Macross Frontier Movie 2 thread - Now available on Blu-ray/DVD

Tochiro

You'll always find worse, it isn't a reason to be pleased with anything...

Seriously, what do you know about what I think?

I'll leave it where it is: whiny fanboy is whiny... :rolleyes:

Ok. We can leave it alone if you want.

It's not really like we're attacking you or something, if it seems that way I apologize for my part in it.

We're merely trying to have a discussion into what exactly is the problem you had with the manga, mainly due to the fact that we're not really seeing it and trying to explore it from your point of view.

edit: my use of "we" may be presumptuous I admit(sorry again guys!!) but MW has always been but friendly community to me so I really don't think anyone who replied had any ill will at all. Seriously, to me this community isn't really that kind of place.

Edited by Strumvogel

edit: my use of "we" may be presumptuous I admit(sorry again guys!!) but MW has always been but friendly community to me so I really don't think anyone who replied had any ill will at all. Seriously, to me this community isn't really that kind of place.

Gui says that I rule, so he's good in my books. ^_^

Where does it say in the TOS of this website that I haven't any?

Right here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=23944

Now, even if it did say that you had rights to post opinions, what you posted was a statement of fact, not your opinion. At best, it's an illogical misnomer.

Next time try: I don't like the artists drawing style. or The artwork is disagreeable with my tastes. With that, there'd be a jumping off point to create a discussion and not a negativity fest as the responses and responses to responses has turned into.

Edited by sketchley

I was not around when the first Macross movie aired. Did we have to wait in the states until it came out on dvd in japan before we got the fan subs, or where there any camcorded, like what people do in the states, during the theatrical release?

I was not around when the first Macross movie aired. Did we have to wait in the states until it came out on dvd in japan before we got the fan subs, or where there any camcorded, like what people do in the states, during the theatrical release?

That's a really interesting story, actually. For quite a few months, there was no camrip (it tends to be very difficult to pull off such illegalities in Japanese theaters), and then, suddenly, last spring, one showed up.

Problem: the guy who had it uploaded a few parts of the movie but refused to upload the rest until people started donating money to him. He did this, he said, not out of any kind of personal greed, but merely to get everyone to realize what hard work camripping is (is it really harder than making the movie in the first place...?).

Ultimately, he uploaded the rest of the movie, and many people were rewarded with an incredibly bad-looking version of the film...flickering screen, weird angle, the whole nine yards.

The rest of us waited until the DVD came out, and I think we got the better end of the deal. :)

That's a really interesting story, actually. For quite a few months, there was no camrip (it tends to be very difficult to pull off such illegalities in Japanese theaters), and then, suddenly, last spring, one showed up.

Problem: the guy who had it uploaded a few parts of the movie but refused to upload the rest until people started donating money to him. He did this, he said, not out of any kind of personal greed, but merely to get everyone to realize what hard work camripping is (is it really harder than making the movie in the first place...?).

Ultimately, he uploaded the rest of the movie, and many people were rewarded with an incredibly bad-looking version of the film...flickering screen, weird angle, the whole nine yards.

The rest of us waited until the DVD came out, and I think we got the better end of the deal. :)

But at least for this second movie if you can't wait and see if they resolve some loose ends you could find out. I did not go through the wait for the first macross but the recent wait for the Gundam 00 movie was horrible. The japanese public got to see it in feb or something while over here we had to wait until december. :(

The first movie took about 11 months to be released on DVD. Don't expect to see any resolutions anytime soon. I am looking forward to the 2nd movie as much as anyone, but I'm not letting it bother me since I know I won't see it for about a year.

The very fact that recently someone got charged for recording the soundtrack for the 00 movie in the theater with his mobile because he liked the music(I don't understand this myself, you can buy the ost easily enough and get better quality) give you the idea how seriously they take this in Japan.

And the less said about the 00 movie the better. With it's atrocious story it does not deserve the "Gundam" name in it whatsoever.

It was worth it to wait for the DVD of the first Frontier, it really was too bad that it was so very long....

But at least for this second movie if you can't wait and see if they resolve some loose ends you could find out. I did not go through the wait for the first macross but the recent wait for the Gundam 00 movie was horrible. The japanese public got to see it in feb or something while over here we had to wait until december. :(

I was in Kyoto in October and had a chance to watch 00 in the cinemas. I made an excellent call in hindsight by going to see something else.

For this second movie I'm going to end up having to wait for the dvd as well as I can't make it over there for it, as much as I would liked to. Still I'm sure those going will give us a heads up whether anything gets resolved or not in the movie. That's of most immediate importance for the rest of us right now.

And the less said about the 00 movie the better. With it's atrocious story it does not deserve the "Gundam" name in it whatsoever.

Hear, hear. Couldn't agree more. However, this is about the Macross movie, so...

Man, I hope there are -19s in the next movie. In any form, even just a cameo. I just wanna see 'em.

Ok. We can leave it alone if you want.

It's not really like we're attacking you or something, if it seems that way I apologize for my part in it.

We're merely trying to have a discussion into what exactly is the problem you had with the manga, mainly due to the fact that we're not really seeing it and trying to explore it from your point of view.

[...]

No problem, it simply looks weird to me that you wished to discuss personal opinions about an artistic creation: this looks impossible to me, because of tastes and everything...

I posted my impressions about the work of this author without any back reasonning or whatever else; I didn' even attempt to troll: it was just an opinion given like it came to me.

Gui says that I rule, so he's good in my books. ^_^

Of course, you rule buddy! :D

I don't see anything here which prevents me to give my opinion on any subject. Besides, what would be the purpose of this forum if people couldn't express their opinion?

[...]

Now, even if it did say that you had rights to post opinions, what you posted was a statement of fact, not your opinion. At best, it's an illogical misnomer.

Next time try: I don't like the artists drawing style. or The artwork is disagreeable with my tastes. With that, there'd be a jumping off point to create a discussion and not a negativity fest as the responses and responses to responses has turned into.

Frankly, you'll give me lessons about life when you'll be my father, and tomorrow is not yesterday...

Everyone knows that negative comments which take only one sentence and don't present any argument are supposed to be ignored: if you hadn't given any moral lessons in your very first reply to me, there wouldn't have been any exchange and I wouldn't be here explaining the obvious.

Now, I've finished :) Sorry for the interruption, everyone.

MF Movie 2, theme 放课后オーバーフロウ

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=984707803

(一般コミック)_<小山鹿梨子×河森正治>_シェリル~キス・イン・ザ・ギャラクシー~_第01巻.rar

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TS7A33VS

http://www.mediafire.com/?mbwp0bbwso7t7n5

http://u.115.com/file/t161c8859e

(一般コミック)_<小山鹿梨子×河森正治>_シェリル~キス・イン・ザ・ギャラクシー~_第02巻.rar

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5T0JQ7CC

http://www.mediafire.com/?x8rs1ghc64d86fm

http://u.115.com/file/t13bab181

Edited by kresphy

So much Alto vs Sheryl love. Where is the Alto vs Ranka love at? :rolleyes:

In one of the previous Macross F comics, Macross F: Embrace! To the End of the Galaxy!

EDIT: BTW, look at the color pic again, closely. That ain't Alto. B))

Edited by Gubaba

That looks like alto in his kabuki or what ever acting mode.

Considering most of the issue centers around Sheryl talking to Grace...and Alto's kabuki past is nowhere featured...I'm pretty sure its Grace. :)

Edited by Gubaba

In all honesty though I am looking forward to reading reviews from those on this site as well as others.

So am I.

I actually realy enjoyed the first movie. The fight choreography and level of detail in the final fight was amazing.

Graham

I thought it was sheryl too especially seeing the picture above with her in the pink. But now that you mention it you can t tell. This is a good promotion for the movie. It sparks the interest if this movie will resolve the love triangle. Which we all know they will not. Come on its Macross. None of the writers have the guts to do that espicialy with all the ranka vs sheryl fan boys out there in japan.

Just something to consider about the "petite" comment... Alto's wearing an EX-gear, so the hands and arms are larger than usual. Makes things seem a bit "off", when it comes to size proportion.

On a related note, that EX-gear got the crap torn out of it. All of this imagery of fire and destruction is making the 2nd movie seem like the s**t's gonna hit the fan pretty quick. ...Then you have the YF-29 rising above Alto like some kind of phoenix.

All this speculation about who the bride is is just another form of trolling. It's obviously designed to obscure any and all semblance of identification to keep the fanboys guessing. I'm gonna laugh if this "character" is actually relevant in the story, and it if is, it's neither Sheryl nor Ranka. Instead of resolving the love triangle, Alto finds someone else. :lol: