Rank your top 5 macross toys

arrow

1. 1/48 low visibility

2. 1/48 roy weathering ver.

3. 1/48 super stealth

4. 1/48 gbp urban camo on roy

5. 1/60 destroid kakhi green weathering ver.

1. 1/60 YF-21

2. 1/60 v2 VF-1S Hikaru Strike

3. 1/60 v2 VT-1

4. 1/60 VF-11B

5. 1/60 YF-19 (please let there be a v2)

Next 5 :lol:

6. 1/60 v2 VF-1D

7. 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

8. 1/100 Yamato König Monster

9. 1/60 VF-0A CF

10. 1/60 Millia Queadluun Rau.

This list will change when the HDP Regult kit arrives B))

Waiting also for a 1/60 VF-17 and a possible 1/60 VF-4

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

1) Toynami MPC VF-1

2) Toynami 1/100 VF-1

3) Yamato 1/60 V1 VF-1

4) Yamato 1/72 First Edition YF-19

5) Yamato 1/60 V1 VF-0

Edit - I dedicate this post to all the people who ruin online satisfaction surveys thinking "1 out of 5" is the best possible score because it has the number 1 in it.

Edited by jenius

1. VF-22

2. VF-11

3. VF-1 Double seater (Elint or Trainer) 1/60 v.2

4. VF-1 Strike 1/60 v.2

5. Tie between VF-1 with Armored parts and the Macross Quarter (it might be floppy in ship mode but Batroid mode is just awesome)

6. The Tomahawk Destroid (because it needs to be on my list)

Of course I have yet to get my König Monster (it's in Vancouver now! only a around 1500 more KM to go!) or the Macross later this year.

The list changes, but as it currently stands:

E. Bandai Konig Monster

D. Yamato 1/60 VF-11C

C. SDi VF-25 Messiah

B. 1/55 Super Chunky VF-1S

A. Bandai Joke Machine VF-1S Roy

Quite often the 1/72 VF-17 is on there, as well as the Hi-Metal VF-1J, Hi-Metal VF-19, the VF-0A and so on.

1) 1/48 vf-1s hikaru with strike packs

2) 1/60 vf-1a Max TV

3) 1/60 yf-21

4) 1/60 vf-11b

5) 1/60 vf-27 Lucifer

Edited by NSJ23

1. 1/60 VF-1J - Probably the single most symbolic VF.

2. 1/60 VF-1D (the fact that I had to replace the leg peg notwithstanding) - IMO, one of the most memorable VF's in Macross history.

3. 1/60 VF-0S

4. 1/60 VF-22S Sturmvogel Gamlin Custom

5. 1/60 YF-19 DN

Edited by GU-11

...in no particular order.

Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1J Cannon Fodder

Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1S Low Viz

Yamato 1/48 VF-1A Low Viz

Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1A Max TV Version

Bandai DX Chogokin VF-25F Tornado Alto

-b.

*wishes I was as cool as eugimon and post pics instead of plain ole list B))

1) 1/60 VF-22S Gamlin

2) 1/48 VF-1A Low Viz (v1)

3) 1/60 YF-19FP

4) 1/60 VF-1S v2 Roy TV

5) 1/60 YF-21FP

---

Runner up: 1/60 VF-11B (if I had a VF-11C, it would probably be #4

Some days I would put the VF-27 Brera in place of the YF-21 at #5, which used to be my bar-none favorite valk but I'm not as fond of the color scheme as the Gamlin. I'm sure if the Gamlin had never come out, the YF-21 FP would still be my favorite.

Edited by Uxi

1/48 VF-1S Roy Focker <= this marks the day I get back to toys, oh of course also it is a great toy

1/60 VF-1S Roy Rocker TV version <= for how long we don't have a TV 1S?

1/60 VF-1J M&M

I can't really rank the others. I love the Skull squad and Vermillion Squad as a whole, not individually. Both for 1/48 and 1/60 scales.

Hmm...........that's a tough one, there's so many great Macross toys to choose from.

And how to define top 5? Top best looking toys? Top most played with toys? Or other criteria?

Anyway, as with most people, my list is variable and ever-changing, so ask me next week or next month and it might be completely diferent.

1) 1/65 Scale Bandai DX VF-17D/S. They may not be the most accurate, beautiful or poseable toys, but they are super easy to transform, built like a tank -probably the most durable transforming VF toy ever made (I've never heard of one breaking). I've got about 10 of these which I've had since 1995 and they have been used and greatly abused and are still in fantastic shape.

2) 1/60 scale Yamato VF-11B/C. A near-perfect representation of the VF-11 in toy form. Durable, easy to transform and looks stunning.

3) 1/250 Scale Bandai Macross Fighter Collection - Affordable mini-Valks in so many flavours, that look great - you can't go wrong.

4) 1/60 scale Yamato VF-22S series - Max,Milia & Gamilin. Absolutely stunning toys, especially in fighter mode.

5) 1/60 scale Yamato VF-1 V2 series (I can't chose a favorite, they're all so good.

Graham

Hmm...........that's a tough one, there's so many great Macross toys to choose from.

And how to define top 5? Top best looking toys? Top most played with toys? Or other criteria?

Anyway, as with most people, my list is variable and ever-changing, so ask me next week or next month and it might be completely diferent.

1) 1/65 Scale Bandai DX VF-17D/S. They may not be the most accurate, beautiful or poseable toys, but they are super easy to transform, built like a tank -probably the most durable transforming VF toy ever made (I've never heard of one breaking). I've got about 10 of these which I've had since 1995 and they have been used and greatly abused and are still in fantastic shape.

2) 1/60 scale Yamato VF-11B/C. A near-perfect representation of the VF-11 in toy form. Durable, easy to transform and looks stunning.

3) 1/250 Scale Bandai Macross Fighter Collection - Affordable mini-Valks in so many flavours, that look great - you can't go wrong.

4) 1/60 scale Yamato VF-22S series - Max,Milia & Gamilin. Absolutely stunning toys, especially in fighter mode.

5) 1/60 scale Yamato VF-1 V2 series (I can't chose a favorite, they're all so good.

Graham

Which is why I can't wait for the yamato vf-17...one day. (my wallet can though :p)

I don't care if basara was a superhero with newtype-like dodging skills, gamlin had the cooler looking robot by miles! :p

_DSC5678.jpg

that's a cool pic. See this is why I think if brera stern had a scheme similar to ivanov his valk would be much cooler. If you are going to hide in the shadows, stalking little girl, and snipe people from long range, a black robot is more appropriate imo. Black valk is also more smybolic of some kind of a death knight. Grace (version 2 sharon apple lol) should have had the pink one, and Brera with a black one. The grunts get the greens.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

• 5 months later...

What are your top 5 Macross Toys(in order) that you own?

1. YAMATO 1/60v.II VF-1J Hikaru TV

2. CM's GUTTO KURU Lynn Minmay

3. BANDAI 1/72 H.C.M.VF-1J Hikaru TV

4. YAMATO 1/60 YF-19 Double Nuts ver. (FUTURE PURCHASE)

5. YAMATO 1/60 VF-11C (FUTURE PURCHASE)

Edited by Shaorin

Macross and in Order:

1) Yf-21 (BEST in fighter mode, but excellent still in batroid mode)

2) and 3) YF-19 Bird of Prey w/ FP and 1/48 vf-1S Roy w/ FP, both in batroid mode

4) 1/48 vf-1J w/ or w/out Standard GBP

5) Vf-0A cause it looks like the low vis

(6) or runner up, vf-1J Stealth

None Macross Toys, and in Order:

1) Medicom SSJ Goku

2) and 3) MP Optmus + MP Grimlock (both Takara versions)

4) 1/100 MasterGrade Strike Freedom Special Versian painted to my taste

5) 1/100 Akutski Gundam (I love bling bling GOLD, just like for Grimlock)

(6) or runner up, MP Starscream (original green version)

For the life of me, I just can't decide... right now I'm leaning:

1) Bandai 1/100 Hi-Metal VF-1

1) Yamato 1/48 VF-1

1) Takatoku 1/3000 SDF-1

1) Yamato 1/60 SV-51

1) Bandai DX VF-27

I might say a completely different 5 next week :)

Non-Macross toy: Beagle 1/10 Ride Armor... I love that thing.

Edited by jenius