Mos-cah-to! Models

PetarB

Captain America has delivered us some fantastic resin kits for Macross over the years. And someone suggested we do a finished Moscato builds thread.

Here it is, put your finished builds up here, so we have a nice album of images to paw over.

I'll start.

Hasegawa VF-1 + Moscato Atmospheric Booster

A-BoosterHasegawa-finished-092.jpg

A-BoosterHasegawa-finished-083.jpg

A-BoosterHasegawa-finished-067.jpg

A-BoosterHasegawa-finished-061.jpg

Commanchero Attack Helicopter (note blades have been replaced with Eurocopter's)

Commanchero4.jpg

Commanchero3.jpg

Commanchero5.jpg

Edited by PetarB

Great to see John's kits being built-up, and not left to languish in their boxes!

Here's my Kamjin. There's a magnet in his torso and metal connectors on his two alternate heads so I can swap them out for display.

3744473865_919c147087.jpg

3745286816_acd0059219.jpg

My only other of John's kits is the smaller edition of his Zentraedi Scout Ship, but it's only primed and placed on a stand right now. Maybe I'll finish it this weekend.

Here are some more pictures. One is the Garfish from Mospeada and the others are the 1/2500 and 1/5000 Salan Scout cruiser. I commissioned the Capt to master these for me.

And we thank you Neptunesurvey for commissioning the Capt to master these kit. We're all so happy to be able to share the joy.

Hey Neptune, the two yellow spaces on the side of the Garfish, under the Mars Base symbol and the big 23. What did you put in there on my model they're just two empty holes.

Edited by Grayson72

I still remember seeing that Garfish for the first time at Wonderfest (the american one), and being utterly blown away. I was absolutely convinced that it was some insanely rare japanese resin kit, and that I'd be spending the next 5 years tracking one down.

Suffice to say, bricks were shat when I met up with Neptune and found out that the Cap'n had sculpted it :D

Hey Neptune, the two yellow spaces on the side of the Garfish, under the Mars Base symbol and the big 23. What did you put in there on my model they're just two empty holes.

I used sheet styrene and trimmed and glued them into position. It took about 5 minutes to measure and trim to have them fit properly.

Valkyrie, you should have seen your face light up when I said it was mine and who scuplted it for me. You did lay a brick. :lol:

Is that permanent? I know some will spray gloss, then weather, then dull coat.

Or did you just assume I knew that and I'm a tool?

;) (Devil is in the details)

I did not seal the weathering and I do not seal the weathering on any of my models. I have tried that once and it smeared the weathering as it dried. The panel lines I do 2 days after the paint has dried. I might spray a gloss coat before the decals but it depends on the paint. I usually seal the decals with a dull coat. I do the pastels after the decals have dried 2 days so I can weathered across the decal. The tamiya pastels are sticky enough to remain on the kit even with light handling so as long as you don't play with it every day it will be fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

These all look awesome! Would love to have a Gnerl of my own!

On the Gnerl - did the original designers think those white top and bottom pieces would be semi-transparent? I mean, can you imagine being in a dog fight with only a small porthole viewer to see oncoming fighters?

Maybe it is one big LCD screen on the inside and the porthole is just all the vital information and targeting stuff etc.

Sadly all of mine are still tucked up in their boxes apart from some sanding done to one of them :(

Edited by big F

These all look awesome! Would love to have a Gnerl of my own!

On the Gnerl - did the original designers think those white top and bottom pieces would be semi-transparent? I mean, can you imagine being in a dog fight with only a small porthole viewer to see oncoming fighters?

That seems to be the way all the Zentradi mecha are designed. I had watched the animation several times to gain hints about the cockpit thing myself, but all signs pointed to it being opaque and armored, so that's what I went with. To me, this is part of what distinguishes Zentradi mecha: no see-through canopies.

Guest FAM56(2)

If this list is correct, we need to see more examples of Moscato Masterpieces ;) :

I - Booster?

II - Pylon?

III - Standard Regult

IV - Light Armor Zentran Soldier?

V - Launcher Vehicle?

VI - Destroido Pharanx

VII - Destoroido Tomahawk

VIII - Destoroido Defender

IX - Regult Heavy Missle

X - Regult Light Missle

XI - Regult Scout Type

XII - Destoroido Spaltan

XIII - Gnerl

XIV - Kamjin

XV - Commanchero Gunship

XVI - Glaug

XVII - Cat's Eye

None 1/72 Models:

- Picket Patrol Ship

- Quiltra-Quelamitz

- Garfish

Thx Captain for your magnificent job!! :)

Edited by FAM56(2)

XVI - Glaug

XVII - Cat's Eye

And don't forget the non 1/72 Macross Models:

- Picket Patrol Ship

- Quiltra-Quelamitz

And the Garfish of Mospeada ;)

If this list is correct, we need to see more examples of Moscato Masterpieces ;) :

I - Booster?

II - Pylon?

III - Standard Regult

IV - Light Armor Zentran Soldier?

V - Launcher Vehicle?

VI - Destroido Pharanx

VII - Destoroido Tomahawk

VIII - Destoroido Defender

IX - Regult Heavy Missle

X - Regult Light Missle

XI - Regult Scout Type

XII - Destoroido Spaltan

XIII - Gnerl

XIV - Kamjin

XV - Commanchero Gunship

XVI - Glaug

XVII - Cat's Eye

None 1/72 Models:

- Picket Patrol Ship

- Quiltra-Quelamitz

- Garfish

Thx Captain for your magnificent job!! :)

I also mastered the Garfish from Mospeada in 1/350, 1/48 VF-1D conversion, 1/24 Raptor from BSG, and 1/18 Tachikoma from GITS, but obviously not part of the 1\72 Macross line.

Captain America has delivered us some fantastic resin kits for Macross over the years. And someone suggested we do a finished Moscato builds thread.

Here it is, put your finished builds up here, so we have a nice album of images to paw over.

Commanchero Attack Helicopter (note blades have been replaced with Eurocopter's)

Commanchero4.jpg

Commanchero3.jpg

Commanchero5.jpg

Nice! I never knew he made these.