walked like man. Usually it's only in less serious do they ever say "what? vampires exist?"

You gotta remember also that Michael Rooker's character was high on cocaine and was already a bit off kilter to begin with.

Oh man, did they get jacked up this episode. But then again, what do you expect keeping in a stationary, unprotected spot all the time? With hindsight of course, first time a Walker came over should've been warning enough to start looking elsewhere. I didn't think they'd off the younger sister this early.

Oh man, did they get jacked up this episode. But then again, what do you expect keeping in a stationary, unprotected spot all the time? With hindsight of course, first time a Walker came over should've been warning enough to start looking elsewhere. I didn't think they'd off the younger sister this early.

Indeed, you'd think they'd be more on the look out after encountering the first one. And this last episode certainly had me on the edge of my seat.

Can't wait for next weeks!

Haven't been any filler eps imo...with only 2 shows left this season they've got to keep em busy.

I agree, but with the way the episode first started out, especially considering how that bit of story played out, I figured this would be a filler episode...

Still in two minds about this show.

I'm a huge fan of the comic, have been for years.

To be honest, I'm not too keen about the way the show is deviating quite a bit from the comic.

Graham

Haven't been any filler eps imo...with only 2 shows left this season they've got to keep em busy.

Only 2 shows left!!!!!!???????

I thought it was like a 13 ep season or something?

Graham

Disclaimer: I have not read the comic.

I do have to question the choice of what to use the hack saw on in the latest episode though, since the metal rod or the small chain would probably have been more easy to cut through...

To quote another of my all-time favorite movies: "The chain in those cuffs is high-tensile steel. It'd take you ten minutes to hack through it with this. Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes. Go."

Although, I must admit, I'm not sure of the "average time" it takes to hack through a wrist or ankle with a hacksaw...but that guy was definitely pressed for time.

Still in two minds about this show.

I'm a huge fan of the comic, have been for years.

To be honest, I'm not too keen about the way the show is deviating quite a bit from the comic.

Graham

Only 2 shows left!!!!!!???????

I thought it was like a 13 ep season or something?

Graham

Hi all,

Graham, is yur PM box full? Tried to send one, and got a error message saying Member cannot use the message system? If you can send messages, will you PM me please??

Sorry to go off topic!!

another great episode tonight

I gotta say I'm glad they decided to leave that camp, I know I wouldn't have stayed there. I also wonder if Morgan and his son are still alive, I hope they are and I hope they meet up with Rick and the others. The preview for the final episode of season one should be interesting, looking forward to it.

HI all,

Just watched a DVR of last nite's ep., kinda know why noone pmed me about how things went down now... Graham, nvrmind pmming me k..... Human beings can be soooooo lacking in the imagination sometimes!

GREAT freakin show though!!!

Agreed fantastic episode...next week will be even better. Just hope the hiatus isn't too long :)

They'll probably pull a BSG on us and have us wait a couple of years or so in between seasons, just because they can...

on the EW article, it looks like it'll be debuted on Halloween again. I don't think they want to mess with their Mad Men schedule either, even though they're double the ratings number that former #1 show, I think they would want to milk their good raitings throughout the year. I really have to start watching Breaking Bad.

I really have to start watching Breaking Bad.

I say watch it. I've seen the first season and, although a little slow, I feel it's compelling enough of a story...

on the EW article, it looks like it'll be debuted on Halloween again.

That would really suck :( 11 month hiatus is insane, BSG and even LOST did not take that long. I'm of the opinion that the article is a bit older then the last ratings and the network will forward the schedule a few months.

Vader doesn't like the idea of next October either...

post-2668-129116003343_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zor Primus

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 1

THE WALKING DEAD---Frank Darabont has fired Season 1's writing team and will replace them with freelance writers. Executive producer Charles Eglee was also fired. Darabont wrote Season 1's first two episodes and co-wrote the other four.