Macross Frontier Movie 2 thread - Now available on Blu-ray/DVD

Tochiro

I thought "Open Ranka" was about the worst song in all of Frontier. I like the series music the best overall, followed by whatever Sheryl's last song in the first movie was. The final song of the 2nd movie was good too, but really didn't like any other new song in it.

I thought "Open Ranka" was about the worst song in all of Frontier. I like the series music the best overall, followed by whatever Sheryl's last song in the first movie was. The final song of the 2nd movie was good too, but really didn't like any other new song in it.

DAMN! REALLY? I thought the "Open Ranka" sequence was the best scene in the movie...

I guess the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you may not be right for some.

What did they translate them as?

Quantum Cannon instead of Macross Cannon

Intercepter Missile instead of Reaction Missile

They also left out or messed up names of Squadrons.

Another line in the movie...Delta One to Skull One....instead it said To Delta One. :o

Another line in the movie...Delta One to Skull One....instead it said To Delta One. :o

Don't worry, I'll fix it. Just wait about five-to-ten years.

Yea, I noticed the Delta 1 line. They also translated Griffith Park to Griffithburg. I've been going around looking at mistranslations and the works and editing the lines. Not really bothered about the song lyrics because I already edited the song lyrics to be small and out of the way.

I'm still getting grainy playback here and there with the 1080p commie fansubs.

I generally use VLC media player. Any tips?

VLC doesn't really work well with a lot of .mkv files. If you have Windows, I'm told CCCP is excellent and you just need to have it set up right for the 10bit.

If you use mac, then its a bit more difficult. I managed to watch it well enough with MPlayer OSX but have heard that some people had problems with this too.

Damn really. Isamus YF for like 3 secs?! Well at least they payed Homage. They should have used the american actors voice and had him whoop at least a little ass.

Oh and I used Media player OSX and it would grain and slow at times. Kinda annoying but hey. VLC wouldn't open it and just quit on me.

Edited by ErikElvis

I feel like the pixelation/blocking is built into the video when it was coded. I played it in 2 different players and it was identical. Am I wrong?

VLC didn't work for me either. I switched it to windows media player and it worked fine.

I do love the nods to all that has come before. From the Fire Bomber Costumes, to the staff Sheryl has from Macross Zero, of course Isamu flying around, and just so much. A good way to end the 25th Anniversary series. Now to the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN! REALLY? I thought the "Open Ranka" sequence was the best scene in the movie...

I guess the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you may not be right for some.

I personally loved Niji-Iro Kuma Kuma, and the sequence it played in. dshootingstarb is still my favorite song of the album, but I don't see ho wanyone can dislike this soundtrack. The new (live) version of Seikan Hikou is freakin' aweosme, and while I prefer Flying Rock to Kousuku Climax, I also really dug "Get It On." Sayonara no Tsubasa is no DYRL, but it fits the movie, and Hougake Overflow is probably one of the strongest Ranka songs.

I'm still disappointed that Izolado didn't make the films, but I'll get over it.

Oh and I used Media player OSX and it would grain and slow at times. Kinda annoying but hey. VLC wouldn't open it and just quit on me.

Try MPlayerX (http://mplayerx.org/) or download it from the app store. It plays the commie release smoothly or any hi10p stuff well.

Just a short cameo of Isamu. I shouted "ISAMUUUU!!!" when we saw it. :D

A lot of nods and homages... not a fan of the Durandal, but a good MacF movie. Ranka-focused (a bit too much for my taste). At least they gave me the answer that I wanted, but taking the other half away! :/

Cant wait to have the BD/PS3 game to my doorstep.

I used latest CCCP and the same copy of Media Player Classic I downloaded years ago and it played perfectly fine. It would not play in VLC for me. I tried that first since MPC had given me problems a month or so ago when I was trying to play videos.

Damn really. Isamus YF for like 3 secs?! Well at least they payed Homage.

Enjoy the gif I made of the scene; File name: MF_YF-19_Fly_By_Master.gif File size: 13.69 MB

I would have loved to have seen the YF-19 transform as it zooms into the camera, fire the gun pod and spin 360 degrees, then transform again and fly off like in the second part of the gif... a fanboy can dream.

They should have used the american actors voice and had him whoop at least a little ass.

breaking-bad101.jpeg

Isamu is... busy.

I feel like the pixelation/blocking is built into the video when it was coded. I played it in 2 different players and it was identical. Am I wrong?

VLC didn't work for me either. I switched it to windows media player and it worked fine.

I had the same problem here, but then installed latest version of k-lite complete pack, and used the latest version of mpc-hc. now the blocks seem to be gone.

Just finished it. Loved the little nods to 25 years of Macross.

Awesome movie.

Laughed my ass off with the Quarter... damn ship had a great presence in all the movie.

I should be working but I'm rewatching some parts, This deserves it.

Yes my TV is 3D capable

i wish some sub group would release a ps3 or a samsung smart tv compatible version (h264/ac3/srt) files

Here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nzwvwhza483t0zx

These are ASS, not SRT, but they do work on VLC player and I've read they can be converted to SRT. Used them to see the Blue-Ray rip (the image quality really needs it to show how beautiful everything looks; Commie versions look pixelly).

I was thinking more "Y" vs "V" as the typo. Frankly--I've seen it a lot in asian languages and those two letters get accidently swapped a lot.. The USS Rooseyelt is fairly famous now among model plane owners.

I have one of those, thank you Hobby Master

Try MPlayerX (http://mplayerx.org/) or download it from the app store. It plays the commie release smoothly or any hi10p stuff well.

Just a short cameo of Isamu. I shouted "ISAMUUUU!!!" when we saw it. :D

A lot of nods and homages... not a fan of the Durandal, but a good MacF movie. Ranka-focused (a bit too much for my taste). At least they gave me the answer that I wanted, but taking the other half away! :/

Cant wait to have the BD/PS3 game to my doorstep.

Thank you, I will try this I had no luck with VLC which normally play almost everything.

Edited by rdenham

Just finished it. Loved the little nods to 25 years of Macross.

Awesome movie.

Laughed my ass off with the Quarter... damn ship had a great presence in all the movie.

I should be working but I'm rewatching some parts, This deserves it.

Here you go:

http://www.mediafire...nzwvwhza483t0zx

These are ASS, not SRT, but they do work on VLC player and I've read they can be converted to SRT. Used them to see the Blue-Ray rip (the image quality really needs it to show how beautiful everything looks; Commie versions look pixelly).

Thanks but i really wanted to re watch the movie with the subs on my TV for the 120hz 3D goodness. I can certainly demux the mkv file and remux the right audio but i dont have an .ass to .srt converter for the subs. Does anyone know of a converter?? Better yet can anyone hardcode the sub to a MP4 file? Ive been using gotsent but it takes 10+ hours to convert an mkv to a mp4 because of my old pc.

Quantum Cannon is consistent with the published materials on Macross Frontier (that's published in Japanese, and translated into English).

Interceptor missile is... odd. Especially because the Japanese for reaction missiles is generally 反応弾 (reaction warhead). But I can kinda see how it happened. 反応 means both reaction & response. Response -> launched in response -> intercept?

Check out the paint jobs on the monsters in the foreground;

Didn't notice them the first few time around!

What's more shocking is the Guantanamo carriers in the background. Those are space-use only!

What's more shocking is the Guantanamo carriers in the background. Those are space-use only!

No doubt some ppl at the macross universe said the same while watching the "Macross Frontier Movie".

-meh the Guantanamo Carrier can't fly, it's space only. i know because i serve at one.

:p

Edited by akt_m

I just finished watching it and I don't really know what to make of it yet. My first impression is that I'm disappointed like I was with the first movie. Its good that they changed things up but having the story condensed into two movies really makes all the faults shine through.

My biggest disappointment was the ending to the movie. The final episode of the series was perfect for me but the movie just lacked that special something and I think its just because the music wasn't as good. I'll give them credit on the concert scenes though, they were amazing and had me wanting more. It was also nice that they toned Sheryl down. In the first movie it felt like they were flaunting her too much by having her shove ass at the screen and other things like that.

I think I'll be sticking to the series form now on. Maybe I can give a better description of why it disappointed me once I've had time to take it all in.

Isamu showing up was awesome though and the highlight of the movie for me. I was lying down and I literally sat up with a smile on my face when I saw him.

Speaking of DYRL, has there been any word on the cannon of the movie versus the TV series? Will this be another case of 'left to fans to decide'?

I don't really know that it's important. Compared even to DYRL, the general events of 2059 as history will see them are pretty much the same for both TV and movies, with the differences being in the fine points of political intrigue and the survival of a few characters that won't be seen in future series and won't be household names of future decades or anything. With the level of detail most Macross series give to their predecessors, there's just no discrepancies to rank up with the setting differences between SDFM and DYRL.

I can't get any of the video files to play I've tried winamp VLC nothing works mplayerx is conversion software from what I can tell not a media player. I have searched for a decent video file via torrentz,com and can't find anything is there a direct link to a file which will play with VLC.

Edited by rdenham

hmm... I tired watching the 1080p torrent, and it played ok but their was some noticable tiling on darker scenes while using VCL. I'm downloading the 720p mkv to see what happens.