Macross Trial Frontier for PS3

Dash

My one question is since I got a PS3 in order to play SSF4 game, will there be english subtitle in the blu-ray? I don't know about the game since I am not fluent in Japanese. To play the game is going to require a lot of reading to understand on how to play it and the plot of the game and controls. <_< Oh wait is that two questions? :blink:

Interesting find having to do with subtitles. Don't really understand much about what is being shown in this article though. Additionally, could the actual name of this game be "Macross Frontier Triangle?"

Article about Possible Subtitles

In this case, the author is using the term "subtitle" to mean "subordinate or additional title" and not translation captions.

So for example, with the third X-men movie, the main title would be "X-men" and the subtitle would be "The Last Stand." Smoosh them together, and you've got "X-men: The Last Stand".

The author of this article is saying that Bandai Namco trademarked "Triangle Frontier" explicitly, which may imply that it could be the name of the next Macross game (i.e. Macross: Triangle Frontier, kind of like Macross: Ace Frontier and Macross: Ultimate Frontier).

The author is *not* saying that the next Macross game will be translated in English.

Good find though! Based on this, I wonder if Macross: Trial Frontier is ultimately meant to be a demo for Macross: Triangle Frontier?

Edited by sdf2501

In this case, the author is using the term "subtitle" to mean "subordinate or additional title" and not translation captions.

So for example, with the third X-men movie, the main title would be "X-men" and the subtitle would be "The Last Stand." Smoosh them together, and you've got "X-men: The Last Stand".

The author of this article is saying that Bandai Namco trademarked "Triangle Frontier" explicitly, which may imply that it could be the name of the next Macross game (i.e. Macross: Triangle Frontier, kind of like Macross: Ace Frontier and Macross: Ultimate Frontier).

The author is *not* saying that the next Macross game will be translated in English.

Good find though! Based on this, I wonder if Macross: Trial Frontier is ultimately meant to be a demo for Macross: Triangle Frontier?

That sounds incredibly probable, in which case I can't wait to play it!

Does Bandai typically region-code their anime releases? (because on the whole, Blu-Rays are far more likely to be multi-region or region-free than DVDs)

The upside is that both Japan & the U.S. are in the same region, A, so it's a non issue. I actually own most of Frontier on bluray already, and all work fine on a U.S. PS3.

A non issue for Americans, but luckily I have a jp PS3. Remember Australians, you can import a Japanese PS3 for less than Australian RRP AND all PS3s are multi voltage!

oh really? hmm. Where did you get yours from Million if you don't mind me asking? :) I usualy gett all my stuff (games like MAF and MUF) from Yesasia.com.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Except the PSP game handles more dynamically than the PS2 game, which allows for quicker more fast paced action.

I wonder if Ultimate's alternate Real Mode view made it into this game (doesn't seem so from the screenshots)? I dislike the default VFX-2 style controls while flying in fighter mode.

Any idea what's the new gauge on the top left corner?

Edited by hulagu

I wonder if Ultimate's alternate Real Mode view made it into this game (doesn't seem so from the screenshots)? I dislike the default VFX-2 style controls while flying in fighter mode.

Any idea what's the new gauge on the top left corner?

Did anyone actually like sim mode? I tried it, but really couldn't get into it. Besides, the default mode gives you all the cool action poses, like using the battroid legs to brake.

Did anyone actually like sim mode? I tried it, but really couldn't get into it. Besides, the default mode gives you all the cool action poses, like using the battroid legs to brake.

Actually, I do like the Real Controls a lot more than the normal style ones. I never had any problems when "migrating" from MAF's controls to MUF's Real Mode. I actually would like it if they added a cockpit view mode that DOES looklike one is inside it, not the way it is sort of implemented since the days of the Gundam Battle series.

Edited by CrazyMartian

Well I always said I wouldn't get a PS3 until a Macross Game came out for it. Now if this turns out to be a full game and not a demo type thing then the PS3 purchase fund will be opened and one will be putting its self into my living room. Region locking for BD is not that much of an issue since I have other means for that, but as long as I can justify it to the other half then I'm good to go.

It wont fly if I say its to play the 8 Japanese games for my Jap PS2 that I have, she's not daft.

Time will tell I'm Sure..... Game = Yay!! demo = Nay!! :)

Well I always said I wouldn't get a PS3 until a Macross Game came out for it. Now if this turns out to be a full game and not a demo type thing then the PS3 purchase fund will be opened and one will be putting its self into my living room. Region locking for BD is not that much of an issue since I have other means for that, but as long as I can justify it to the other half then I'm good to go.

It wont fly if I say its to play the 8 Japanese games for my Jap PS2 that I have, she's not daft.

Time will tell I'm Sure..... Game = Yay!! demo = Nay!! smile.gif

Repeat after me: "It was always there."

or

"No really, it's been there for months, how did you not notice that?"

or

"I totally won the office pool, who would have thought."

You just have to get creative with how you integrate new hardware. Like "I was totally about to go to this strip club, but I love you so much, I got a PS3 instead."

On NCSX's website regarding "Gekijouban Macross F: Itsuwarino Utahime Hybrid Pack"

The hybrid Blu-Ray disc contains the False Songstress movie and a Playstation 3 game titled Macross Trial Frontier which is a remake of the PSP Macross Ultimate Frontier game. The series featured in the game include SDF Macross: Do You Remember Love?, SDF Macross Plus, SDF Macross 7, and SDF Macross Zero along with SDF Macross Frontier.

Anyone know if that statement is true about it being a remake? If that's the case then would it be safe to assume it's a full blown game?

Edited by Oihan

Calling BS on that. This page:

http://www.gpara.com/comingsoon/macross_t_f/100806/

...and this one:

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20100806_385738.html

...and a whole bunch of others have lists of all the characters and mecha included in the game and they're all from MacF only. If the other series were included they would not hesitate to reveal such a major selling point.

That said, I think it's safe to expect a full blown game further down the line. Most likely they're using this to test the waters and gauge interest.

That said, I think it's safe to expect a full blown game further down the line. Most likely they're using this to test the waters and gauge interest.

I guess they could work out how many disks sold vs how many logged onto PS online, hopefully if that is the case there will be plenty of log ons.

http://www.andriasan...undle/#comments

more info about the blue ray

Hmm, can't help but wonder exactly what this game is going to be, since nowhere are they mentioning that this may be a demo for a fuller game. Can't see it being too long with only the movie story to cover, but I suppose we'll see.

oh really? hmm. Where did you get yours from Million if you don't mind me asking? :) I usualy gett all my stuff (games like MAF and MUF) from Yesasia.com.

Sorry for the late reply Ruskii, I got mine off Yahoo Japan auctions while I was living in Japan. Theres tons of proxy services around online that will shop for you and charge around a 10% commission though. Even including shipping I`m sure you will pay less than what they charge here for PS3. Plus you can watch US/Japan blu-rays on it, including the trial frontier disc.

Well I think it's a given that it's just a small game since it's on the same disc as the movie itself. I imagine they would have made a separate disc otherwise.

Actually, that's not so much of an issue with it all being on bluray. Especially when you consider that MUF, with its infinately simpler texture's & models, still only fits on less than a gig of UMD.