Macross Frontier Movie 2 thread - Now available on Blu-ray/DVD

Tochiro

I have read every post I suppose, but haven't found any answers to my questions. Hope someone could answer them. =)

1) How's the pacing or ratio of the Action scenes vs Character's Development scenes(story telling scenes), like for example the first movie we have battle for the first 20-30min then with 1h of story telling in between then again followup by another 30min of final battle.

2) What does the red VF1 do in the 2nd movie? Do we get to see it in combat?

3) How's the editing compared to the first movie. We have complains for the first movie that editing is bad, regarding the actions scenes.

Anyone got any answers? :rolleyes:

im not sure if that images correspond to this movie but not seen before

I just have to say again, one of my favorite side benefits of the switch to CGI mecha models in Macross is the effect it's had on the New Macross class. Battle 7 always looked kinda goofy, but Frontier and Galaxy seem much more solid and menacing.

Well what i know is that

Yes, Alto rejects Ranka and then confess his feelings to Sheryl but inmediatly dies or is MIA because he gets caught in the fold made by the Vajra Queen, Mikhail survives and Klan too

Epic ending. This is how the TV series should have ended, LOL... B))

MF Movie 2 OST, out!

You can google "f799ecb805"

OR you could buy it?

Mine just arrived - love amazon Japan free shipping :-)

Am off for a listen now, just wanted to share an image from the booklet - and no this doesnt happen in the movie...unfortunately.

post-9325-0-69412000-1299583989_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tochiro

I do not like all new song...

BAD albume!

= =

Personally I really like the album. Having said that, its more of a soundtrack than an album. Universal Bunny was an album imo. It could stand on its own without the movie. This one is more of a sountrack - theres musical ups and downs that are irrevocably linked to certain scenes in my mind but I can see how you might not appreciate it as much if you hadnt seen the movie. I do feel that it has more musical variety than Universal Bunny although yes, theres a few repeat tracks (once again though, all are relevant once you have seen them in context).

Having said all this - 'bad albume'...really? This is the BEST you can come up with for pirating this stuff before the ink on the booklets is even dry? Does this mean that youve actually gone out and bought albums when they are 'good'?

I mean come on, CDs arent region locked and they are comparatively affordable (compared to Japanese bluray and merchandise prices) and as such they are one of the best ways fans can support Macross. The album is BRAND NEW. Sure you have skirted breaking forum rules by posting a key word instead of a full link, but the result is the same. Please, take that down, seriously. You didnt even have the decency to put up a disclaimer asking people to support the series and buy the album as well.

Maybe I'm biased because my voice (along with several hundred other fans) is in the background of one or two of the tracks. But you know what? I can guarantee that every one of those fans bought and paid for the album. As a fellow fan, I hope you do too.

I do not like all new song...

BAD albume!

= =

None? Really? I also downloaded it because I'm in no way buying an album I had no idea about, and while I'm not swayed into buying, I can say that at least Ranka's new songs (well maybe not Koi no Dogfight, it's too perky for me) were pretty nice.

I hope it's not bad. I stepped up and bought it from CDJapan. Though I am racking up enough points with them that it was nearly free anyways.

Side note: I gave in and read the spoilers.... So awesome, but I wish I had the will power to have waited.

Personally I really like the album. Having said that, its more of a soundtrack than an album. Universal Bunny was an album imo. It could stand on its own without the movie. This one is more of a sountrack - theres musical ups and downs that are irrevocably linked to certain scenes in my mind but I can see how you might not appreciate it as much if you hadnt seen the movie. I do feel that it has more musical variety than Universal Bunny although yes, theres a few repeat tracks (once again though, all are relevant once you have seen them in context).

Having said all this - 'bad albume'...really? This is the BEST you can come up with for pirating this stuff before the ink on the booklets is even dry? Does this mean that youve actually gone out and bought albums when they are 'good'?

I mean come on, CDs arent region locked and they are comparatively affordable (compared to Japanese bluray and merchandise prices) and as such they are one of the best ways fans can support Macross. The album is BRAND NEW. Sure you have skirted breaking forum rules by posting a key word instead of a full link, but the result is the same. Please, take that down, seriously. You didnt even have the decency to put up a disclaimer asking people to support the series and buy the album as well.

Maybe I'm biased because my voice (along with several hundred other fans) is in the background of one or two of the tracks. But you know what? I can guarantee that every one of those fans bought and paid for the album. As a fellow fan, I hope you do too.

I'm actually glad to hear that it's more of a soundtrack. I love soundtracks, and too much of Frontier's score hasn't been released as it is. I'm sure there were plenty cues solely in the film versions to warrant it. Though you're probably right that it'll have better impact to one who's seen the film. Like how I can listen to a Williams or Horner score and envision the action. Looking forward to it moreso now.

I also agree that the Google keyword is unnecessary. Anyone wanting to download knows where to look anyway. I know I found it before even coming here, and will pick it up when I can.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Something is wrong with this album.Feels like something is missing.

Have you seen the movie? If not THAT is what is missing.

Is it shown in battroid? And is it a A, J or S model?

Well

She's just standing in the cockpit so... No we don't see what VF-1 is. What you see in the trailer is all that there is.

Is it shown in battroid? And is it a A, J or S model?

Judging by the shot of it in the end of the first movie (specifically the shadow of the lower fuselage), it is a Super VF-1J. Also, it is armed with a gunpod.

Judging by the shot of it in the end of the first movie (specifically the shadow of the lower fuselage), it is a Super VF-1J. Also, it is armed with a gunpod.

But again...

what you see in the trailer is pretty much all you see of it in the movie itself. Ranka gets in, it launches. That's it.

The hope of Sheryl's fans?

:(

Thats the problem when someone posts scans from an album labelled as NETABARE (=SPOLIER in English). The legality of scanning CD booklets and posting them not withstanding, theres stuff in the tracklists and the pics that are potential spoilers so its a bit of an inconsiderate thing to do imo.