Image windows

Legioss

When you left or right click on an image, the window tints and the huge image loads up in it's subwindow. Way down in the lower right corner, there's 2 options: Save or Close. If you save, the image opens again in a separate window so you can save it. If you close, the subwindow closes and you are now at that lower right corner position in the thread so you have to scroll up to find where you were and figure out which pictures you already looked at because there's no dotted border for a "just clicked" link.

Is it needed to prevent people from linking to the images from other sites? If so why didn't they just have the one in the separate window be the individually generated link? I looked around in the settings to see if I could turn it off, but there's nothing so I guess it's supposed to be like that. I'm not understanding what the point of it is.

I only see three posts here so I'm assuming nobody's asked.

It's just one of the many brilliant new features that make IP.Board ver.3 so much f*cking better than the last version. <_<

by the way, the reason you're only seeing three threads in this section is because you need to change the thread filter options.

there should be a dark blue bar under the list of threads that says "click here to show filter options," click it and change the time frame from 30 days to show all.

Edited by anime52k8

they'll probably just remove it all together as a way of "streamlining" and "improving the user experience."

as for your initial question, there's no way for individual users to change how attachments open. If you're using IE, you can right cick and open attachments in a new tab that way. If you're using Firefox you have to drag the thumbnail preview up into the tab bar to open it in a new tab <_< .