Variable Fighter Master File VF-19 Excalibur

Do we have a firm release date for this one yet, or are they still playing silly frakkers and moving the date back every month or so? It looks damn nice, even if it's probably going to be as thoroughly non-canon as the VF-1's own Master File book. It's worth it just for the art, IMO, but the technical writing is nice too, even if it's not an authoritative canon source.

Do we have a firm release date for this one yet, or are they still playing silly frakkers and moving the date back every month or so?

The last I saw (in a picture posted by a MW member from a recent convention) it said, release date, end of May.

Given that they are publishing previews, I have a gut feeling that they're sticking to the end of May release date.

The last I saw (in a picture posted by a MW member from a recent convention) it said, release date, end of May.

Given that they are publishing previews, I have a gut feeling that they're sticking to the end of May release date.

I just checked my preorder on Amazon.co.jp and it's showing June 2nd as the release date now (and in my hands between June 5th-8th).

Love it and want to get a copy. Looks to be biased more towards the YF-19/VF-19A side of things, but the 19F/S bashes look good, and it looks like it might have a few transitional versions in there as well. My biggest question, why do they keep messing up the high speed config, we showed on here years ago how the wing would have to fold based on the lineart. Though personnally I would rather tha the high speed config went away.

I'll be off to Kinokuniya for my copy. They should have quite a few when it comes out. They seem pretty knowledgable about the popularity of Macross.

NOW they are...I remember going in there in early 2008 to pick up the Macross Frontier manga volume one, and they said they weren't going to carry the series... :)

EDIT: Thank goodness I'm no longer a "nuker of gay, unborn space whales"...

Edited by Gubaba

NOW they are...I remember going in there in early 2008 to pick up the Macross Frontier manga volume one, and they said they weren't going to carry the series... :)

Congrats on the "promotion" hahaha. I'm still a New Edwards Test Piloto.

Ha ha. <_<

Hmmmmmmmm. That would be the custome title curse you were telling me about, right Gubaba? :ph34r:

Guess I should be happy I'am still a Bridge Bunny, and thank god it'll be a looooong time before I hit Nuker of gay space whales. :mellow:

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

Pssst: best not call attention to yourself about it. Or else...

I don't fear them. Back when 1up.com just started' I had the honor of being the first poster to receive a custom title along with a custom color. Some mod/admin/board staff, had not only a sense humor but irony. They saw my user name had something to do with Macross, so they gave me a pink custom title of "Carl Macek's Lover". :mellow: That lasted for a loooong time, and I had to explain to posters what it meant, and got into a few tiffs with some posters who thought I was a RT supporter ( I was a Macross Purist by then, and disliked Macek and RT <_< ) After that, I don't think there is a custom title any worst, that can be given to me. :mellow:

I took a look at this in the bookshop today. Interesting stuff. Nothing I would buy, but I was very impressed at the level of detail, and even the interviews with the pilots!

Also, apparently the Fire Valk is based on the VF-19E variant. Huh.

Lastly, it seems they finally explained what those random tubes under the chest are: yep, they're guns, Mauler-type. For those who know what that means.

Lastly, it seems they finally explained what those random tubes under the chest are: yep, they're guns, Mauler-type. For those who know what that means.

That's rather disappointing. It doesn't makes sense that those would be guns, especially since they've never been listed in any official specs and none of the other VF-19 variants follow suit (though I suppose a "prototype" argument could be made). If they wanted Mauler guns in Battroid mode, why wouldn't the wing root/hip guns be used for that purpose? The wing root/hip guns are basically in the same mid-center body location anyway and it makes more sense for those guns to be usable in Battroid mode.

That's rather disappointing. It doesn't makes sense that those would be guns, especially since they've never been listed in any official specs and none of the other VF-19 variants follow suit (though I suppose a "prototype" argument could be made). If they wanted Mauler guns in Battroid mode, why wouldn't the wing root/hip guns be used for that purpose? The wing root/hip guns are basically in the same mid-center body location anyway and it makes more sense for those guns to be usable in Battroid mode.

It's probably best to set this in the same category as the VF-1 Master File, fun for reading but conflicts with the official data and should be considered un-official until noted otherwise.