Macross Frontier Movie 2 thread - Now available on Blu-ray/DVD

Tochiro

Straight from Kawamoris mouth:

Macross F movie 2- Feb 26, 2011

Mac F music clip coll ( dvd&blu with original footage as well as tv and movie footage)- Dec 15, 2010.

Macross F Xmas event (produced by yoko kana): Dec 24, 2010.

Work on the music clip collection is what caused the delay of the 2nd movie.

Also, screams from the 8000ppl crowd were recorded to be used in the movie, Save and myself among them p(happy.gif)q

Rough teaser for movie 2 was shown. 20% was still sketches. Some new dogfights, a new poppy ranka song.

Phone batts are dying so will update further once I get to the airport in a couple of hrs.

Well, I have 10 mins before I have to dash from the airport net cafe and jump on a plane, so detailed observations wll need to wait untl later.

I am, howevwer, going to throw a few pics up in the meantime. Yes, sorry for the size, but I dont have time to downscale them at the moment and probably wont be able to access the site for the next day or two.

Save was taking some pics too so I expect he will have some better ones up before long.

This was the line for merch. I waited for 2 hrs and was still 40% away from geting in. Ended up asking someone else o pick stuff up for me. Seriously the most crowded nerch line Ive EVER seen.

post-9325-128186899289_thumb.jpg

But at least we had stuff to watch while we were waiting ;-)

post-9325-128186903828_thumb.jpg

Daruma SDF1 ATTACK!

post-9325-128186908872_thumb.jpg

post-9325-128186913965_thumb.jpg

Wall of posters.

post-9325-128186920142_thumb.jpg

post-9325-128186926089_thumb.jpg

Sing-a-long with SHerryl?

post-9325-128186931196_thumb.jpg

Why make your costumes when you can buy em?

post-9325-128186936962_thumb.jpg

post-9325-128186941782_thumb.jpg

post-9325-128186946221_thumb.jpg

Yes, they actually made Rankas backback a reality.

post-9325-128186955716_thumb.jpg

Lotsa Valks

post-9325-128186960643_thumb.jpg

post-9325-128186963673_thumb.jpg

post-9325-128186968322_thumb.jpg

post-9325-128186972686_thumb.jpg

and figures

post-9325-128186982673_thumb.jpg

post-9325-128186987626_thumb.jpg

post-9325-128186992489_thumb.jpg

8000 seats sold out for both sessions.

post-9325-128186997212_thumb.jpg

post-9325-128186977975_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

One quick question.

When I when to go see the May'n panel at the anime expo they said something they would not be answering any question about Unleashed.

Dose that have any thing to do the upcoming macross frontier movie?

One quick question.

When I when to go see the May'n panel at the anime expo they said something they would not be answering any question about Unleashed.

Dose that have any thing to do the upcoming macross frontier movie?

Do you have any idea as to what this 'Unleashed' is? A leaked song? A rumoured album name?

No titles for songs for the upcoming movie have been announced yet (way too early) although some of a new Ranka song was played in the 2nd movie teaser, and I'd be surprised if we didnt see at least another new song released at or by the Macross F Xmas events in December, similar to the way Sou da yo and Pink Monsoon were played prior to the first movie being released.

As for 'Unleashed', Ive never heard of the name, sorry.

I heard that May'n is doing the opening song for some other anime recently, maybe that's what Unleashed is.

I don't know if it is what you are thinking of, but she does the opening theme for a recent anime, Ookami-san, or something like that.

Here is the video:

I don't know if it is what you are thinking of, but she does the opening theme for a recent anime, Ookami-san, or something like that.

Here is the video:

That would be "Ready, Go!", the OP for Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi. She's done some other theme songs as well, Shangri-La, On-Tama!, et al.

Here is the video:

If it was a question about her career or life has long it wasn't to personal we were aloud to ask are question. But we weren't aloud to ask question like a release date for the macross frontier movie or will it come to america stuff like that.

If it was a question about her career or life has long it wasn't to personal we were aloud to ask are question. But we weren't aloud to ask question like a release date for the macross frontier movie or will it come to america stuff like that.

So you couldn't ask if she had a boyfriend or anything like that? Such a shame. :p

Thanks for the info Tochiro, I'll also be probably be back in Tokyo around February so I might catch up with this.

I'm back everyone :lol: (I got cut off from MW forum due to jobs and the the office admin block this site)

Edited by Morpheus

Network,those scans a frick'n huge!

I love that we get new songs and ranka will be more mature and a rising star but...seriously...Im more interested in the Mecha Space Battles dammit,need more info on valks and enemies.

Edited by Vepariga

I love that we get new songs and ranka will be more mature and a rising star but...seriously...Im more interested in the Mecha Space Battles dammit,need more info on valks and enemies.

I know where you are coming from. The problem is though, the bulk of the Frontier fanbase (most of whom have never watched any previous Macross) arent. They are mostly into the characters.

As I was asked by a Sherryl cosplayer at an event recently - 'Who's that guy dressed as?'

Me:' Uhm.... that would be Basara.'

Sherryl: 'He's like... a main character or something right?'

Me: ...........

LOL sorry about.

I know what you mean I also wanted to see some mecha space battles but this is all I could find for now.

If I do happen to find mecha scans I will post it automatically hope this time the scan will be in low res.

I know where you are coming from. The problem is though, the bulk of the Frontier fanbase (most of whom have never watched any previous Macross) arent. They are mostly into the characters.

As I was asked by a Sherryl cosplayer at an event recently - 'Who's that guy dressed as?'

Me:' Uhm.... that would be Basara.'

Sherryl: 'He's like... a main character or something right?'

Me: ...........

This is also the case with Macross 7. They know the characters and mainly for the music but the original series? They have no idea.