Yamato 1/60 Regult

UN Spacy

It's a TV set.

yeah I connected my LCD to my PC when my monitor broke. Now I can't go back to a smaller screen. I bought a 22" monitor and I ended up using that as a secondary screen. I draw on the 42" while I have all my tools on the side. It's a dream set up.

Note the text on Yamato's site:

Basically it says that the kit is non-scale. However, it's designed so that a 1/60 VF-1 battroid-sized Zentradi soldier can fit inside.

Did I read this correctly? Battroid sized Zentradi? Not the same size as the T-Rex? Even though we talked about scale I didn't really read that until now.

It's beautiful and I want one. I'm not in the right tax bracket to afford it, but if I was, I wouldn't hesitate. It looks incredible. So, Yamato has gotten into the "very Expensive Collectables" market.....well, they always were right? The $1,000 helments, the $2,000 SDF1s, and now regults for $400 or whatever?

Why are people surprised and so angry? I don't get upset that I can't afford to buy a $1,000,000 Mclaren F1. Imagine hearing someone say "I'm so sick of Ferraris costing so much". If you can't afford it, it wasn't made for you, deal with it, and appreciate that it even exists. I'm just glad that someone's making these toys because it means that there's enough interest in Macross to do so.

Edited by peter

Why are people surprised and so angry? I don't get upset that I can't afford to buy a $1,000,000 Mclaren F1. Imagine hearing someone say "I'm so sick of Ferraris costing so much". If you can't afford it, it wasn't made for you, deal with it, and appreciate that it even exists. I'm just glad that someone's making these toys because it means that there's enough interest in Macross to do so.

Yeah, I can barely afford Valks as it is, so something like this definitely isn't catering to me. That's okay though, I think it's cool that something like this exists for those that could afford it. (Tell you the truth, even if I had the money, I doubt I'd buy it. Just on principle, I can't spend $400+ on a single toy. I just can't.) I'm content to just look at the pictures. Maybe one day I'd be willing to shell out about $200 max for a 1/60 scale regult, but I'm not holding my breath.

for that price, they better have a pilot. I never understood why they didn't have pilots for the q-rau max or reissue q-rau.

I would definitely pass on most Zentran/Meltran pilots since you can't really tell if one is in there or if they're robotic/drones from the way they fight. In fact, given their TIE Fighter like ubiquity, you'd almost think they were drones. :ph34r:

lol seriously, though, hopefully the Zentraedi mecha are more prominent in the next macross show, so we have a decent chance at getting some 1/60 scale mecha. Since they had the same mecha for thousands of years, paint jobs and maybe attachments (Regult with a Glaug like particle cannon instead of the AA guns or missile launchers could be possible) are the only realistic changes we should see.

Any word on the pilot being included or being as tall as a VF-1 yet?

Unknown. Yamato says nothing about exactly how big the pilot will be. On their website it says "battroid size". Now it could mean to say - near the same height as a 1/60 VF-1. Or it could mean "in relation to" a VF-1 battroid - which would mean a smaller figure. Yamato does not say the figure will be 1/60. Some folks assume it'll be similar to a figure made by TREX.

As for whether a pilot will be included, Yamato website does not say. Personally, I'd just use a Figma or some other figure that'll fit in there.

As for the Zentraedi to Valk scale, didn't someone have a pic around here that had a size comparison of all of the Valks with Zentraedi? If so, someone care to put that up? I think the Zentraedi soldiers are supporsed to be smaller than the Valks.

Size comparison from Macross Mecha Manual

sizechart-zentradimeltrandi-mecha.jpg

I think T-Rex figure is correct size for 1/60 scale.

That size comparison Exo put up to the size pic Maiden Japan put up, the Yamato Milia fig is the one that looks more out of scale than anything.

If the price is really 400-500 PASS. This is a large piece of plastic that barely does anything. At least make it smaller in scale and SOC it!

I still prefer the Revoltech one. Now if it was the commanders battle pod I would think about but at 400 couldn't you guys buy better macross stuff

If the price is really 400-500 PASS. This is a large piece of plastic that barely does anything. At least make it smaller in scale and SOC it!

I still prefer the Revoltech one. Now if it was the commanders battle pod I would think about but at 400 couldn't you guys buy better macross stuff

Not if we've been waiting for a Regult this size since...let's see...FOREVER! I'm kinda glad it's a little large, to be honest. That means it'll look good next to my 1/60's and my 1/48's.

Barely does anything? You mean all the articulation, the fact that it opens up to reveal the cockpit and allows you to put a figure inside. And the cannons move and rotate, the eye closes, it can sit in resting mode doesn't count?

It's so expensive because of the tiny volume, isn't it? It's definitely not a tenth as complicated as say... a transforming valkyrie. Only real analogy to draw on is the 1/2000 SDF-1... :ph34r:

If the price is really 400-500 PASS. This is a large piece of plastic that barely does anything.

It's so expensive because of the tiny volume, isn't it? It's definitely not a tenth as complicated as say... a transforming valkyrie.

oh FFS, can we please not go down this road again. Look at this picture, how many parts do you see?

5obiu0.png

that's why it costs so much. It doesn't matter if it "looks simpler than a transforming Valkyrie," or "is just an egg on two legs," it's got a lot of parts which all require tooling to make and it's going to cost a lot of money because of it.

How many parts in a 1/60 VF-1, VF-11, YF-19, or VF-22? Given how many of those pieces are joints, I'm expecting alot more, particularly for the bigger valks... even without FAST Packs.

I normally don't do this, but geez, for all the biching and moaning, GET OVER IT! If it's out of your price range, what is crying about it really gonna do? Seriously...do you think it's gonna make Yamato change their mind about how much the charge for it? Is it gonna affect the yen? This is a product that is primarily sold to JAPANESE residents. That means, who cares to them that the yen is too strong right now in relation to the dollar, and it doesn't matter that many here in the U.S. think it's too expensive. The petty snide remarks are grating after awhile, but not to them, to your fellow MW members and so-called friends. Let it go. If you can't afford it, move on in life and quit complaining.

I normally don't do this, but geez, for all the biching and moaning, GET OVER IT! If it's out of your price range, what is crying about it really gonna do? Seriously...do you think it's gonna make Yamato change their mind about how much the charge for it? Is it gonna affect the yen? This is a product that is primarily sold to JAPANESE residents. That means, who cares to them that the yen is too strong right now in relation to the dollar, and it doesn't matter that many here in the U.S. think it's too expensive. The petty snide remarks are grating after awhile, but not to them, to your fellow MW members and so-called friends. Let it go. If you can't afford it, move on in life and quit complaining.

^^ This!!

I haven't been on these boards as long as some of our other members but I know that bitching about bitching just leads to more bitching. If the bitching bothers you, ignore it... bitching won't help. This isn't meant to sound high and mighty, I bitch all the time...