Macross Frontier Movie 2 thread - Now available on Blu-ray/DVD

Tochiro

the one good thing i guess about no Nanase is that Luca hardly says anything and we hardly see him,which is great cuz y'know...Luca is dumb. :p

Also mean we have more time for Ozma teasing Luca about his child-like appearance, which is always good.

the one good thing i guess about no Nanase is that Luca hardly says anything and we hardly see him,which is great cuz y'know...Luca is dumb. :p

Also mean we have more time for Ozma teasing Luca about his child-like appearance, which is always good.

I think Luca's biggest handicap is that he's always wearing those damned shorts! Kawamori has no sympathy for the guy. If he did, he would give him some proper trousers:D

Are there any songs/instrumentals that you guys would like to hear in the second movie? I'd love it if they manage to incorporate "is this LOVE?" in the second movie. :wub:

Wouldn't mind hearing 'Reminiscence Trumpet' again. An extended version would be nice.

Are there any songs/instrumentals that you guys would like to hear in the second movie? I'd love it if they manage to incorporate "is this LOVE?" in the second movie. :wub:

i'm mad about that song. it's in constant circulation on my ipod. would be great if they put it in the 2nd movie. for one thing, i still haven't managed to track down where exactly in the series they used "is this LOVE?"

another one i liked was "Kira" or "Twinkle". also can't trace where it was in the series, but love it regardless

i'm mad about that song. it's in constant circulation on my ipod. would be great if they put it in the 2nd movie. for one thing, i still haven't managed to track down where exactly in the series they used "is this LOVE?"

another one i liked was "Kira" or "Twinkle". also can't trace where it was in the series, but love it regardless

That's awesome. "is this LOVE?" is definitely one of my all time favorites. Sadly though, I don't believe they ever used "is this LOVE?" in the TV series. I don't recall hearing "Twinkle" in the TV series either. Come to think of it, there's a track titled "Soko ni Aru no ga Mirai dakara" on the Macross II OST Volume 2 CD that never appeared in the show either. You'd think that these producers would use these tracks that they paid good money for...no?

• 3 weeks later...

Has anybody heard of the YF-29? Anybody who can read please confirm if Alto is going to fly this instead of the VF-171EX Nightmare Plus.

Eh... this is literally the first we've seen or heard of the bloody thing and the movie won't be out for another 2 months, so we're not going to have an answer to that question. The piece describes it as being Alto's, but the movie is still forthcoming... so I'm not surprised that they have almost nothing to say about it. The main thrust of the piece is exactly as sketchley summarized in the SCOOPDA thread... it's a new valkyrie made for the 2nd Macross Frontier movie, supposedly piloted by Alto, and Bandai is tentatively making a 1/100 scale model of it to sell for 1260 yen. That's all there is (of significance) in there... there ain't no more. So far, the only screen captures from the movie that we've seen have shown Alto still flying his Tornado Messiah.

Not liking this new YF-29 at all on first glance.

It really is as others have been saying, a mish-mash of the VF-25/VF-27/SV-51 and YF-19.

I think this is the first Valk fighter mode that I have taken an instant dislike to.

I definitely prefer te look of the new VF-19EF from Macross-R, over the YF-29.

It's interesting to note that Bandai are releasing it as a 1/100 (likely non-transforming) kit, rather than 1/72 like the rest of their Macross Frontier models.

I wonder if the YF-29 will make it into the upcoming Macross Triangle Frontier PSP game (unlikely, as I think it's already been mentioned that that game will only cover the first Frontier movie).

I guess we will see a toy at some stage, whether it is Hi-Metal or 1/60 DX, who knows.

Graham

I think this is the first Valk fighter mode that I have taken an instant dislike to.

Likewise... it's a stylistic clusterf*ck of elements from several different previous VFs that just do not work well together. I'd much rather see Alto stick to flying his VF-25F Tornado Messiah or the VF-171EX Nightmare Plus than have that horrid thing take center stage. There's ugly and then there's ugly... and being a mishmash of conflicting design elements from the SV-51, VF-19, VF-25, and VF-27 firmly puts the YF-29 in the ugly category, IMO. I have a sneaking suspicion that the YF-29's the main Macross continuity's answer to the Metal Siren... a painfully ugly and painfully overpowered prototype pressed into combat in extremis at the climax of the movie.

I definitely prefer te look of the new VF-19EF from Macross-R, over the YF-29.

I'll second that emotion...

So, there's a new generation of fighters available in the VF-25 and VF-27... this isn't like Kawamori to put in ANOTHER cutting-edge variable fighter so quickly in the timeline. And why the hell does Alto get to fly it? He's a newbie pilot at this point in the series. I was kinda irked at how "good" he appeared to be after being a combat pilot for maybe a few weeks. As a matter of fact, that final battle in the movie was his first live combat engagement. Those simulators must be pretty f'ing good... Michael DID crank up the difficulty on Alto for his training.

Why does it feel like this is fan-created work and someone's just going with it? I remember the hubbub when pictures of SSJ5 Goku popped up along with rumors of a "Dragonball AF", and people were in a frenzy over it.

I'm not saying that I don't believe what's in that magazine scan; I'm just remaining cautiously pessimistic. ^_^

Edited by frothymug

Well, I sort of like it has elements of what superficially resembles an F-14 and X-29. Not sure if the VF-19 had those elements before.

As for being overpowered? Too early to tell, Valks aren't Gundams afterall. The only ones that can drop Capital ships like a bad habit have reaction missiles or shells. As long as there's no uber beam, I'll be happy.

Perhaps it's something similar to an F-15 ACTIVE. The VF-25 is the next generation standard model, the ACTIVE was proof of concept and test bed. That doesn't seem too unreasonable.

Edited by manwiththemachinegun

As for being overpowered? Too early to tell, Valks aren't Gundams afterall. The only ones that can drop Capital ships like a bad habit have reaction missiles or shells. As long as there's no uber beam, I'll be happy.

Not if you include Macross games like M3 and VF-X2. Especially if your surname is Jenius.

Need to read through the Trial Frontier thread again, but I seem to recall didn't someone say that the Famitsu magazine article mentioned that Triangle Frontier would only have mecha and stages from the 1st Frontier movie.

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

Likewise... it's a stylistic clusterf*ck of elements from several different previous VFs that just do not work well together. I'd much rather see Alto stick to flying his VF-25F Tornado Messiah or the VF-171EX Nightmare Plus than have that horrid thing take center stage. There's ugly and then there's ugly... and being a mishmash of conflicting design elements from the SV-51, VF-19, VF-25, and VF-27 firmly puts the YF-29 in the ugly category, IMO. I have a sneaking suspicion that the YF-29's the main Macross continuity's answer to the Metal Siren... a painfully ugly and painfully overpowered prototype pressed into combat in extremis at the climax of the movie.

I'll second that emotion...

3rd. Its a gimmick to us to spend $ & and to dry hu... articulate in pelvis gesture, as much $ as they can from the Macross Frontier Property. In terms of company vs company, is Macross trying at least to keep up with the Gundam merchantdicing machine?

3rd. Its a gimmick to us to spend $ & and to dry hu... articulate in pelvis gesture, as much $ as they can from the Macross Frontier Property. In terms of company vs company, is Macross trying at least to keep up with the Gundam merchantdicing machine?

Ah, that's been going on since 1982.

Kind of going for a Valkyria Chronicles look...

Sort of, if a touch darker or fantastical. Would've worked better had they gone for a more recruitment poster look ("Remember Gallia 4!")

WAAAAAAY better than Ranka's poster.

Naw, they're both weird (assuming the website splash page is the ranka one).though interesting that they countered "Ranka-cute" without the usual "Sheryl-sexy". Not sure what to make of either of them. Though still better than the False Diva mess. Though I suppose this works given how gung-ho the fleet gets at this point in the series.

New PV filmed at the "Merry Christmas Without you" live:

Not very good quality really, but at least it's something.

I want to see this with proper quality but things I can see are Sheryl coughing blood, Ranka Singing, Alto's VF-25 being destroyed and he apparently dying... and a wedding? :huh:

New PV filmed at the "Merry Christmas Without you" live:

Not very good quality really, but at least it's something.

I want to see this with proper quality but things I can see are Sheryl coughing blood, Ranka Singing, Alto's VF-25 being destroyed and he apparently dying... and a wedding? :huh:

Lol, someone actually recorded it pre concert? Nice!

The VF-25 being destroyed is in line with how it looks in the new movie poster. Could also explain why Alto gets to pilot a new Valk in the movie (equivalent of a mid-series upgrade pretty much).

Also - they dont show WHO is in the wedding dress. Although, its obvious by now that Alto will get killed off and Ranka and Sherryl will hook up. And they will all live happily ever after. Right? Right?!?!?