Macross Frontier Movie 2 thread - Now available on Blu-ray/DVD

Tochiro

Lol, someone actually recorded it pre concert? Nice!

The VF-25 being destroyed is in line with how it looks in the new movie poster. Could also explain why Alto gets to pilot a new Valk in the movie (equivalent of a mid-series upgrade pretty much).

Also - they dont show WHO is in the wedding dress. Although, its obvious by now that Alto will get killed off and Ranka and Sherryl will hook up. And they will all live happily ever after. Right? Right?!?!?

Sheryl and Alto both die and Ranka hooks up with Brera in an incestuous bond which is Kawamori's big fat middle finger to both the shippers and Tokyo's recent amendments to youth ordinance regulations severely limiting freedom of expression in manga and anime, all in one fell swoop!

Seriously, though, the other things I noticed which intrigued me is that Grace's body gets all shot-up like, and also Sheryl is seen standing on a field with someone in a wheelchair, whom I can only assume is (Chairwoman) Mao Nome. ^_^

Man, it seems that Kawamori-sama will be trolling people left and right with this one. Klan alone in a wedding dress, Ranka and Alto sharing a moment the way Alto did with Sheryl in the series, Grace being apparently shot?

Sheryl in a nurse outfit....

I can't wait!!

Man, it seems that Kawamori-sama will be trolling people left and right with this one. Klan alone in a wedding dress, Ranka and Alto sharing a moment the way Alto did with Sheryl in the series, Grace being apparently shot?

Sheryl in a nurse outfit....

I can't wait!!

*sigh*

Can we quit with the whole "Kawamori is a troll" meme? It was annoying and untrue in 2008, it's annoying and untrue now.

I have this feeling that Grace isn't so "bad" as in the series, and that it's Leon Mishima who's the main antagonist. I could hear his voice all modulated in the trailer, as if he'd been physically altered.

The "horns" on the battleship are supposed to be like the Vajra Queen's head.

Yup---my guess is they're just animating the scene in the series when Leon's guys try to assassinate her a bit differently--having her actually get shot this time around. Or, it's a substitute for the "getting ripped apart on Gallia IV" scene.

Because either way we need an excuse for her to show up in her 2nd, all-new body. Her "unconscious new body being built on a table" is a fairly iconic image for the series. She frankly needs to be killed in a "messy" way at some point to justify "downloading" into a new one.

17.jpg

Hmm, looks like the Battle Galaxy HAS been infested by the Vajra... B))

up480366.jpg

Alto, you DOG!! :p

Purple hair

So... Klan and Mikhail!!!!!!!!!!

But... I think Mikhail also died...

24582_5722f023ccd237568142c6c5cc74bedd.jpg

Klan can never catch a break!!<_<

Hmm, looks like the Battle Galaxy HAS been infested by the Vajra... B))

Klan can never catch a break!!<_<

Especially since, if its chibi-klan (and it would have to be for her to fit into the church) she is actually standing at normal height in that shot. lol.

Also, pamphlets for the new movie have just been released to cinemas nationwide:

http://yfrog.com/f/h0sw6pj/

Edited by Tochiro

Yup---my guess is they're just animating the scene in the series when Leon's guys try to assassinate her a bit differently--having her actually get shot this time around. Or, it's a substitute for the "getting ripped apart on Gallia IV" scene.

Because either way we need an excuse for her to show up in her 2nd, all-new body. Her "unconscious new body being built on a table" is a fairly iconic image for the series. She frankly needs to be killed in a "messy" way at some point to justify "downloading" into a new one.

I was thinking the same thing. Grace "dying" at Gallia IV for no reason other than to watch the bomb up close instead of when she needed an excuse to be out of Frontier and out of Leon's radar is a really obvious thing to change when the slow reveal pacing of the TV series isn't needed. Sort of a second half equivalent to making Brera just show up as Sheryl's bodyguard rather than a mysterious Valkyrie/nameless man that shows up in trouble spots in the first movie.

Especially since, if its chibi-klan (and it would have to be for her to fit into the church) she is actually standing at normal height in that shot. lol.

That's big Klan. Michael is in the bouquet.

Or or or, it could be that Alto promised to marry both girls. You're looking at the one he stood up.

Seriously, I think it's Klan, and they found a way to get her to human size while in the proper proportions. That girl appears to be kneeling, and if so, there's no way that is chibi Klan. The proportions are just wrong.

That's big Klan. Michael is in the bouquet.

Or or or, it could be that Alto promised to marry both girls. You're looking at the one he stood up.

Seriously, I think it's Klan, and they found a way to get her to human size while in the proper proportions. That girl appears to be kneeling, and if so, there's no way that is chibi Klan. The proportions are just wrong.

OR, it's Alto!

*sigh*

Can we quit with the whole "Kawamori is a troll" meme? It was annoying and untrue in 2008, it's annoying and untrue now.

I wasn't saying that at all. I respect Shoji Kawamori and his work too much for that. I was just implying that the trailer was very cleverly made, showing bits and pieces of the film that could have many possible outcomes, leaving us as spectators really wondering as to how things will actually play out.

That was all. My choice of language to express that might not have been optimal.

NEW TRAILER!!! Prepare for awesomeness!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GugClf1Em1M&

Looks good and awesome!! Can't wait for the actual stuff. :)

It would seem my theory about Alto helping with Sheryl's wound in the first movie was correct.

I may have missed that posting before, but what was your theory?

I may have missed that posting before, but what was your theory?

When Alto and Sheryl fell down the hill during their Segway ride, Alto sucked the blood out of Sheryl's wound to keep her from getting an infection that she most likely would not have an immunity to. His theory was that because of the bodily fluid transfer (not THAT kind, you sick bastards), that Alto now carries the V-type infection as well.