Yamato 1/60 Regult

UN Spacy

I hope a lot of those parts are just two of the same part, one for the left and one for the right.

All the parts are sorta laid out in order in that pic - feet down the bottom, legs in the lower middle/side, boosters at the top sides of the cockpit in the middle.

5obiu0.png

It's an Yamato online exclusive and you need to preorder on their website.

First cut-off day is 21st of this month. They will take another preorder for next few months.

But I don't think they take international orders, so you probably have to buy from scalpers.(EXO) :lol:

Edited by Maiden Japan

Word I just got from my usual supplier is that it is now sold out - has been since last week. :( I don't remember it being mentioned that there is a pre-order limit.

Can anyone confirm this or know if there will be a second opportunity to place an order?

The ordering date was 9/13 - 21/9. It sold out instantly <_<

My supplier couldn't get me one arghhhh!!!!

I hope Yamato releases a second batch.

DAMN! My friend tried on the 17th... Hope they do a second batch. It would make sense.

Thanks for the info tho. :)

They are taking orders monthly. The first batch sold out before the 21st. They are taking orders in limited numbers to maximize each mold. Remember, these aren't steel molds that can run thousands of pieces. Another reason for the price.

huh? These are more expensive because of the molds? I thought the whole idea of making these out of a material other than ABS was because the molds for this stuff were way cheaper to make.

LOL... the molds are cheaper in the long run because even if you make multiple runs it still wouldn't equal to the cost of making one set of steel molds that would require them to sell each toy at a price no one can ever afford.

It's a matter of MOQ.

Manufacturer always care about MOQ for what they produce. For example a steel mold may need 5,000 units of production to get it at a profitable margin to get a toy in production and sales. The resin may only need 100 units to get the production going on.

I'm not in toy business so I don't know the MOQ for steel mold toy and resin, what I have given is an example.

Hopefully they continue to sell out rapidly and it will convince them of the desire to mass produce, just like the 1/3000 Regult. Even if they reduced scale to 1/72, it would be bigger and more impressive than Toynami 1/100... though I would still hope for 1/60.

Hopefully they continue to sell out rapidly and it will convince them of the desire to mass produce, just like the 1/3000 Regult. Even if they reduced scale to 1/72, it would be bigger and more impressive than Toynami 1/100... though I would still hope for 1/60.

Just hope Yamato will make a 1/60 toy version, perhape without interior and pilot (no hatch open), a little less details... but give us a sheet of sticker and decals!

Just hope Yamato will make a 1/60 toy version, perhape without interior and pilot (no hatch open), a little less details... but give us a sheet of sticker and decals!

Uh, I think it would be $hitty to be that big and have no interior and no pilot. Even Robocrap's Matchbox version has an interior.

Edited by peter

Uh, I think it would be $hitty to be that big and have no interior and no pilot. Even Robocrap's Matchbox version has an interior.

Not that I don't want to see interior and pilot in the toy version...

But asking Yamato to release a Regult toy, with the same scale, function and details as their model kit version. And expect to pay less? It is not going happen for sure. B))

Not that I don't want to see interior and pilot in the toy version...

But asking Yamato to release a Regult toy, with the same scale, function and details as their model kit version. And expect to pay less? It is not going happen for sure. B))

Well, a detailed 1/60 version does seem completely out of reach for a lot of us, but if there is a demand by the masses, Yamato would be negligent in not filling the supply. If they don't someone eventually will. It may not happen in the near future, but someone will do it eventually. 10 years ago, did we ever thing we'd see a Valk in 1/48 that perfectly transforms? I think the closest thing we had to something that big was the 1/48 resin kit (locked in fighter mode) that ran oh, about $400 USD or more....back then. Yamato came and filled that demand. Same thing will happen here......I hope.

Well, a detailed 1/60 version does seem completely out of reach for a lot of us, but if there is a demand by the masses, Yamato would be negligent in not filling the supply. If they don't someone eventually will. It may not happen in the near future, but someone will do it eventually. 10 years ago, did we ever thing we'd see a Valk in 1/48 that perfectly transforms? I think the closest thing we had to something that big was the 1/48 resin kit (locked in fighter mode) that ran oh, about $400 USD or more....back then. Yamato came and filled that demand. Same thing will happen here......I hope.

It's really not that simple. 10 years ago, most of the fanbase was in the middle of their transition between having dispensable income and having low or new commitments. They were either getting out of college or starting their new career. And the majority didn't have their own family yet. Also, the idea of buying from the international market was pretty new and there was a hype about it. Between now and 10 years from now, the likelihood of the fanbase being big enough or maybe even the same size to support new ventures in Macross toys based on the original animation is slim to nil. If there are going to be any Macross toys that size, it'll most likely be based on a new series. The only way we'd get a regult in 1/60 (IMHO) will be if they rebooted the original series/DYRL or made a movie based on the original designs. The chances of that is also very unlikely. But simply re releasing old animation is not going to cut it.

Yamato may plan to release a mass produced toy based on the regult but I doubt it'll be in 1/60. If I were them or Bandai, I would make it 1/100 to go along with the Hi-Metal VF-1. The Toynami regult looks great displayed next to a 1/60 VF-1 in fighter... but they'd have to release it next to a toy that it can be scaled with. A 1/72 would make no sense since there arent any 1/72 VF-1 toy (unless you go way back to the 80s version).

I reckon that's the whole point about it being expensive and sh*t. Yamato prolly did some research and came up with the conclusion that there just really ain't much mass demand over there in Japan for this stuff. They're prolly got gunshy with the sales-results of the destroids and the q-raus, and most especially the results of their Konig, too.

*shrugs*

I can wait for an affordable Yammie Regult. I'm not in a hurry for it, tho. If it doesn't happen, then it doesn't happen.

Also, the idea of buying from the international market was pretty new and there was a hype about it. Between now and 10 years from now, the likelihood of the fanbase being big enough or maybe even the same size to support new ventures in Macross toys based on the original animation is slim to nil. If there are going to be any Macross toys that size, it'll most likely be based on a new series. The only way we'd get a regult in 1/60 (IMHO) will be if they rebooted the original series/DYRL or made a movie based on the original designs. The chances of that is also very unlikely. But simply re releasing old animation is not going to cut it.

The Zentran and Meltran are supposed to be using OOOOLD tech, so using the original designs (with a few variants and no doubt some wacky paint schemes is certainly plausible).

The next Macross series should just focus on another Fleet. It doesn't have to be after Frontier chronologically.... I would prefer sometime after 2012 but before 2045, say. There were supposed to be a couple thousand fleets like the Bodol Zer Main Fleet, right? So they run into another one (or two, preferably at least one Meltran exclusive Fleet). Would be an awfully good time to show at least a subset of the Supervision Army and some of their own mecha and ships. Pre-crash ASS variants and some bigger ships, too. In any case, the Regult, Glaug, and Gnerl should be there. Maybe having some strange variants without legs (tracked? spider walker types? AT-AT and/or AT-ST types? etc etc) and/or other modifications (Glaug/Nos-Ger/Q-Rea style shoulder cannon in place of the AA guns, etc).

But no need to for Kawamorisan to completely disregard his old design. If they did something really revolutionary and made the "good guys" a mixed Zentran/Meltran analog to the Bodol-Zer Fleet that gets cultured, starts experiencing some luv triangles (it's inevitable) while fighting off the Supervision Army, it could be epic.

And while I wouldn't like a reboot, doing some modern animation and SFX with the old voice recordings wouldn't hurt, either. :ph34r:

It's really not that simple. 10 years ago, most of the fanbase was in the middle of their transition between having dispensable income and having low or new commitments. They were either getting out of college or starting their new career. And the majority didn't have their own family yet. Also, the idea of buying from the international market was pretty new and there was a hype about it. Between now and 10 years from now, the likelihood of the fanbase being big enough or maybe even the same size to support new ventures in Macross toys based on the original animation is slim to nil.

You`re completely forgetting the primary market for these toys is Japanese males. Now in my experience living in Japan for 5 years about 5% of Japanese males get all the women while 95% are introverted and consumed by their hobbies. Many of the customers of Yamatos from a decade ago, who also grew up with Macross would still not be married.

You are also discounting the power of the Japanese bonus. This is how so many lower middle class people have studio grade film cameras at air shows, rolex watches at age 20 and HDP regults in their bedrooms. Even when Japanese men get married they live seperate lives and never see their family, most men spend their money at soaplands, blowjob parlours or `snacks` but nerds still spend their time and money on their hobbies.

Also remember that a Japanese permanent workers salary automatically goes up when they get married and for each kid they have, they also typically have subsidised company housing. Now consider that most adults still interested in Macross are probably technically minded people and are probably engineers or architects and would have good incomes.

Also Japanese and most asians have tiny inexpensive housing, which mostly means low cost of living and more money for hobbies.

Remember you and the entire American market is probably 1% of Yamatos sales if that. Maybe Graham can give us a better idea?

You`re completely forgetting the primary market for these toys is Japanese males. Now in my experience living in Japan for 5 years about 5% of Japanese males get all the women while 95% are introverted and consumed by their hobbies. Many of the customers of Yamatos from a decade ago, who also grew up with Macross would still not be married.

You are also discounting the power of the Japanese bonus. This is how so many lower middle class people have studio grade film cameras at air shows, rolex watches at age 20 and HDP regults in their bedrooms. Even when Japanese men get married they live seperate lives and never see their family, most men spend their money at soaplands, blowjob parlours or `snacks` but nerds still spend their time and money on their hobbies.

Also remember that a Japanese permanent workers salary automatically goes up when they get married and for each kid they have, they also typically have subsidised company housing. Now consider that most adults still interested in Macross are probably technically minded people and are probably engineers or architects and would have good incomes.

Also Japanese and most asians have tiny inexpensive housing, which mostly means low cost of living and more money for hobbies.

Remember you and the entire American market is probably 1% of Yamatos sales if that. Maybe Graham can give us a better idea?

stop, seriously. You're embarrassing yourself something fierce.

It seems that this thread gets sidetrack everytime :(

No we're still talking about the 1/60 regult...

You are absolutely correct. I totally didn't think of it from that angle.

OK, so... if we discount everything I just said... Do you think that if the Japanese male market for Macross isnt demanding a 1/60 Regult toy now, is there a chance down the road (within ten years) for Yamato to do a run?