Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross

Save

Just one important note about AmiAmi (compare to HLJ or other online shops) since I mentioned it.

AmiAmi don't have your order list or nice order history page where you can conveniently alter (or cancel) your pre-order items.

Their basic policy is "No cancellation" (Instead you get bigger discount). So if you're not 100% sure, I'd recommend pre-ordering this somewhere else.

If you don't pay after you receive their invoice, they'll take that as cancellation.

However, they will put you on their blacklist if you do that a couple of times.

Just one important note about AmiAmi (compare to HLJ or other online shops) since I mentioned it.

AmiAmi don't have your order list or nice order history page where you can conveniently alter (or cancel) your pre-order items.

Their basic policy is "No cancellation" (Instead you get bigger discount). So if you're not 100% sure, I'd recommend pre-ordering this somewhere else.

If you don't pay after you receive their invoice, they'll take that as cancellation.

However, they will put you on their blacklist if you do that a couple of times.

Last time I placed a pre-order (months ahead that I forgot it already so I got the goods from the local shops), and when they asked me to pay, I sent them an email politely that I wished to cancel it...

How do I know if I am on the blacklist? :(

Woohoo! just pre-ordered... thanks so much kyekye.

I haven't been excited about a pending Macross release like this in a long time. I'm going to try to detail and paint her up right! Let's do a group build/disassembly together when it arrives - we could sure use some input from our two resident masters that completed the 1/2000 scale version ;-)

Pre-ordered with amiami!! that and both Lupin and Jigen revys LOL gonna be an awesome Christmas! please be shipped early december >_> none of this 25th day CRAP!

May i just add how impressed i am with yamato for giving us an even MORE detailed release after the whole 1/$2000 screw you you can't have this debacle.

I wonder how heavy this baby will be, not that it is really that big.. Koenig 1/100 would be heavier.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

If anyone from Malaysia are interested, tax will be 15.5% on total value of item plus shipping.

IIRC the way they work with tax is

(value + shipping) x 15.5%

NOT

Value x 15.5% + shipping

That is huge different.

Edited by Vi-RS

F***ing 22% off makes me rethink my "only will get TV since I already have the movie version from Wave".

Really wish Yamato would say if they plan on doing the TV version. Technically they would have to change a lot of exterior parts to make it less detailed... or just change the colors and include the battleships.

If I recollect my memories, Wave WHAM versions (I still can't believe they named THAT!) came out 1 year apart. First -blue metalic in 2007, second -Movie version in 2008, and re-release in 2009. My guess is that Yamato will release TV version to squeeze juice out of their mold, and it will be at least 1-2 years apart if they do.

So, That can be my THAT year's X-mas gift. :D

Woohoo! just pre-ordered... thanks so much kyekye.

I haven't been excited about a pending Macross release like this in a long time. I'm going to try to detail and paint her up right! Let's do a group build/disassembly together when it arrives - we could sure use some input from our two resident masters that completed the 1/2000 scale version ;-)

Cannot wait to see this! I'll have to experience this vicariously, I'm afraid. Too big/expensive for me to justify. Plus, my wife would have a heart attack!

Last time I placed a pre-order (months ahead that I forgot it already so I got the goods from the local shops), and when they asked me to pay, I sent them an email politely that I wished to cancel it...

How do I know if I am on the blacklist? :(

out of several transactions w/ them, i canceled once... they just told me not to make it a habit.

i don't think they'll blacklist someone who buys regularly from them even if they cancel an order or two.

Actually i made amendments to AmiAmi every now and then, but i did made cancellation a few times also without them saying anything.. they just went straightahead to cancel it..

perhaps i am on their blacklist already...

I buy frequently from them as the shops here required deposits and out of a few buying experience, i had encounter staff from local shops who are unwilling to help when items get delayed..

and one case went so bad then i went to the extent to threaten them to bring it to consumer association before i get help in refunding for item they cannot deliver..

Anyways back to the SDF-1, i have called a few shops and asked , but it seems not every SG shop will be bringing in the SDF-1. And also i think i prefer to order with AmiAmi, at least i can get to use my credit card for such a big item.

but the tax in SG will be 7% plus handling fees... plus shipment fees, it be heck of a X'mas present.. LOL.. my Gf is gonna kill me and eat my bones if she knows...

Ah just checked Australian Customs and its true the duty free limit for imports has been increased from AUD$250 to AUD$1000 as of October 2005 B)) . So AmiAmi all the way. Too bad I cant really afford this, having no job and all, oh well, theres always deadstock or the used market in a year or two.

Edited by Million Star

Preordered it off of AmiAmi for $322 Canadian..... oh well I guess I just figured out what I am getting myself for Christmas!:lol:

Price isn't to horrible (still hurts though)! But unlike the Macross Quarter I don't think I can wait for this to come on sale. I need something to go with that giant AT-AT I purchased last month. (now that's a freakin awesome toy and only 100 bucks!):)

SDF-1 1/3000 at 330 - 400 $ seems a much better deal than the battlepod for the same price range, but unfortunately, i cannot afford it at this time in my life stage. This may have been asked before, and i appologise if that is the case, but what is the size comparison between a vf-1 1/48? or 1/60 yf-19 in batroid mode and the sdf-1 in robot mode?

Don't remember, but I ordered the first night and my confirmation email says 26790 yen (currently $311.9651)

So still not too bad.

That price is much better than BBTS $420- Would you happen to know the shipping cost from AmiAmi? Also, do they charge your card immediately or when the item hits stock room?

22% is for the Japan site, 17% for English.

And when you actually do the math their "17%" off is actually 18.32% off. Most dual language sites have better discount for the Japanese market because they have to pay 5% tax, while the export customers don't.

It's only 17% off now at 26,790. Was it cheaper a few days ago??

It only shows 22% on the Japanese site because they have a suggested retail price of 34,440 listed, but still selling for 26,790.

On the English site, they have the suggested retail price of 32,800.

Regardless, either way, everyone is still paying 26,790 whether it is 22% off 34,400 or 17% (which is not right, it's over 18% off if you do the math) off 32,800.

AMI AMI has it listed for $312.02 and HLJ has it now on pre-order for a little more but you get 5% off if you order by Oct 18, I got goosebumps finaly a Yamato SDF-1 what to do what to do? Should I order form Ami Ami or HLJ?

Ami Ami pre-order

HLJ Pre-order

Plus I saw this too, turns out it was also available on their site but did not show it until the 1/3000 became available and cheaper.

1/2000 SDF-1 Macross

Edited by VF-18S Hornet