EXO

Who and Where In The World Are You II? (Intro and Location)

Hi Brandon.

I'm having trouble uploading my location to Google Maps - but I'm from the UK, just outside London. Good to see that there are other UK fans on here.

Anyway, I'm new here - I did post once before a long time ago with some custom 1/55 stuff (nothing exciting), but not really an internet forum person. Signed up again because I'm looking to sell off my collection.

Hello everyone, first post here on Macross World, I joined back in February but mainly only used the PM to buy in the for sale thread. Anyway I'm from Michigan I'm into collecting video game paraphernalia and just this year collecting macross toys, which was why I came here.

^ w00t! Another Michigander, hopefully you're a Spartan. B))

Either way, welcome.

-b.

Hey everyone. I used to post here occasionally as lt.actionjackson around 4-5 years ago. Added myself to the map; mainly hoping to clear out some much needed closet space.

I added myself! I have a webcomic called Tako Salad that is going to be Macross heavy counting down to Macross World 2014!

Edited by A_Man_and_a_Woman?!

Hello everybody.

I live just outside of Chicago, IL.

I don't collect toys like I used to but I have a small macross collection.

Let's see I have the OG Yamato elintseeker and super ostrich. I've got the first 4 of the toynami masterpiece veritechs. I never bought Miriya's. I've also got both the green and blue super armors for them. And lastly with the masterpieces I have Sue Graham's Shadow.

I've also got the Bandai Veritech of Roy Fokker, the SD one. And lastly and my favorite I have the VF-1A Joke Machine, the red one.

I like to customize mighty muggs and may make a VF-1A of one. Non-transforming of course.

hi im rob(batcode) and live in Gloucester in the uk, joined up as big fan of sci-fi kits a o make model and have over a dozen macros and gundam kits plus some resin figures.

hi im rob(batcode) and live in Gloucester in the uk, joined up as big fan of sci-fi kits a o make model and have over a dozen macros and gundam kits plus some resin figures.

Welcome! Model building is what brought me here to begin with a few years back. Looking forward to seeing some of your builds here!

Welcome batcode, Nice to meet a fellow Brit-modeller over here on MW. :)

Hi guys,

I'm Chris and I'm from Detroit, Michigan. Looking forward to getting back into the hobby after a couple of years hiatus.

Hi guys,

I'm Chris and I'm from Detroit, Michigan. Looking forward to getting back into the hobby after a couple of years hiatus.

Go Lions! B))

And welcome back.

-b.

Always nice to have more UK members here. MW Con UK, it's gonna happen. ;)

Hi, I'm Drew and I live in lovely Maine, where we are having our first snow of the season today. I stopped lurking and signed up back in April, but I never did post to this thread - sorry!

Like a lot of folks here (I gather), I came into Macross as a kid watching Robotech in the 80s, discovered the original franchise in college, but didn't really dig in until the internet made it easy in the 2000s. I've built models off-and-on my whole life, but got heavily into Gunpla only about a year ago; I finally signed up here because I wanted to be able to see hosted images of peoples' Gundam and Macross models. I think I've since managed to make a nuisance of myself, but everyone here is too nice to say so.

I'm lucky to have a wife who enjoys anime with me, and generally tolerates my hobbies with a smile. I collect Transformers and various anime-related toys, but thus far I have no proper (1/60) Valks. I'm also on CollectionDX and various Transformer websites as Corduroy_Bear, but I don't post very often.

Hi, I'm Drew and I live in lovely Maine, where we are having our first snow of the season today. I stopped lurking and signed up back in April, but I never did post to this thread - sorry!

Like a lot of folks here (I gather), I came into Macross as a kid watching Robotech in the 80s, discovered the original franchise in college, but didn't really dig in until the internet made it easy in the 2000s. I've built models off-and-on my whole life, but got heavily into Gunpla only about a year ago; I finally signed up here because I wanted to be able to see hosted images of peoples' Gundam and Macross models. I think I've since managed to make a nuisance of myself, but everyone here is too nice to say so.

I'm lucky to have a wife who enjoys anime with me, and generally tolerates my hobbies with a smile. I collect Transformers and various anime-related toys, but thus far I have no proper (1/60) Valks. I'm also on CollectionDX and various Transformer websites as Corduroy_Bear, but I don't post very often.

I like Nekko Basara better! ;)

Edited by Scyla

Hello Everyone!

Longtime lurker here. I'm in the Rockies and have been here since '99 when I was stationed at the Academy. Originally from CA. I've been a Macross fan ever since I saw Robotech when I was a kid back in the 80s. I just rebuilt my Yamato Macross collection which comprised of almost (if not all) of the 1/48 valkyries. I just started getting the 1/60 VF-1s and I think all I need to complete it is the VF-1A Cavalier version, of which I cannot find for a decent/reasonable price. (BTW, if anyone here can help me out with that, that'd be greatly appreciated B)) )

Razerwire got me to sign up BTW :D

Edited by Dark Skull

Hello. Another longtime lurker. Felt like posting something, so I figured I'd say 'hi' up here. I put my pin on the map and everything. Just another one of my many feats of generic heroism.

Hello to the new members and the unlurkers!

Hello everyone! I am new here but have always loved Robotech for as long as I can remember. I am in Denver, Colorado.

Hello everyone! I am new here but have always loved Robotech for as long as I can remember. I am in Denver, Colorado.

Welcome fellow Coloradan :D

Blair Archer

Portland, OR.

Avid LEGO builder, enthusiast. Mecha obsession level: HIGH

LEGO Builds Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/32432717@N02/

I owned a few small Robotech/Macross/Exo-Squad items throughout my childhood, but always wanted a Valkyrie - so last year's gift was a Yamato 1:48 Super/Strike Stealth and it is oh so cool.

I've been rewatching all the Macross series and really enjoy the charm and cohesive concepts that flow throughout. I must say each one tempts me to buy more fully-transformable toys, though.

I always wanted to be a pilot, especially a mecha pilot and watching Robotech on Saturday Morning Anime definitely pushed those buttons a lot for me as a child.

I hope to learn how to weather and detail my Valk, as well as attempt to build a large-scale transforming LEGO valk in the next year or so.

Welcome fellow Coloradan :D

Hello Dark Skull!

Just starting out now with collecting.

Hi all.

I am originally from China and has been living in Houston, Texas for years.

Was collecting during college but stopped for quite a few years until recently.

I am sure I will enjoy the forum with my macross fellas.

Hi everybody, I'm from Australia and grew up in the 80's head over heels in love with Robotech:The Macross Saga.

I discovered Macross proper via the Palladium Robotech RPGs and by that point already had a handful of the palm sized DYRL Valkyrie kits available here (without fully understanding what they were and why they had different colours and loadouts) - needless to say once I saw the subtitled series and movie I left Robotech far behind.

I have a small but respectable collection of kits and toys, I am lost as to who makes what and what scale it is in and I hope to learn what is what here.

I have a predilection for the Zentradi and their Mecha.

Edited by Boss

Just added myself to the map, Canadians seem pretty sparce here. I started collecting as a kid with Transformers and Marvel figures mainly. Branched out into Masterpiece Transformers in my late teens, and then got back into Gunpla recently (about two years ago). I always really enjoyed Macross and my dad was a huge fan of Robotech in the '80s so I grew up seeing a lot of his older model kits. Now that I am starting to get out of debt I can finally afford the Macross stuff that used to only be pipe dreams as a kid, started small so far with the Renewal VF25 (Alto) and Arcadia's 30th Anniversary VF-1J. I also have the Robotech RPG Tactics miniatures game (so many god damn small parts, thank god for Warhammer and 40k experience) and the Bandai 1/72 Hikaru VF-1J. I was still pretty new to getting back into plamo when I built the Hikaru 1J, so I overdid it quite a bit on the top coat and fraked up a few stickers, so it's glued together in Fighter Mode now on my desk at work, looks fine from a distance for coworkers that don't know anything about the franchise or Hobby :p

finally got round to adding myself to the map! :D

my actual name is Alex.. and im currently living in Sydney. Originally from the UK but been here for so long im pretty much an Aussie now.

been into Macross ever since I laid eyes upon it in the early 80's! I have a few collections of stuffs but my primary love is Macross and probably the only interesting one to the folks on here! ;)

Its always good to catch up with fellow MWF members who live near by, so if you are in the Sydney area and wanna meet for a chat about our special hobby then by all means send me a pm!

cool! ^_^

Edited by spanner76

Same here, just got around to adding myself to the map. I'm in lovely Knoxville, TN. Real name of Tom.

Added in Los Altos, CA! Any Norcal boys and girls, let's chill!

not sure I have done one in the past but any way

I am in Australia qld to be honest,

fall in love with macros/robotech in the late 80's early 90's

fav series is plus and macros 2 ( haters going to hate)

yet to rebuild my macross collection (models toys games books) but starting slowly,

Hi Everyone,

I live in Santa Maria, CA and have been a fan since 1985. I grew up with Macross & Dragon ball, and just recently (thanks to MW Sellers) was able to get my Macross DVD Collection back after selling it over a decade ago. My favorite Macross Series was the Original Series, but loved how Zero was redone. I haven't watched Frontier yet, but it's on it's way to me.

Thanks,
Nate

Hi there,

I have recently started to collect Macross, it is already turning into something of an addiction :-P

I currently live near Manchester UK

Nice to meet you all.

David

I'm a long time member but figured I would stop by and say hi