Macross Frontier Movie 2 thread - Now available on Blu-ray/DVD

Tochiro

Even though I really don't give a crap about "whom Alto chooses", I have to say that that looks like Ranka. The way the hair goes around the face and is thick on the sides is what gives me the impression.

I may be wrong, but 17 years old is a legal adult in Japan, right? Ranka is 16, while Sheryl and Alto are 17. It's not far-fetched to find women marrying at that age. 18-year-olds do it here in the US all the time.

Sometimes Green hair look purplish in dark scenes of anime. Regardless of who the girl is, doesn't it weird to marry at their age?

Yeh it could be Ranka but i think it's Klan, and marrying at 16 or 17 is normal in Macross, Max and Milia married at 16 and in macross 7 Milia wanted to get Mylene married at 14, so it's ok.

Sometimes Green hair look purplish in dark scenes of anime.

Hmmm, I dunno, but there is a green and dark green reference based on the leaves on the bouquet, and that hair is different.

I'm wondering if that comic strip posted by kresphy is new? Hehe, marriage talk ensue.

Getting old, memory is going!

Was it ever established whether there was going to be a 3rd Frontier movie or not? Or is two it?

It'$ ju$t 2 movie$. There may be another one, if there i$ a demand for it.

(And if you can't see the hint, you're going blind too, old man).

When Alto and Sheryl fell down the hill during their Segway ride, Alto sucked the blood out of Sheryl's wound to keep her from getting an infection that she most likely would not have an immunity to. His theory was that because of the bodily fluid transfer (not THAT kind, you sick bastards), that Alto now carries the V-type infection as well.

What he said. And as shown in the trailer, Alto cough's up as much blood as Sheryl.

The shot with the cracked visor, no wound with blood floating inside.

Well, his valkyrie got pierced through the cockpit just a few seconds before that:

th_vf25pir.png

And if he coughed up blood then the visor should be stained, but I don't see blood really

th_altowoun.png

Unless you are refering to the three dots on his cheek, but that could be from a wound on the head or something else.

I remember that Alto sucked some of Sheryl's blood (and then spit it), but judging from the trailers it doesn't seem like he is sick or anything so maybe he didn't get infected, and who knows maybe they changed some things about the V-type infection or how one could get infected, I mean they have already made some changes like Sheryl knowing about her family or that she was born on Gallia 4 instead of Macross Galaxy, I know it's unlikely but it's just an idea.

Edited by Dash

Yeh it could be Ranka but i think it's Klan, and marrying at 16 or 17 is normal in Macross, Max and Milia married at 16 and in macross 7 Milia wanted to get Mylene married at 14, so it's ok.

I see. So it's very common in the Macross Universe.

Hmmm, I dunno, but there is a green and dark green reference based on the leaves on the bouquet, and that hair is different.

I didn't notice that. You are right. =)

Has there been any word on the red VF-1 we saw in the teaser trailer at the end of The False Songstress? I mean, there are only two pilots that we know of that fly red variable fighters.

The theory that seems to be floating around is some kind of tie-in with the new serialized novel in Dengeki Hobby magazine: "Macross the Ride".

About the red vf1: If it's a 1D, maybe it's Ozma or some other pilot (in Basara's colors) taking Ranka to Gallia IV

It's not, it's a Super VF-1J. You can see the single-seat canopy and the shadow of the head lasers. It's also armed with a gunpod, according to the shadow.

The theory that seems to be floating around is some kind of tie-in with the new serialized novel in Dengeki Hobby magazine: "Macross the Ride".

Nah... if what little art we've seen is anything to go by, it's the wrong color to be Hakuna Aoba's VF-1, which appears to be a blue VF-1A. As Talos said, the one we see in the trailer is a red VF-1J.

Well, looking at the trailer and the news from Toshiro in the Scoop thread, I'm thinking that this movie isn't going to finish the Frontier vs. Galaxy story now. Or atleast do it adequately.

With a possible new season however.... *Keeping fingers crossed*

I don't think so...

A mere eight seconds into the movie trailer, it says "Macross F Movie Edition: COMPLETED (i.e. FINISHED) STORY."

Also, the movie novelization is in two volumes...The False Diva is the "Upper" volume, The Wings of Goodbye is the "Lower" volume. If they were planning to continue it, Wings of Goodbye would be the "Middle" volume.

I don't think so...

A mere eight seconds into the movie trailer, it says "Macross F Movie Edition: COMPLETED (i.e. FINISHED) STORY."

Also, the movie novelization is in two volumes...The False Diva is the "Upper" volume, The Wings of Goodbye is the "Lower" volume. If they were planning to continue it, Wings of Goodbye would be the "Middle" volume.

Well if that's the case then that is unfortunate. The tv series never concluded that part of the story. While a large portion of the Galaxy fleet were seen during the final battle; including the Galaxy fortress itself, the colony was nowhere to be seen. As a result of the end of the war, of the Galaxy cabal, Grace may be the only one that died(*OR DID SHE??!*). That part of the story was just left hanging there.

Rule of storytelling: If you don't show me or even tell me, it didn't happen.

Damn shame as a series of the war between Frontier and Galaxy would be quite interesting, showing while as dangerous as an external threat such as the Varjira's are, the most dangerous are always from your own side. A storytelling device that has been used to great effect for a while now. To some degree what made the original Gundam series so great.

Sure they had the Leon coup in Frontier but that was something Galaxy had a part in, and so we end up at the start of the argument again.

Well, we'll see in a couple of month's time. Maybe they'll pull it off and tie it all up properly with the 2nd movie.

I sure hope so it they are going to do just that.

Well, looking at the trailer and the news from Toshiro in the Scoop thread, I'm thinking that this movie isn't going to finish the Frontier vs. Galaxy story now.

Considering DYRL? squished 20-odd episodes into less than 2-hours, M+ Movie edition squished 4 40-minute episodes into into less than 2-hours and Movie 1 squished 8 episodes + odds-and-ends into 2 hours, don't put your hopes high.

Or atleast do it adequately.

Considering the pacing of Movie 1, there's probably going to be a significant amount of reworking.

Well, looking at the trailer and the news from Toshiro in the Scoop thread, I'm thinking that this movie isn't going to finish the Frontier vs. Galaxy story now. Or atleast do it adequately.

With a possible new season however.... *Keeping fingers crossed*

Probably wishful thinking. Given the timing of the event Im sure that SOMETHING will be announced - but it could be a PS3 game (finally?) or a new CD or heck even a new album. Personally Id like to see Kawamori strike while the irons hot and announce whatever series/OVA will come after Macross F but given that its a MACROSS F fanclub, I doubt that thats likely. Overall the event IS a bit of a mystery though.

The one thing I CAN say with certainty is that, with Fukuyamas 20th anniversary tour, TWO Kajiura concerts, a fanclub event, concerts by both Mayn and Megumi and most likely some sort of concert tba by Mari Iijima, its looking like the Macross boom isnt ending anytime soon though.

Hell, they might not even do much with the Galaxy angle if they're just that pressed for time.

I suspect they'll play the Galaxy angle as the fleet was destroyed and the Battle Galaxy became infested with Vajra, turning it into what we've seen already published...

Probably wishful thinking. Given the timing of the event Im sure that SOMETHING will be announced - but it could be a PS3 game (finally?) or a new CD or heck even a new album. Personally Id like to see Kawamori strike while the irons hot and announce whatever series/OVA will come after Macross F but given that its a MACROSS F fanclub, I doubt that thats likely. Overall the event IS a bit of a mystery though.

The one thing I CAN say with certainty is that, with Fukuyamas 20th anniversary tour, TWO Kajiura concerts, a fanclub event, concerts by both Mayn and Megumi and most likely some sort of concert tba by Mari Iijima, its looking like the Macross boom isnt ending anytime soon though.

Well SDFM buzz lasted for what 5+ years? Mac 7 about the same? So this prolly won't cool for at least a couple more years...