Macross Frontier Movie 2 thread - Now available on Blu-ray/DVD

Tochiro

Yeah, you heard that from someone who takes it upon themselves to make that kind of crap up to sound knowledgeable. It's naive to believe that they'd actually say that the triangle will be resolved so soon before the movie is actually released.

Yeah, you heard that from someone who takes it upon themselves to make that kind of crap up to sound knowledgeable. It's naive to believe that they'd actually say that the triangle will be resolved so soon before the movie is actually released.

That "someone" is Kawamori, he's been saying that since even before the release of the first movie.

That "someone" is Kawamori, he's been saying that since even before the release of the first movie.

Linkage, please? ^_^ Please allow me the decency of consuming the rest of my foot in style.

Now, I've heard this before from Masaki Kajishima, the creator of Tenchi Muyo. He claimed that he'd resolve the love triangle in the 3rd OVA, but he never did and really just screwed up the entire franchise for me with the nonsensical horse manure of the 3rd OVA. I was halfway through watching the episodes and literally hopped out of my chair screaming "WTF is going on?!?!"

Linkage, please?

Oh, I don't know anymore. There's been so many threads on the movie and so many pages in each, I don't really want to go through them. As well as that, there's the Kawamori interviews since the first issue of Macross Ace which I remember mention that.

Quick question.

I lost all interest in MF after the last couple of episodes.

Are these Movie 1 and Movie 2 sequels to the series?

You are no longer allowed to post here. Just kidding. :)

The movie is a re-telling of the series. Movie 1 covers some of the story. Movie 2 cover the rest of the series and takes you a little further beyond. At least that is what I read from others here.

So, anyone know what the Super Valk was all about on the teaser at the end of the Movie 1 Blu-ray?

This one:

*snip* Not reposting the image.

All I can say is, I think it's a VF-1J and it's definitely armed with the gunpod. You can see the shadow on the deck as well as the lack of cannons. Only the VF-1J has the cannons on the head up close enough to the fuselage as to not be seen in silhouette.

OMFG!!! Those have to be 80 - 100mm rounds!! They could take out friggin figate!!:p

If you're not getting your maximum daily value of dakka from that smaller capture, it comes in XL size too.

Just looking at it, it looks like the new arm guns mounted on that remodeled König Monster are just a reuse of the rotary cannons off the existing Cheyenne CG model. We'll have to wait and see if they actually meant this new model of König Monster to have been modified with Cheyenne II parts, or if they were just borrowing the art to save time and didn't think anyone would notice.

All I can say is, I think it's a VF-1J and it's definitely armed with the gunpod. You can see the shadow on the deck as well as the lack of cannons. Only the VF-1J has the cannons on the head up close enough to the fuselage as to not be seen in silhouette.

Clearly done up in Basara colors too... but as far as I'm aware there's been nothing to suggest we'll actually be getting an appearance from him. I'd say it's more likely that we've caught a glimpse of some crazy Fire Bomber fan's hobby machine... probably Ozma's. It's like that Hobby HiZack done up in the color scheme of the original Gundam in Char's Counterattack... only potentially more disturbing.;)

Clearly done up in Basara colors too... but as far as I'm aware there's been nothing to suggest we'll actually be getting an appearance from him. I'd say it's more likely that we've caught a glimpse of some crazy Fire Bomber fan's hobby machine... probably Ozma's. It's like that Hobby HiZack done up in the color scheme of the original Gundam in Char's Counterattack... only potentially more disturbing.;)

let my guess, Ozma Taking out Ranka to sing to a horde of vajra?

let my guess, Ozma Taking out Ranka to sing to a horde of vajra?

Actually, if you consider the possibility that both movies are taking major events right out of the DYRL playbook (as I've written up here), and make the last battle of the first movie the analogue to DYRL's kidnapping chase arc (with backup coming to help), it works well if this custom VF-1 is Ozma's: it facilitates a scene for the "big brother" character of the hero(ine) to be killed off (a la Kinryu's use of a special valkyrie for his last stand in Macross 7).

Then, by implication from my other post, the second movie focuses on the Ozma's death (split from any kidnapping arc), the history of the Vajra, and the final battle, i.e. the major parallels to DYRL that the first movie hasn't covered. (I know the TV series and Keith would elude to Michel dying in the second movie, but I can't see that as having as much of a theatrical impact.) Ozma's death just makes more sense for a movie and the current character developments, as well as for the DYRL parallels. The "big brother" figure dies, taking an emotional toll on the hero(ine), with the character analogues being Ozma, Ranka, & Cathy vs. Roy, Hikaru, & Claudia.

Makes sense to me, but I wouldn't necessarily bet on it; I thought the first movie was close enough of a DYRL copy on its own.

Edited by veffidas

So Battle 25 gets infected? Nested? I guess that makes the Vajra biomechanical and not completely biological then.

I don't know, I think it's just some kind of poster art, as in, you definitely won't see Sheryl and Ranked got tied up with red threads in the movie like they did in that picture.

I could totally see some kind of biomechanical augmentation of Battle 25 as a feasible story element. The picture is quite menacing... except it's offset by two lovely ladies dressed in the purity of white.

I didn't know Zerg Queens could infest Battlecruisers...

Quick question.

I lost all interest in MF after the last couple of episodes.

Are these Movie 1 and Movie 2 sequels to the series?

Haha, I kind of know how you feel....I have no idea where Macross is going nowadays........the male leads are way to nancy and some of the female leads are way to jb for my liking...wtf....still, I'll give these movies a chance. Maybe it will change my outlook.

If you're not getting your maximum daily value of dakka from that smaller capture, it comes in XL size too.

Just looking at it, it looks like the new arm guns mounted on that remodeled König Monster are just a reuse of the rotary cannons off the existing Cheyenne CG model. We'll have to wait and see if they actually meant this new model of König Monster to have been modified with Cheyenne II parts, or if they were just borrowing the art to save time and didn't think anyone would notice.

I'd suspect its a new Version of the VB series, possibly a VB-6G or maybe even a "VB-7"!!

It is definitely a VB Monster body. However, why not swap out missile launchers instead of the howizers?

If it allows Bandai to sell a slightly modified version of an existing toy mold, expect it!

Hence the Tornado packs for Micheal's VF-25G...

DYRL set the standard for "going to the well twice" with existing toy molds...wink.gif

I cant believe I only NOW just watched the 2nd movie teaser...after going thru the scoopda thread I was from - :unsure: *after looking at teaser,info,new pics* :D *hypermode activated*

finally solve that triangle once and for all.

p/s NEEDS MOAR KLAN!

Edited by Vepariga