Upgrade parts for Beagle 1/10 Mospeada

EXO

$40 for each bag? I thought its for a set of 3 saddle bags for $40-??

Anyways, I'd live to see a Rook conversion kit as well!!! For $200- is better than nothing since Beagle resigned

where'd you see that? It's always been 40 for the set of bags. I got the saddle bags down to $40 on Shapeways but I had to take out a lot of the material including the bottom. I'm still doing some tests. I think it'd be better to take out the entire back instead but I have to see what is more cost effective.

I'd buy a cannon as well.

As for the cannon, the cost isn't coming down as much... I'll keep messing with it.

I just ordered pieces of the saddle bags. I've printed it before but I did some adjustments because printing instead of recasting raises the cost by double. so I trimmed the fat and I wanted to make sure the pieces still fit. I should be getting the pieces later next week or early week after. Stay tuned.

• 3 weeks later...

EXO, I noticed the saddle bags are on your shapeways store. I was just wondering if it is completed and meet your expectations. Thanks!

Yes! I recieved the parts a while back but I just haven't had time to take proper pics.

Just to answer a few questions. The saddlebags will be white in the default material. The recommended material is white strong flexible and polished but it's ten dollars more so I set it to the cheapest. A little bit of sanding will be needed to smoothen out the surface especially if painting. Dyeing the material is also doable using ordinary Rit Fabric dye. I'll post a YouTube link when I get the chance. Working 72 hours a week right now with no days off on a super huge project. Just taking time to answer some questions and PMs.

Yes! I recieved the parts a while back but I just haven't had time to take proper pics.

Just to answer a few questions. The saddlebags will be white in the default material. The recommended material is white strong flexible and polished but it's ten dollars more so I set it to the cheapest. A little bit of sanding will be needed to smoothen out the surface especially if painting. Dyeing the material is also doable using ordinary Rit Fabric dye. I'll post a YouTube link when I get the chance. Working 72 hours a week right now with no days off on a super huge project. Just taking time to answer some questions and PMs.

Thanks for taking the time to reply! looking forward to the pics!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys...

I'm getting some PMs about this and the 1/60 VF-1 side covers sets... I'm wondering if there are enough people that would want these. Obviously the prices will go up since it's been 2 years since I've originally offered these. I had them up on Shapeways and they were available with no paint and need a lot of surface work unless you get the more expensive material. Right now I'm looking at $50 a set, unpainted but it'll be nice and smooth resin. Rocket Launcher will be $20. Let me know.

Cool, just to remind people, the launcher only attaches in cycle mode to Rand/Ley's Mospeada. Scott/Stick has missiles already and they get in the way. Please check original images on the first page.

Cool, just to remind people, the launcher only attaches in cycle mode to Rand/Ley's Mospeada. Scott/Stick has missiles already and they get in the way. Please check original images on the first page.

Is it my browser or is there nothing listed in your Exodigital store? I tried on my droid and my work pc and none of them show anything.

Yes but it's not a problem because missiles can be removed easily, (just one screw).

Edited by varitechs

yeah... Shapeways have been sending me notices that parts are too thin, but these are things that I've paid good money and tested to see if they would print and in some instances I've sold already. Honestly if I can sell these as resin instead of the white strong and flexible material they have, my choice will always be resin, hands down. Because that stuff takes so much time to prep just for painting and their quality material is way too expensive. The sad thing is I have to mail these myself. lol. But they now also charge for set up fees and shipping, where they didn't use to, so almost all the advantages that Shapeways use to have is starting to dwindle. the one advantage they have is that there's no inventory to store. With resin I'm going to need a minimum order, somewere above the 20 mark.

I'll start a list to see if a run is viable. I have no idea if it is since I thought I got everyone the first time around.

Sorry, I'm not recasting them anymore myself... allergic reaction to liquid form of resin... other wise it would be color matched like before. If you want I can prep and paint them for you before I send it out for extra. PM me if interested.

It's happening! I have to clean up the parts from the last get go and then deliver them to the recaster. Then I'll contact people for payments as their sets are being made.

I've quoted the people that asked $20 extra for painting the saddle bags (each set). That's sanded and all bubbles and pinholes filled, primed, painted green with black symbols and clear coated for $20. Thanks!

So how come I wasn't informed about this? Does this fit the master piece cycles?

Sorry dude. I feel like I can't find all the PMs about these saddle bags.

These will work for either because they're exactly the same except for the head sculpt.

Shapeways has definitely gone down in terms of quality.That and they keep changing the material thicknesses and now you can't print multiple parts. If you do multiple parts, they all have to be connected with a sprue. Just another way shapeways is trying to get more of your money and make it harder to get around paying that $5 setup fee for each print. I have found some waesome 3d printers that do WAY better quality than Shapeways and aren't that much more expensive. I will post pics of some of the parts for the VC-33 I had done for comparison later today.