EXO

Who and Where In The World Are You II? (Intro and Location)

Hello and thank you for the add. I am Azbat62 from Ohio, original from West Virginia. I watch Robotech back in 1984 before I went to school. After learning that Robotech was made from 3 different show from Japan, I went searching for these shows, I don't have them all yet but I am looking for them.

Hi everyone! And welcome back MisaForever!

Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker, but a big fan of Macross, particularly the vehicle designs. I was fortunate enough to start collecting the toys around the time of the vf-1 version 2 release, and so I've had the opportunity to get most new toys as they were released. I hail from New Zealand.

Cheers

Crolix

Hi everyone, im new here. From Guayaquil Ecuador.

Macross fan since i was a kid, but never got the chance to meet people that share my fandom with it. I like a lot the music of the series (thats why macross 7 is my fav). Im also a toy collector with a fairly new collection, among my stuff i got couple revoltech and GNU figures, but looking to get bigger stuff.

Nice to meet everyone!

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I hail from Perth, Western Australia and have been making models since I was in first grade. I'm currently have about 7 1/48 kits of the Hasegawa VF-1 Valkyries which I intend to build in various versions. I have several of the 1/72 kits too, mainly the VE and VT's.

Should have actually listed where I live. :D

Champions Gate, Florida (near Kissimmee and Disney World)

I'm back!! Who missed me? :D

Welcome back MisaForever

Hi,

I'm from Malaysia.

New in this forum but Macross have been part of me since when I was a kid. I seen Macross to Robotech to Mospeda when I was a kid.

Now is like walking back again down memory lane after 20+ years.

Am a member with Macross Fans of Malaysia.

Thank you for the member ship approval.

Ex NZ Army Ammotech and IEDD team member - got into Macross while on deployments looking for an escape.

Back into it now that I have kids. Building a display for them in the hall and an interactive hangar with deploying Valks on arms that will be built into a bedroom wall for them.

Ex NZ Army Ammotech and IEDD team member - got into Macross while on deployments looking for an escape.

Back into it now that I have kids. Building a display for them in the hall and an interactive hangar with deploying Valks on arms that will be built into a bedroom wall for them.

ahh! just curious as it does sound very interesting but how exactly did you stumble across Macross whilst on deployment? ^_^

You'll have to show us the display you are building! :)

Hi, I'm koon from New Zealand. Made an account so I could see cool pics! Well I also have the CF-171, and I can't see what you guys are talking about especially now that I pulled it out again to see if I can get it fixed. Into all toys in general, but of course I love robots, I'm asian.

I'm a fringe Macross explorer and just get things I like the look of. Otherwise I came from Jetfire, Battletech, old VF kitsets and the odd anime/manga. Hoping to get into the High Metal series. Can't believe I missed that on preorder. Everyone's scrambling for things now. And I don't know what possessed me, but I just ordered the YF-29b.

ahh! just curious as it does sound very interesting but how exactly did you stumble across Macross whilst on deployment? ^_^

You'll have to show us the display you are building! :)

Back in 1999/2000 we didn't have access to the Net and Cell tech like they do now so at that time all we had was what we could stuff into out Base kits. I raided a Model shop in Darwin while at Robinson Barracks on Pre-deployment training and grabbed a few mags to read, some paints and tools to make unit logo templates to tag over other countries vehicles with and some Videos. Got the Robotech stuff. It was horrible but I liked the Veritech designs so I dug deeper when I got home. Also took a Freestyle BMX over ( pulled it down so it could be strapped to the back of the Field pack) for the guys to mess with off duty and the RNZEME guys brought over a HUGE TV for us all to watch stuff on. We played the Playstation Demo disc Ace Combat mission a million times! You'll do anything to forget you're in the jungle for 9 months!

Edited by NZEOD

Hi everyone =)

I'm the new guy today =V

I don't considered my self a 100% macross fan but since i was a kid I love this anime also like most of you this anime came to my country (Peru) as Robotech. but currently living in NYC

im trying to buy some toys if you have any link please let me know, thank you.

A3M there are many links on this forum for buying Macross

Welcome you have arrived👍

Much respect.

I did desert shield n desert storm in the Nav. Trained for the teams , Coronado island naval special warfare.

Long history w Macross way before that.

Decades later introducing my son to macross.

Anyone living or passing thru NorCal ,drop in for BBQ 👍

Whoah... haven't looked at the map in a while...

2qnnt6f.jpg

Hi all! Long time Macross fan (and of course it all started as a kid with Robotech). I've recently decided to slow down on the Transformers toys and move on to the Macross figures as they are sorely lacking in my collection! Hope to become an active member here and get to know all the wondeful Macross fans! :D

Long time lurker and I was a regular poster in Macross Generation back in 2008 (Frontier Era). I'm from Mexico, but right now I'm staying in France for some months. I'm a biochemical scientist but I always loved this series since I was around 4 or 5 y.o. back then I only got to saw Robotech, but then I got again in the macross train thanks to Macross Zero then wainting until Frontier and now for Delta.

Hey guys. I'm a Canadian living in Calgary. I've been a fan for about 6 years now. I first discovered Macross because I love mecha series and was looking for a new one shortly after Frontier finished airing. I picked that up. The show and soundtrack were so amazing (I love Yoko Kanno) that I've been hooked since. I listen to the OST for F and Zero on a regular basis. I stumbled across this amazing site on my search for Delta news and had to join.

Edit I can't seem to add myself to the map on my phone so I'll do that when I get home.

Edited by Skull_Leader91

Hi S_L91... FYI, i added a new layer to the map because the previous one was full... crazy!

I've added my pin. There is no way I can really keep up with this forum and I just noticed this topic. I have been a member since the old forum but only post from time to time as my interest waxes and wanes.

I first encountered Macross with the first issue of Comico "Macross" (the next issue was Robotech) and various other anime books at my local comic shop in Illinois in the '80s. I stoked my interest by ordering model kits, books, and bootleg tapes from far away… and not much has changed in, uh, over 30 years. :) I lived and worked in Japan for a while and have family connections there now. My sons also build models. They prefer Gundam, but they respect Macross.

Just dropped my pin. Watched Macross as Robotech back when if first showed in the Los Angeles area. Then stumbled on Mac Plus years later. I resisted Macross 7 at first, but went down hard for Frontier. Now with some years distance, I've fallen harder for 7 and realized that the problem was me. I just wasn't listening to Basara's song. He was right. I love most 80's mecha anime. In the last couple of years I've tried to watch all the shows that I once upon a time unsuspectingly got toys for in the 80s - so Orguss, Dunbine, Mospeada. I'm currently building my collection, but on the cheap, off of eBay bargains. Excited to get back into this just as Delta is gearing up. And to the SpeakerPod crew, Deculture!!! Keep up the good work everybody.

Y orale a toda la Raza en las Americas que siguen siendo fanaticos!

Edited by Mazinger

NeoRevan: awesome! Another Macross fan in Farmville, VA, USA!

Hi everyone,

I was fascinated by Macross as a kid, visiting family in Japan in the '80s but lost track of the series in high school and college. I briefly rediscovered it about 10 years ago when Hasegawa released all of their great models, but a trip to Japan with my own family a few months ago has really rekindled my interest. I'm a military officer, so the organization and equipment, Valkyrie squadrons, and all the other incredible technical background that creators produced for this series are really interesting to me. I have always dabbled in modeling and hope to create a small fleet of mecha in the coming years. I unfortunately never really learned Japanese as a kid and didn't fully grasp the story, so I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about the world of Macross. My experience has been limited to SDFM and DYRL, so I have a lot to catch up on!

Dave

Welcome to the board!

The Macross Compendium remains the number one source of translated information about the Macross franchise that one can find on the internet. I recommend bookmarking that place and reading up.
http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Main_Page

Aside from MW itself (and the MW facebook page) sites such as AnimeNewsNetwork and other similar websites (like Kotaku or Forbes....yes, Forbes has a really good writer covering anime, manga and similar Japanese popular cutlture) are really good sources for news about the latest happenings for Macross.

And of course, I gotta plug my own site, particularly if you like the mecha and military fiction of Macross. See my signature for the link (and I'm on Facebook as well)

Edited by Mr March

Hi everyone,

I was fascinated by Macross as a kid, visiting family in Japan in the '80s but lost track of the series in high school and college. I briefly rediscovered it about 10 years ago when Hasegawa released all of their great models, but a trip to Japan with my own family a few months ago has really rekindled my interest. I'm a military officer, so the organization and equipment, Valkyrie squadrons, and all the other incredible technical background that creators produced for this series are really interesting to me. I have always dabbled in modeling and hope to create a small fleet of mecha in the coming years. I unfortunately never really learned Japanese as a kid and didn't fully grasp the story, so I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about the world of Macross. My experience has been limited to SDFM and DYRL, so I have a lot to catch up on!

Dave

Welcome welcome, make sure to watch Macross 7. It's the best. :)

Welcome to the board!

The Macross Compendium remains the number one source of translated information about the Macross franchise that one can find on the internet. I recommend bookmarking that place and reading up.http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Main_Page

Thanks for the welcome and for the link - I think I discovered that site a few years ago but had since forgotten about it. I have a lot of reading to do, but the small amount I've looked through so far has been very helpful in answering a few questions.

And of course, I gotta plug my own site, particularly if you like the mecha and military fiction of Macross. See my signature for the link (and I'm on Facebook as well)

I saw your signature and visited your site on my second or third day on the forum. I don't want to sound like I'm not interested in the storyline also, because I definitely am, but I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through many pages of your mecha descriptions and background info. I hadn't cracked open Macross Perfect Memory and the other handful of books that I have in years, so it was great to see all the line art on your site. Thanks a lot for putting it all together for us!

Me,,, Denver Co.