...very mixed feelings on this one. For the most part I've enjoyed Synder's work but from what he's done on 300 & Watchmen and from what the previews show for Sucker Punch I don't see his "style" translating well for Superman.

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

-b.

...very mixed feelings on this one. For the most part I've enjoyed Synder's work but from what he's done on 300 & Watchmen and from what the previews show for Sucker Punch I don't see his "style" translating well for Superman.

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

-b.

watch the owl movie, he can do restrained and mythic quite well

But I want to see superman punch a guy in the face so hard his fist goes through the guys skull. :(

:edit:

In slow-motion.

Edited by anime52k8

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned David Goyer is writing the script. So this is the lineup:

Director - Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen)

Writer - David Goyer (Blade trilogy, Batman Begins)

Producer - Christopher Nolan (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight)

A lot of successful comic book-to-movie experience here. This movie will certainly be interesting, that's for sure.

Cool, thanks for the recommendation. I didn't know that he directed that until you mentioned it. No plans to see it in the theater or anytime too soon so I'll probably have to take your word on that one.

*I saw that post on WWTDD and laughed just a little, I just hope that the story and direction are appropriate for the subject matter. In all honesty I'd love to see the movie made in the same style as Batman Begins and Dark Knight films vs. 300 and Watchmen.

-b.

Considering Nolan and Goyer are writing, I see some thought going into this flick. Not psychological thriller or anything like that, but thought and care will go into the characters and setting. At the same time, with Snyder directing, I think we'll get lots of good visuals.

Let's not. Instead, let's comment on the news. For example, does anyone else find the pairing of Christopher Nolan and Zack Snyder rather odd? I do. Their styles of filmaking are almost mutually exclusive. Though one might argue that Nolan's not the strongest action director and hiring someone like Zack Snyder might make for a great action adventure film, if that's the direction the new Superman film is going.

Believe it or not, one of the main concerns of the producers was Nolan's resistance to 3D... it is a weird pairing. I love Nolan's realistic and big vistas that make the superhero world believable and I can't stand the Zack Snyder staged look. But I liked his take on the Watchmen cotumes, and I don't like the Dark Knight's Power Ranger Style Batman. Hopefully they get the bits right or it'll look odd, much like hiring Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy... lol.

Here comes the rumor mill:

Plot for new Superman revealed? (Movie Hole) (may need to be taken with seasoning)

Actually no seasoning is needed, I'd toss the plate and cook something else...

Personally I'd prefer it not being a reboot...as mediocre as Superman Returns was, the legacy of Christoper Reeves character is something I'd like to see continue. Roth did a good enough job capturing the orginal Kent/Superman. To change that you'd have to completely revamp Supes similar to what they did with the Dark Knight.

ZZZZZZZZZ.... stop making remakes and origins and just make a goddamn movie. Is there anyone here that doesn't know Superman's origin or hasn't seen Smallville that they can't imagine what it's like to be Clark pre-tights?

Paul Dini FTW!

Oh yeah, great decision making BTW on how to hire directors. I'm just glad they didn't get that snore meister Aronofsky.

As long as it's better than that snore-fest Superman Returns, I approve.

Lets hope they can hire a Lois Lane who can act. I know that whatshername from Superman Returns is pretty but she is a terrible actress. At least Margot Kidder could act.......(no, I don't want her back in the role :lol: :lol: )

Taksraven

ZZZZZZZZZ.... stop making remakes and origins and just make a goddamn movie. Is there anyone here that doesn't know Superman's origin or hasn't seen Smallville that they can't imagine what it's like to be Clark pre-tights?

Paul Dini FTW!

Oh yeah, great decision making BTW on how to hire directors. I'm just glad they didn't get that snore meister Aronofsky.

Aronofsky is king sir, he was originaly front runner for the Batman reboot before Nolan. Now there's talk about him doing Wolverine 2..

I think he's talking about this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Reign_of_the_Super-Man

Yeah, I'd rather see a movie about this, rather than see more guys in tights shooting CG outta their asses. Enough is enough.

Huh, but that's just the same name, it does even have a passing resemblance to the character now called superman.

Huh, but that's just the same name, it does even have a passing resemblance to the character now called superman.

I know, THANK GOD.

All the more reason to make this into a movie than remake a 30-year-old film, yet again. :D

(And I don't know if you noticed but that article states that the creators took the name and re-worked the character into a "hero" later, so it's just a little more than something which just happens to share the name randomly.)

Edited by Renato

• 3 months later...