Yamato 1/60 Regult

UN Spacy

No idea about the soldier (I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere but can't think of where off the top of my head) but I can say that scale, compared to the 1/60 VF-1D looks spot on! That's very impressive stuff! But no, I don't know if it's "confirmed" to be 1/60 scale or not.

Well, rumors were that it was supposed to come with a Yamato version of the T-Rex Zentradi soldier, but as far as I can tell (and that's not much since I can't read Japanese) it doesn't mention anything about it in the previous link.

As far as the scale goes, it looks a little large to be 1/60 scale, but we've been over this before. I was just looking for a confirmation of the scale somewhere on the Yamato site. Either way, I'm hoping to pick one up.

Edited by Old Man

It doesn`t look too large to be 1/60 at all imo. Regults consistantly tower over valkyries in the TV series. In the movie they are only seen in outer space combat so its harder to judge the size difference but in the TV series its clear in the majority of ground combat scenes that regults are much larger than valkyries.

This is so going to be mine!!!

I wish I could afford it! Super expensive....but WOW.

That is one of the greatest looking toys I have ever seen. I've wanted a Regult since what? 1985? I'm not doing the math cause it'll carbon date me, but that is one long @$$ time....

Great job, Yamato!

I wish I could afford it! Super expensive....but WOW.

That is one of the greatest looking toys I have ever seen. I've wanted a Regult since what? 1985? I'm not doing the math cause it'll carbon date me, but that is one long @$$ time....

Great job, Yamato!

I agree with that. It is absolutely gorgeous. I think I would rather have the SDF-1 though. Can't do TWO $400+ toys this year so close to X-Mas.... :wacko:

if it came built and painted like that then maybe i'd agree with the price. all my v2 valkyries should have just come as bags of parts. is it really considered a toy or more of a model kit?

Edited by sh002

looks very good but what about the price when we discuss the overpriced the most of us thought that will come with a zentraedi soldier so i have the feeling that yamato sold by separate in conclusion what will be the total investment for have a regult with pilot that really worried to me because y really hope can display an army of this things side by side with my valkyries but is the cost is ridiculous im afraid to stay in my dreams

Edited by valhary

Even if you could afford this thing there's no guarantee you could get one since it's a web exclusive and if you did the middleman mark up will be huge not to mention just having the skills to put together a resin model which isn't easy. I'm pretty sure with-in six months if these things sell Yamato will produce a toy version made out of there standard plastic and perhaps losing some features like the closing "eye" and the opening hatch.

I gotta be honest....I really do want one of these....however...my display cabinet isn't tall enough to hold one in the full standing up position...so there ya go....guess I'm not getting one! And how hard would it be to paint one of these??? Never done a resin kit before..... :blink:

After looking at the photos again, where are the decals and markings for this Regult kit? Will it even come with decals?

Yeah, I was wondering that myself. I asked a similar question on the last Regult thread just before it got shut down. I never got an answer, unfortunately.

Yeah, I was wondering that myself. I asked a similar question on the last Regult thread just before it got shut down. I never got an answer, unfortunately.

From looking at the pics I don't think so. But the large markings on the regult should make it easy to make templates.

Note the text on Yamato's site:

◆やまと=ビックサイズ?

今回のリガードキットはノンスケールを謳っておりますが、1/60完全変形VF-1に対するバトロイドサイズのゼントラーディ兵が乗り込むことを想定し、その対比から逆算した説得力あるサイズに仕上がりました。これがやまとの回答!

Basically it says that the kit is non-scale. However, it's designed so that a 1/60 VF-1 battroid-sized Zentradi soldier can fit inside.

Edited by Vifam7

Note the text on Yamato's site:

Basically it says that the kit is non-scale. However, it's designed so that a 1/60 VF-1 battroid-sized Zentradi soldier can fit inside.

A 1/60 VF-1 Battroid sized Zentraedi definitely won't fit in that pod. The Zentraedi Soldier is a lot shorter than VF-1 Battroid, probably at the waist so I guess what it means is this pod is built to fit 1/60 scale Zentraedi soldier.

zentra022.jpg

A shame its such pricey toy, it looks like it jumped right off the TV screen, looks awesome but no way I can swing this one!! :(

Wonder if this is like the 1/2000 SDF-1 all over again, a super crazy detailed version, followed by a mass production type??

Edited by 505thAirborne