Macross Frontier Movie 2 thread - Now available on Blu-ray/DVD

Tochiro

That would be funny. But i don't think that predicting the outcome of the triangle is trolling if it is all done in good fun, and the one posting is not bashing the show and or other posters. Predicting the outcome is part of the magic of waiting for the next release and why they leave things on cliff hangers. :)

Edited by NastyNate

That would be funny. But i don't think that predicting the outcome of the triangle is trolling if it is all done in good fun, and the one posting is not bashing the show and or other posters. Predicting the outcome is part of the magic of waiting for the next release and why they leave things on cliff hangers. :)

"All in good fun"...?

Man, you should've been here when the TV series ended... ^_^

"All in good fun"...?

Man, you should've been here when the TV series ended... ^_^

Ah well you have a point there. I am new to the Macross world and I missed it as it was airing. But I am a long time gundam fan and I have seen plenty of that during the Gundam 00 airing days.

Ah well you have a point there. I am new to the Macross world and I missed it as it was airing. But I am a long time gundam fan and I have seen plenty of that during the Gundam 00 airing days.

I was here when the tv series ended and it must have been so traumatic that I've blocked it all out... That or I was too busy with work to check in as things really ramped up round that time. I prefer the former explanation.

If things were that bad for the 00 when it was on, I can't imagine what it was like for the movie. Dear lord....

Atleast we can somewhat safely say that this second movie isn't to generate that much discourse. *Fingers crossed*

Hi anyone know whether there would be any sort Macross Frontier Movie 2 promotional events before the screening of the movie? Me, member IKHII and 1 other Macross fan would be visiting Tokyo on 16 Feb to 20 Feb 2011, so if anyone know where there is any movie promtional event, please let us know as we would be eager to attend ! :)

Can someone in Japan get that poster and scan it for all of his/her macrossworld buddies? Please? :)

I saw it in the lobby at a cinema on Saturday, but it hasnt been used on any flyers or items that the public can get their hands on yet as far as I know.

Once the movie has finished screening Im going to make it a priority to hunt down a full sized poster though :-)

Hi anyone know whether there would be any sort Macross Frontier Movie 2 promotional events before the screening of the movie? Me, member IKHII and 1 other Macross fan would be visiting Tokyo on 16 Feb to 20 Feb 2011, so if anyone know where there is any movie promtional event, please let us know as we would be eager to attend ! :)

Well, you've missed Wonderfest unfortunately, although theres a Tenjin autograph session on the 20th (see Valkyries Second Sortie thread). I've only scanned the event info, but it looks like you have to call the Yodobashi in Akiba to reserve a copy of their book, which they give you along with an autograph session ticket on the day.

Apart from that, theres a talkshow on the 26th and the Appreciation Festival on March 19 for Fanclub members.

These are all the promotional events that I know of at the moment. There is also some sort of promotional thing thats ongoing over at Sunshine 60 in Ikebukuro. It runs thru to April so you might want to look into it.

Hope this helps.

I saw it in the lobby at a cinema on Saturday, but it hasnt been used on any flyers or items that the public can get their hands on yet as far as I know.

Once the movie has finished screening Im going to make it a priority to hunt down a full sized poster though :-)

Well, you've missed Wonderfest unfortunately, although theres a Tenjin autograph session on the 20th (see Valkyries Second Sortie thread). I've only scanned the event info, but it looks like you have to call the Yodobashi in Akiba to reserve a copy of their book, which they give you along with an autograph session ticket on the day.

Apart from that, theres a talkshow on the 26th and the Appreciation Festival on March 19 for Fanclub members.

These are all the promotional events that I know of at the moment. There is also some sort of promotional thing thats ongoing over at Sunshine 60 in Ikebukuro. It runs thru to April so you might want to look into it.

Hope this helps.

Hi Tochiro,

Many thanks for the info. Would you be attending the autograph session? We would be definitely be checking out the event at Sunshine 60 in Ikebukuro.

So with this new trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GugClf1Em1M

it looks like they are going to keep michael alive and still keep his relationship with klan klan.

I wonder what is up with the bells and wedding dress scene. The real question is are they going to tie up loose ends with this one or are they going to make a new season? What do you think?

If they're going to create a new story/continuity for the movie, which will we take as canon? Personally, I think the death of Michel added some emotional depth to the series and is part of what made the series unforgettable. I would prefer if the same thing will happen in the movie, no offense bro :p

Get ready for the rush of printed material coming out in the next few months. I would've been happy with JUST Tenjin's new book, this is just icing on the cake. AmiAmi just opened up preorders for these artbooks/magazines.

1. Macross F Visual Collection Sheryl Nome II (Book) [Kadokawa Group Publishing]

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=BOK-3803&template=default/product/e_display.html

2. Monthly HobbyJAPAN May 2011 Issue Macross F w/ Sheryl Nome Vignette (Magazine)[HobbyJAPAN]

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=BOK-3792&template=default/product/e_display.html

3. Official Complete Book Macross F the Movie -Sayonara no Tsubasa- (Book)[Kadokawa Group Publishing]

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=BOK-3804&template=default/product/e_display.html

4. Macross F Valkyrie Fighter Master File VF-25 Messiah (Book)[softbank Creative]

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=BOK-3781&template=default/product/e_display.html

Today is 2.14, only 12 days, so I really think the staff remake the ending!!!!

劇場版マクロスFが完成したらしい…。今週、確かめてやる!!

24582_729ae7901dce1954983ad0af1606e5d0.jpg

マクロスFスタッフのみなさん、お疲れ様でした~最期迄大変でしたね~

マクロスF劇場版サヨナラノツバサ 完成しましたー

24582_1cba83f9acc78bdb4d67f2952e00f1bd.jpg

Edited by kresphy

I was all set to watch this on the 1st of March when movie tickets are much cheaper, but if Tochiro and Gubaba et al are organizing some gathering to see it on opening night, I might tag along for the ride. ;)

So, any plans? B))

I was all set to watch this on the 1st of March when movie tickets are much cheaper, but if Tochiro and Gubaba et al are organizing some gathering to see it on opening night, I might tag along for the ride. ;)

So, any plans? B))

Well I have a ticket - whether or not I can use it to get in on the first day - thats the challenge!

Have also applied for a tic for the talkshow on the 26th - waiting for results. I DID manage to get into the fanclub only thing in March though.

So, any plans? B))

I have the day off and Josue and I will be meeting in Ikebukuro...still not sure what time, though. Personally, I'd like to get there early and go to the first show I can. But if the 26th is as cold as this last weekend has been, I might try for a bit later.

Breaking news! The new Macross Frontier movie has just been completed (literally minutes ago), according to Tenjin's Twitter feed.

The 26th cant come fast enough!

Wow, that's really cutting it close, isn't it? Finishing a movie 12 days before a premiere. Wow!

Very exciting. I am as always immensely jealous of all those who'll be able to see this on the big screen.

Wow, that's really cutting it close, isn't it? Finishing a movie 12 days before a premiere. Wow!

I heard it was like that for the last movie too, because Kawamori kept changing the storyboards even at a late stage.

Oh, and IIRC, I heard one of Michael Bay's Transformer movies also finished editing hours before its premiere!

I have the day off and Josue and I will be meeting in Ikebukuro...still not sure what time, though. Personally, I'd like to get there early and go to the first show I can. But if the 26th is as cold as this last weekend has been, I might try for a bit later.

Man.. I don't know what I should do, Ikebukuro is gonna be packed as hell, no matter what time we get there. I wish movies didn't open on Saturdays instead of Fridays over here.

I might just go to film the huge crowds lining up in the freezing cold, even if I don't get to go inside. B))