EXO

Who and Where In The World Are You II? (Intro and Location)

Hi All!

Just added my pin :)

My Name is Heiko, 38 years young and im from Germany

When i was a Kid, i saw a weird Movie at a friends House with aircrafts... and they transformed to Robots :D

From there on i got that scenes always on my mind but could never figured out what that was!?

Maybe i was too young at this time (10yearsyoungorso)

In Germany Macross was not really around i need to say (sadly).

I always wanted to know what that was and as a collector of Star Wars, someday i stumbled over the Banpresto Strike Valkyrie on ebay when i was around 19 (still Have that one)

and i found the movie also, DYRL!

but from there on i knew what i am searching for and realised it was Macross!

After that find... i couldnt find any more of these toys in Germany. ( I felt not really confident at this time to buy things from overseas ;)

Years later i visited a good friend in Beijing (2009) and then... SOSHOW Shopping Center came in my way and guess what... the Toy Area was Full of Macross Toys and anything else what belongs to Robots... I thought i go Crazy and Brought 2 SV-51´s, a 1/60 Hikaru with all the parts, the 1/48 Stealth and a YF-19 Anniversary, a Few Revoltech (cause i ran out of money:)) and an Regult with Me!!

I am Hooked since i was a Kid but a bit more since i have them in my Home :)

The prices here are insane fo those supersexy valks otherwise i would have surely some more!

I am so glad that i found all of you in this MacrossWorld

and looking forward to have a really good collectors time!

So, thats a bit about me

Greets

Heiko

Hello, everyone!

I've been lurking around for a bit and have decided to come out of the shadows. Like a number of others, I found my way to Macross through Robotech in the 80s. I didn't have a lot of collectibles back then, but as I started grabbing Toku Figuarts, I realized how much Macross stuff was actually out there. Digging around led me here. I can't seem to access the map here at the office to add a pin, unfortunately, but I will get to it. I hope everyone is having a great week thus far!

Hi guys! I go by the name Woongy. I'm from California and I live in Orange County! Currently a 1st-year in College

However, I'm not the original Woongy. My uncle was originally called Woongy and he was the one who introduced Macross to me when I was younger. One day I remember he was watching SDF-Macross and I was wondering what this old looking cartoon was. I ended up sitting and watching the entire series with him. I then watched Robotech The Macross Saga on my own because my Mom had watched the Robotech version of the show. I also played Robotech: Battlecry and was always enthralled by how cool the VFs were. Later on, I would then go on to watch Macross Zero, Macross Plus, and Macross Frontier. I still haven't gotten to Macross 7 yet, BUT I WILL! Anyways, we watched Frontier together always talking about what happened in each episode and him clarifying about the nods and references to the older series. I still remember he always replayed the last scene on Frontier when Alto salutes and was asked, "Do you know where this is from?????" I didn't know so he immediately turned on his computer and went straight to the scene from "Do you Remember Love" and pointed out Hikaru's salute. He always made fun of me that I watched Robotech and how I thought they were all the same. We also had PSP's so he would get me the PSP game, "Macross Ace Frontier." We would always play 1 vs 1 against each other. I would fly the VF-1s and then he would decimate me with the VF-27 Lucifer because he could fly so match faster than me.

Unfortunately, In 2008, my uncle got into a motorcylcle accident and passed away. After his death, I began to rewatch Macross to reminisce all the conversations and fun times we had together. It was a hard time but watching the shows again put a smile back into my face and really helped get through it. I made it an effort to get an S rank on all the levels of Macross just because I knew that somewhere my uncle would be watching me beat his records. ^_^

When did I start using Woongy? Well, my uncle drove an blue S2000. My family decided to pay off the bills and keep the car until I was old enough to drive it. My mom thought it would be a good idea to add my Uncle's nickname to the license plate. When I was able to drive, I took control of the car and to this day is my daily drive. The kids in High school would see my car and always compliment it. They would see the license plate and would call me by that. So I got used to be called Woongy. So I took the name as my own to continue his legacy so that I know that his memory lives on with me.

Sorry for such a long introduction but Macross has been an important part of my life. Anyways, currently watching Macross Delta at the moment!

My favorite VFs are the VF-1s, YF-19, VF-25F, VF-27, and now the VF-31J

Edited by Woongy

You know, I'm amazed I never posted here before.

I originally joined MacrossWorld back when Macross Frontier started airing (hard to believe it was 2008... seems like ages ago...) and became pretty regular for a while even after it ended. MW definitely expanded my Macross horizons (it led me to actually watch all the shows, OVAs, and movies in the franchise... well except MacII anyway, and is directly responsible for my love of Fire Bomber and Yoshiki Fukuyama to this day). Then I kind of drifted away sometime around 2010 it seems. I guess with no ongoing show and a busier school life at the time my interests changed. The Frontier movies wouldn't come out for another year too, and as a result of not being around here I didn't actually see those movies until around 2014 as it was (what a shame as they were awesome).

Then I returned a few months ago when Delta began and started lurking a bit.. but now I'm fully back and posting pretty regularly. The best thing is despite that I drifted off into the aether almost 6 years ago (!)... not much seems to have changed around here.... and that is pretty awesome.

In light of that, it is probably about time I gave myself a proper post here.

I'm Master Dex, which is my most common online handle these days. My first name is Rob, but go ahead and continue to call me Dex, I'm so used to it now it would feel weird otherwise, lol. I'm currently 27 years old so naturally I am not a first generation Macross fan, and the internet was my only gateway into the franchise once I learned about the true Macross. As that statement should suggest I learned about it the way most Americans do, I found Robotech first. For me I was a teenager looking for fun sci-fi stuff and stumbled upon things online, looked cool, bought a box set of the 'Macross saga' which had the most intriguing story line component of the the parts I looked up (I am convinced now I subconsciously thought it was the only one that made any sort of sense considering the slapped together continuities).

I figured out pretty quickly that the source material for Robotech was pretty different, but it was clear it seemed a bit more interesting and had a lot more stuff in it (at the time the newest thing in the franchise was probably still the Macross Zero OVA). I however did not go about looking up a lot of stuff past pictures of the various valkyries from other shows (I kind of developed a thing for the VF-22 though which is funny cause I ended up not watching any of Macross 7 until after Frontier finished). I think eventually I found out there was a dub of Macross Plus and I remember renting that from Netflix.. back when you rented DVDs from them by mail (they still do that actually.. but this was when that is all Netflix was). I think that is when I started becoming a Macross fan proper. I am not a dub only kind of person but I think it helped my transition at the time somehow. Somewhat amusingly the version of Macross Plus I own now is the movie version which is only subbed (I also like it better even though it does cut out a lot of bits, but it feels more complete to me), but the dub of the OVA is actually pretty good for the last true Macross production to manage such a feat.

I honestly can't remember exactly how it went from there... I don't remember if I saw Zero before or after I found MW, but I know I came here whilst looking for information on the then upcoming Frontier series. The rest is pretty self-explanatory. I'd say I never looked back but in a way my leave of here 6 years ago was kind of that... but I never stopped loving Macross anyway.

Oh.. and this place made me learn about the toys... luckily for me.. I guess... I was broke college student when I first joined here. I couldn't afford a valkyrie hobby. Bought a 1/72 Bandai VF-25S which was a fun build but I leave it in fighter mode now cause it is a pain to deal with otherwise. I also found a 1/48 VF-1J Max for half off the $200 list price and went for that as Max was always my favorite. So that is my Macross collection, lol.

I made it known I was an aerospace engineering student when I was first here and loved to pick apart scientific stuff about the show.. which became fun when I met other mecha enthusiasts that did similar like Mr March, who's site became a regular visit for me (waiting for the inevitable massive update man.. I know there is a lot to catch up on but I'm kind of amazed that site is still about where I was before returning). Glad to see he is around still, as well as other techy enthusiasts. I have since completed that degree but a combination of economic events and personal stuff led me to not getting work in that field as I planned right away. 2 years ago I switched gears for a bit and joined the USAF and am working on F-16 engines currently. I plan to go back to the engineering world after I finish my term here though.. as it really is what I want to do (sometimes take a bit of introspection to realize things like that).

So that's my story, if anyone really cares, but the thread is here so I figured why not. I think I'll try to stick around this time, even after Delta finishes. I honestly.. can't figure out why I gave any of this up.

Edit: I never said anything on location, lol... You can see I don't have a real location in my sidebar though... but I'm from Tucson, AZ originally, went to school in Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's Prescott, AZ campus which is where I was during my first stint here most of the time. I now live in Homestead, FL though where I am stationed with the AF.

Edited by Master Dex

Welcome new members and returnees!

Hi,

I am fron the Philippines, and have been a fan since the 90's when I saw Macross (as part of Robotech) then Macross Plus immediately after. Gotten stoked. Have also been a lurker member in the early 2000s in the old site.

I've mostly gotten Macross video games for the PS One, PS2 and PSP (includes SRW). And from time to time, artbooks from ebay and my toys: a SD VF-25 and a YF-29 Percival. Though I'm more inclined to build some VFs out of Lego or trying to (prototyping)

Hi,

Been here from a long time ago but lost my account.

I'm the guy from Canberra Australia who refuses to acknowledge the existence of anything after Macross II. My stance is basically Shoji Kawamori is a an overrated George Lucas style hack who created genius when he collaborated with all the other creative masters that created this unique phenomenon in 1982. Given free reign after his success he's never created anything worth seeing ever since. My stance is hardline but I believe the Big West MII continuity is the only official one and the only one worthy of the original Macross franchise.

I've had these guys in storage for the past 2 years and finally got to set them up so resparked my love of Macross, a small but focused collection, DYRL? only. Would like to get a VF-1A mass production type and a set of GBP armor for it next. Can anyone comment on which versions will work best for this in 1/60? Would love a VF-4 obviously too but they seem to be gold dust these days.

I also busted out my Macross book collection mostly from my time in the 'Pan (mostly from Nakano Broadway Mandarake) as well as a few books n mags from comic book shops in Australia I've been collecting since the early 90s:

edit: yes I know I have a couple of Macross 7 books but I'm a sucker for anything Mikimoto, it doesn't mean I acknowledge the canon of it.

R0017821.jpgR0017823.jpgR0017824.jpg

Edited by Forper

Tried to add myself, but it fouled up :(

Hello!

My name is Artur, I'm from Poland. I'm a modeller. I've found my way to Macross few years ago with watching Macross Zero. That was only beggining...Then came first Macross series, then DYRL, Plus, Frontier series along with movies and now Delta. There was also Marcoss II somewhere...I just love Macross fighters and I can't wait for new 1/48 Hasegawa releases. Greetings!

G'day all fellow Citizens of Macross!

Provost here from Australia,been a fan of ROBOTECH since 1985 when I was introduced to it via the TV cartoon and the toys.

Collect Harmony Gold/Matchbox 4" mainly and have some of the larger figures (Zentraedi) of the same lines.

Thanks for having me here!

oNpa3Rg.gif

Just added myself to the map.

Are Penguin and I REALLY the only folks from the Canuckistan prairies?

Added.

My name is Verse and im 31, from the Eastern part of the bay area. I'm one of Kaiba-boys minions that he summons for his evil plots, lol.

Hello! My name is Eduardo, I was born in Mexico and I've been living for the past 6 years in New Zealand, working as an animator in this beautiful country.

I grew up watching Robotech, and sadly I didn't realize the truth about it until about high school. I remember thinking the first season was awesome and the following ones were meh, I was really mostly in for the planes becoming robots, I've always been a huge fan of aviation, military vehicles and sci-fi, so Macross lives deep in my heart.

I remember watching Macross Plus in VHS tape when I was 14 or 15, and it absolutely blew my mind. The YF-19 became my personal favourite plane, mecha and vehicle of all times. Later on, after a few anime conventions, I catched up on the rest of the sagas, Macross II (ok), Macross 7 (nope) and then finally with Internet at the tips of my fingers, Super Dimensional Fortress Macross. My first thought when watching it in Japanese with subtitles, while associating the images with my memories of childhood was "WTF is wrong with the music!? It sounds like a soap opera".

About two years ago I found this forum and became immersed in all things Macross again. I rewatched Macross Plus and thought, man, wouldn't it be awesome to have my own YF-19? Well, I guess I can now, since I've been working in the CG world for a big chunk of my life now, and Blender 3d was beginning to pick up track, so I thought, what the hell. I'll learn Blender! And my first project shall be the YF-19 "Alpha One" from Macross Plus.

My hobbies include flight simulators, computer games, movies, animation and running. I'm currently working as a postvis artist for the new Thunderbirds are Go! TV show, and guess who designed one of the Thunderbirds new ships? Shoji frakking Kawamori himself. My life is complete.

Yello, just added myself to the map. I'm from Yorkton, Saskatchewan, and apparently the only one in this province too... quite lonely out here.

I got my start on macross before I could even read. I watched a Blockbuster rental import of the last episodes of the original Macross, and didn't understand a word on screen... but I loved the robots! I wanted to know more about the series but forgot about it soon after.

A few years ago I decided to set out and try to find what show it was I watched so early in my childhood, then I found Macross and Its sequel series, and the model kits, and the over-glorified toys. I was hooked! I looked at the yamato toys for ages, drooling over them, but never having the money... after many years of my parents telling me to forget about "expensive useless toys", I said **** it and got my first valk ( a bandai YF-25 prophecy) in 2014. Since then I've been collecting and browsing MW for neat things (been a lurker since 2012). Gotta admit that Collecting is hard when most valks I'd like to get were made 5-8 years ago and are now over priced...

Hey everyone, they didn't have this thread going when I initially signed up in July 2004, so here goes. . .

I live on the East Coast of the United States.

I have been an anime fan for almost forty year now! My first anime were Marine Boy and Speed Racer (Mach GO GO GO).

Then Star Blazers (Yamato), Battle of the Planets (Gatchaman), Voltron (GoLion), Tranzor Z (Mazinger), Robotech (Macross and MOSPEADA) and Cowboy Bebop.

I was an active member of the military.com forums for 15 years until they started to die out last year. I was a U.S. Marine for ten years!

I'm glad to see this forum is still active!

Edited by USMCBebop
  • Upvote 1

Im back to the fourum!!

im from chile and my name is Andres!

im waiting the cap 26 of macross delta and the report of the megaroad 01!! maybe.

Greetings! I have seen this site before, but with the recent conclusion of Macross Delta I decided to make an account here.

I'm baaaaaaack. I haven't posted on the forums in years due to a lapse in interest in all things anime. University, career, and almost a decade later, I'm finding myself again drawn to Macross. Evidently, a -lot- has been released since Macross 7 (yes, I'm that far behind.)

Thanks to EXO for recovering my information!

Hello! My name is Eduardo, I was born in Mexico and I've been living for the past 6 years in New Zealand, working as an animator in this beautiful country.

I grew up watching Robotech, and sadly I didn't realize the truth about it until about high school. I remember thinking the first season was awesome and the following ones were meh, I was really mostly in for the planes becoming robots, I've always been a huge fan of aviation, military vehicles and sci-fi, so Macross lives deep in my heart.

I remember watching Macross Plus in VHS tape when I was 14 or 15, and it absolutely blew my mind. The YF-19 became my personal favourite plane, mecha and vehicle of all times. Later on, after a few anime conventions, I catched up on the rest of the sagas, Macross II (ok), Macross 7 (nope) and then finally with Internet at the tips of my fingers, Super Dimensional Fortress Macross. My first thought when watching it in Japanese with subtitles, while associating the images with my memories of childhood was "WTF is wrong with the music!? It sounds like a soap opera".

About two years ago I found this forum and became immersed in all things Macross again. I rewatched Macross Plus and thought, man, wouldn't it be awesome to have my own YF-19? Well, I guess I can now, since I've been working in the CG world for a big chunk of my life now, and Blender 3d was beginning to pick up track, so I thought, what the hell. I'll learn Blender! And my first project shall be the YF-19 "Alpha One" from Macross Plus.

My hobbies include flight simulators, computer games, movies, animation and running. I'm currently working as a postvis artist for the new Thunderbirds are Go! TV show, and guess who designed one of the Thunderbirds new ships? Shoji frakking Kawamori himself. My life is complete.

now you just have to convince your Boss Richard Taylor to sink some cash into a live action Macross...

Hello everyone!

Late introduction.

My name is Gary, I live in the Philippines.

Currently collecting tomytec 1/144 scale macross items.

I used to have the 1/72 scale, but moved to 1/144 scales since most of my collections are in the same scale.

Thanks for adding me here.

Georgio1979

Been a fan since since I was a kid in 1985, now I'm showing it to my 9 year old daughter and she loves it

Located in Moncton, NB, Canada

Sorry for the late introduction. I didn't know this existed

Hello I am eslim109

I currently reside in San Francisco, CA.

Recently joined MW and started collecting Macross figures and other anime figures only within the past 2 years.

Have already received a lot of warm welcomes and love from other MW members. Really appreciate it and happy to be a part of this.

Greetings to all.

I am nathans82 and have been member of the forums for a long time (2004). I live in Bonaire, GA. I've been watching Macross since I was 3 and have been hooked since then. Can't wait to see how the future goes.

Thanks,
Nate

• Upvote 2